Windows 10: Microphone settings will not apply

Discus and support Microphone settings will not apply in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi really I need of help. my microphone keeps resetting to 100 when I start app a new game or app even with my settings switched to not allow apps to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JordanOtt1, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Microphone settings will not apply

Hi really I need of help. my microphone keeps resetting to 100 when I start app a new game or app even with my settings switched to not allow apps to alter my microphone. if I could just apply a lower volume to my microphone it would be fine but in the microphone settings the apply button is faded and wont let me apply any new volume level. my headsets drivers are all fully updated

:)

JordanOtt1, Mar 22, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Mar 22, 2020
  3. setting up microphone for speech recognition

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are trying to setup speech recognition on the PC.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • When you say that “the box is grey and unresponsive”, where you are seeing this option?
    • Are you able to connect the microphone to the PC? (Does it show in Device Manager)

Meanwhile we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if you are able to setup the microphone.

Steps to set up a microphone: Before you set up Speech Recognition, make sure you've plugged the microphone into your PC so the following steps work.

1. Press Windows + Q or click on the Windows Search.
    2. Enter Set up a microphone in the search box, and then tap or click
      Set up a microphone.
    3. Follow the instructions on the screen.
    4. Once you are able to setup the microphone and then check if it’s working.

You may also refer this article for additional help: Use voice recognition
    in Windows 10

If you are facing issues configuring microphone on your computer, I would suggest you to refer:

Fix microphone problems

Let us know how it goes.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 22, 2020
  4. Mala_S Win User

Microphone settings will not apply

Microphone Sample rate won't apply/change

Hello PetriVKN,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue might be due to unsupportive drivers which are installed on your computer. I suggest you to try with the below

steps and check if it works.

Method 1: Update drivers from manufacturer's website.

Visit your computer manufacturer's website to check if there is any new drivers available for microphone that needs to be installed. If it's already on the latest driver build, you may follow step 2.

Method 2:

• Access settings / System / Sound and ensure the ensure the input device and output device are set correctly.
    • Try running the troubleshooter.
    • Uninstalled the drivers. Reboot he computer and reinstall the latest drivers.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

Microphone settings will not apply

1. Microphone settings will not apply - Similar Threads - Microphone settings apply

2. The settings does not applied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The settings does not applied: Video hereThe settings does not change when I try to change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-settings-does-not-applied/ee9056bb-5be6-4eb7-bc1c-53ff11d84d50
  3. The settings does not applied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The settings does not applied: Video hereThe settings does not change when I try to change it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-settings-does-not-applied/ee9056bb-5be6-4eb7-bc1c-53ff11d84d50
  4. The settings does not applied

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Exposure settings not applying in w10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Exposure settings not applying in w10.: Hello. I have been beating against, what I consider, an enforced exposure setting lock in windows 10 when trying to set up pk-910h camera from A4Tech. To start off - the default Camera app provided by Windows did not help me with this problem. There is no similar setting to...
  6. Exposure settings not applying in w10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Exposure settings not applying in w10.: Hello. I have been beating against, what I consider, an enforced exposure setting lock in windows 10 when trying to set up pk-910h camera from A4Tech. To start off - the default Camera app provided by Windows did not help me with this problem. There is no similar setting to...
  7. Exposure settings not applying in w10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Unable to apply ClearType setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to apply ClearType setting: I have tried applying ClearType several times, but every time I launch the set-up, the settings are reverted to its default values. I also noticed there's no difference before or after configuring ClearType. I tried launching the set-up as administrator but I still didn't...
  9. I cannot apply Microphone Sample rate

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot apply Microphone Sample rate: I installed Windows 10 Pro. My current version is 1809. However my Microphone sample rate went to 8000 Hz that is a telephone quality. I tried to changed it and at the first sight I was managed to do it, but when I clicked on Apply, it didn’t apply. I opened the advanced...
  10. "apply" button for settings

in Windows 10 Support
    "apply" button for settings: Can't find one. Apparently the only way to invoke a change is to hit the X button. Which is a pain if I want to look at alternatives. Maybe a keyboard shortcut? 33700