Windows 10: Microphone sample rate

Discus and support Microphone sample rate in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I don't know why after update i have only 44100 and 48000hz. Before i had 192000hz and it vanished. It sucks because i have pretty good microphone,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mateuszekal, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Microphone sample rate

I don't know why after update i have only 44100 and 48000hz.

Before i had 192000hz and it vanished.

It sucks because i have pretty good microphone, but because of 48000 sample rate the quality is poor.

Thx for help

:)

mateuszekal, Mar 17, 2020

2. Microphone Sample Rate

Hi Octo. This is usually because your microphone/speakers/etc do not actually support higher sample rates, so it automatically changes back. AKA even if you had studio quality, it wouldnt change at all.

Zackary Vanosdol, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Microphone Sample Rate

when i change my mic sample rate in the settings it always goes back to DVD quality instead of Studio quality. Why does it do that?

OctoCubbl3z, Mar 17, 2020
  4. PetriVKN Win User

Microphone sample rate

Microphone Sample rate won't apply/change

Hi,

I just freshly installed Windows 10 Pro. For some reason al my Microphone inputs are forced to a sample rate of 8000 Hz (Telephone quality). I am able to change it to my prefered sample rate, but when clicking apply, it doesn't apply. Once I open
    the advanced settings again it has been set backt to 8000hz.

I've tried reinstalling windows, installing drivers, audio troubleshooting, nothing seems to work.

I am currently on Windows 10 Pro version 1809.

Does anyone know what to do?

Thanks in advance.

PetriVKN, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Microphone sample rate

1. Microphone sample rate - Similar Threads - Microphone sample rate

2. Sampling rate and microphone volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sampling rate and microphone volume: I noticed strange glitches/bugs.I am using bluetooth headphones.When I take them out of the case, I have the playback sample rate set to 44100Hz.If I restart the laptop, or just turn Bluetooth off and on, the playback frequency is set to 48000Hz.And I can't change the...
  3. Sampling rate and microphone volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sampling rate and microphone volume: I noticed strange glitches/bugs.I am using bluetooth headphones.When I take them out of the case, I have the playback sample rate set to 44100Hz.If I restart the laptop, or just turn Bluetooth off and on, the playback frequency is set to 48000Hz.And I can't change the...
  4. Microphone sample rate greyed out

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone sample rate greyed out: I recently got this headset and I thought, I should use voice mod to troll my friends but then it said the sample rate of the mic was either too high or too low so I had to change it, and I also had a few other apps like auto tune and they wouldn't get my mic, so I went to...
  5. Sample rate

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sample rate: Ok so I am trying to use voice mod a very good voice changer and it is telling me my beat solo 3's sample rate is too low so I go and try and fix it but it won't let me click on the drop-down menu to change it if you could help that would be greatly appreciated!...
  6. Sample Rate on Microphone

Sample Rate on Microphone: So a few months ago when I got my new headset I optimized the sample rate to be higher. But then someone unplugged my headphones and when I went to plug them back and optimize the microphone again the sample rate was somewhat lower and the max I could go was DVD quality when...
  7. Can't Change Microphone Default Sample Rate

Can't Change Microphone Default Sample Rate: I just reinstalled Windows 10 YESTERDAY and haven't even finished installing the software I use and I'm running into problems. I need to have control over my sound settings and I can't change my microphone rate, it's grayed out. See photo attachments. I have uninstalled...
  8. Can't change microphone sample rate.

Can't change microphone sample rate.: Hello, I use multiple apps that use my microphone and recently I got a better one. The apps I use require either 41100Hz or 48000Hz, but I cant change mine from 192000Hz in the advanced microphone settings. The drop-down box is shaded and I can't interact with it. It gives...
  9. microphone won't change sample rate.

microphone won't change sample rate.: i tried to change my microphone's sample rate back to CD quality because when i switched to DVD quality it stopped working. but it wont change back. when i try to change it back it says error! format not supported by the device. here is a screenshot:[ATTACH]...
  10. Microphone Sample Rate

Microphone Sample Rate: when i change my mic sample rate in the settings it always goes back to DVD quality instead of Studio quality. Why does it do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/microphone-sample-rate/50f5819d-41df-4300-a274-456979f4769b