Windows 10: Microphone sample rate

Discus and support Microphone sample rate in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I don't know why after update i have only 44100 and 48000hz. Before i had 192000hz and it vanished. It sucks because i have pretty good microphone,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mateuszekal, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Microphone sample rate

I don't know why after update i have only 44100 and 48000hz.

Before i had 192000hz and it vanished.

It sucks because i have pretty good microphone, but because of 48000 sample rate the quality is poor.

Thx for help

:)

mateuszekal, Mar 17, 2020

2. Microphone Sample Rate

Hi Octo. This is usually because your microphone/speakers/etc do not actually support higher sample rates, so it automatically changes back. AKA even if you had studio quality, it wouldnt change at all.

Zackary Vanosdol, Mar 17, 2020
  3. Microphone Sample Rate

when i change my mic sample rate in the settings it always goes back to DVD quality instead of Studio quality. Why does it do that?

OctoCubbl3z, Mar 17, 2020
  4. PetriVKN Win User

Microphone sample rate

Microphone Sample rate won't apply/change

Hi,

I just freshly installed Windows 10 Pro. For some reason al my Microphone inputs are forced to a sample rate of 8000 Hz (Telephone quality). I am able to change it to my prefered sample rate, but when clicking apply, it doesn't apply. Once I open
    the advanced settings again it has been set backt to 8000hz.

I've tried reinstalling windows, installing drivers, audio troubleshooting, nothing seems to work.

I am currently on Windows 10 Pro version 1809.

Does anyone know what to do?

Thanks in advance.

PetriVKN, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Microphone sample rate

1. Microphone sample rate - Similar Threads - Microphone sample rate

2. Microphone sample rate is locked/grayed out.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone sample rate is locked/grayed out.: I am trying to use VoiceMod (voice changer/soundboard) with my new USB condenser microphone. Voicemod requires the sample rate to be anywhere between 16khz and 48khz. The microphone I purchased says it is up to 192khz but when trying to downscale the sample rate the options...
  3. Usb sampling rate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb sampling rate: I use an audio device via a USB cable to enable a high sampling rate. I change this to 24 bit 192kbit. The problem is that every time I switch the audio device off and later back on, the sampling rate falls back to the default. Can I change this default setting? is this...
  4. How to change Sample rate?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change Sample rate?: I've been trying to change my Sample rate for my headphones in headset properties, to use an external app Voicemod. Voicemod requires you to use 44000 or 48000 hz or it won't work. Mine is set to 8000hz telephone quality and I tried to change it after uninstalling the app....
  5. Can't change microphone sample rate.

Can't change microphone sample rate.: Hello, I use multiple apps that use my microphone and recently I got a better one. The apps I use require either 41100Hz or 48000Hz, but I cant change mine from 192000Hz in the advanced microphone settings. The drop-down box is shaded and I can't interact with it. It gives...
  6. microphone won't change sample rate.

microphone won't change sample rate.: i tried to change my microphone's sample rate back to CD quality because when i switched to DVD quality it stopped working. but it wont change back. when i try to change it back it says error! format not supported by the device. here is a screenshot:[ATTACH]...
  7. Max Soundcard Sampling Rate ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Max Soundcard Sampling Rate ?: Hello, Not too sharp with this frankly, so would be most appreciative of any help. That old age problem. Trying to get a radio monitoring program going. It wants the user to enter the pc's Max. Soundcard Rate. Have a new HP Pavillion 590-P0025Z desktop. Any idea what the...
  8. I cannot apply Microphone Sample rate

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot apply Microphone Sample rate: I installed Windows 10 Pro. My current version is 1809. However my Microphone sample rate went to 8000 Hz that is a telephone quality. I tried to changed it and at the first sight I was managed to do it, but when I clicked on Apply, it didn’t apply. I opened the advanced...
  9. Microphone Sample rate won't apply/change

Microphone Sample rate won't apply/change: Hi, I just freshly installed Windows 10 Pro. For some reason al my Microphone inputs are forced to a sample rate of 8000 Hz (Telephone quality). I am able to change it to my prefered sample rate, but when clicking apply, it doesn't apply. Once I open the advanced settings...
  10. Microphone Sample Rate

Microphone Sample Rate: when i change my mic sample rate in the settings it always goes back to DVD quality instead of Studio quality. Why does it do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/microphone-sample-rate/50f5819d-41df-4300-a274-456979f4769b