Windows 10: Microphone sample rate is locked/grayed out.

Discus and support Microphone sample rate is locked/grayed out. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am trying to use VoiceMod (voice changer/soundboard) with my new USB condenser microphone. Voicemod requires the sample rate to be anywhere between... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MotoNomadic, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Microphone sample rate is locked/grayed out.

I am trying to use VoiceMod (voice changer/soundboard) with my new USB condenser microphone. Voicemod requires the sample rate to be anywhere between 16khz and 48khz. The microphone I purchased says it is up to 192khz but when trying to downscale the sample rate the options are grayed out. I have spent hours researching how to fix this issue and nothing has worked. To be clear the setting i am referencing is: Control Panel>Sound>Recording>Right Click Mic>Properties>Advanced Tab.

Things i have tried:

• Uninstalling/reinstalling audio drivers
    • Uninstalling/reinstalling Realtek Audio Manager
    • Uninstalling/reinstalling VoiceMod
    • Setting microphone to default recording device.
    • Enabling/Disabling the exclusive mode check boxes in the advanced tab
    • Accessing the sound settings from Control Panel as well as normal settings
    • Restoring Defaults
    • Closing down all other programs related to audio
    • Safe Mode

Any idea why this sample rate would be locked? I don't have access to any other computers to see if it is a hardware limitation at this point. Maybe there is a audio manager out there that could force the mic to an appropriate sample rate? I appreciate any responses as this has been bugging me for a while now.

submitted by /u/MotoNomadic
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MotoNomadic, Feb 9, 2020

2. Microphone Sample Rate

Hi Octo. This is usually because your microphone/speakers/etc do not actually support higher sample rates, so it automatically changes back. AKA even if you had studio quality, it wouldnt change at all.

Zackary Vanosdol, Feb 9, 2020
  3. ArnolddG Win User
    Microphone properties advanced tab Sample rate setting grayed out

Hello,

On my Win10 Pro PC (1709 build) I cannot adjust the Sample Rate settings of my microphone. They are grayed out:

Microphone sample rate is locked/grayed out. e9c52041-db8a-43c2-b207-2df56cbc28e2?upload=true.jpg

How can I set these properties?

ArnolddG, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Microphone sample rate is locked/grayed out.

Microphone Sample Rate

when i change my mic sample rate in the settings it always goes back to DVD quality instead of Studio quality. Why does it do that?

OctoCubbl3z, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

Microphone sample rate is locked/grayed out.

1. Microphone sample rate is locked/grayed out. - Similar Threads - Microphone sample rate

2. Sampling rate and microphone volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sampling rate and microphone volume: I noticed strange glitches/bugs.I am using bluetooth headphones.When I take them out of the case, I have the playback sample rate set to 44100Hz.If I restart the laptop, or just turn Bluetooth off and on, the playback frequency is set to 48000Hz.And I can't change the...
  3. Sampling rate and microphone volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sampling rate and microphone volume: I noticed strange glitches/bugs.I am using bluetooth headphones.When I take them out of the case, I have the playback sample rate set to 44100Hz.If I restart the laptop, or just turn Bluetooth off and on, the playback frequency is set to 48000Hz.And I can't change the...
  4. Audio Sample Rate is grayed out and wont let me change it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Sample Rate is grayed out and wont let me change it.: I have tried uninstalling audio drivers and restarting the computer. I have also tried to reinstall the device specifically but it still wont work. This is very problematic because some softwares that i use require the device to be at a specific sample rate, but after i...
  5. Microphone sample rate greyed out

Microphone sample rate greyed out: I recently got this headset and I thought, I should use voice mod to troll my friends but then it said the sample rate of the mic was either too high or too low so I had to change it, and I also had a few other apps like auto tune and they wouldn't get my mic, so I went to...
  6. Sample Rate on Microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sample Rate on Microphone: So a few months ago when I got my new headset I optimized the sample rate to be higher. But then someone unplugged my headphones and when I went to plug them back and optimize the microphone again the sample rate was somewhat lower and the max I could go was DVD quality when...
  7. My drop down box to change the sample rate and bit depth for microphones is Grayed out.

My drop down box to change the sample rate and bit depth for microphones is Grayed out.: I just got a new Microphone. I use a program called Voicemod to decrease background noise, but this microphone's Hz are above the 48,000 Hz that Voicemod can handle 192,000 Hz for the mic. Voicemod tells me I can change it by going into Sound, Recording, to my microphone,...
  8. Microphone sample rate

Microphone sample rate: I don't know why after update i have only 44100 and 48000hz. Before i had 192000hz and it vanished. It sucks because i have pretty good microphone, but because of 48000 sample rate the quality is poor. Thx for help...
  9. Can't change microphone sample rate.

Can't change microphone sample rate.: Hello, I use multiple apps that use my microphone and recently I got a better one. The apps I use require either 41100Hz or 48000Hz, but I cant change mine from 192000Hz in the advanced microphone settings. The drop-down box is shaded and I can't interact with it. It gives...
  10. Microphone Sample Rate

Microphone Sample Rate: when i change my mic sample rate in the settings it always goes back to DVD quality instead of Studio quality. Why does it do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/microphone-sample-rate/50f5819d-41df-4300-a274-456979f4769b