Windows 10: Microphone setup not working in Windows 10

Discus and support Microphone setup not working in Windows 10 in Cortana to solve the problem; I have a brand new Lenovo Ideapad with very high quality specs. I have updated to Windows 10 Home and am unable to use Cortana because the microphone... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by amitkumar_995, Apr 13, 2020.

1. Microphone setup not working in Windows 10

I have a brand new Lenovo Ideapad with very high quality specs. I have updated to Windows 10 Home and am unable to use Cortana because the microphone will not pick up my voice. If I try to run the Microphone Set Up Wizard, it will not be able to hear my voice. I have tried troubleshooting the issue in a number of ways including: updating the drivers, checking the levels, even recording my own voice on a file just to see that the microphone is working. All of these are exactly in line with what you would want. And yet, I am still unable to complete the microphone setup wizard and Cortana cannot hear me at all.

Any ideas or solutions? Could this simply be a bug with the original release of Windows 10?

:)

amitkumar_995, Apr 13, 2020

2. Microphone setup not working in Windows 10

Hi,

The solution provided by janet b[MSFT] was posted a while back and we have rolled out multiple updates since then. The steps may no longer work with the current setup you have. For us to resolve your concern regarding the microphone not working, kindly answer
    the questions below:

• Were there any error messages that showed up when you attempted to use the microphone with the computer?
    • Since you mentioned the microphone was working previously, were there any recent changes made or updates that was installed in your computer?
    • Which version and build of Windows do you installed in your computer?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Apr 13, 2020
  3. Microphone setup not working in Windows 10

Since this is the case and the microphone is not working still. We would like to confirm if the microphone you are using came with a installer or software? If it did come with an installer or software, have you tried to reinstall it? As a recommendation,
    you can also run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Troubleshooting in Cortana or the Search bar and from the list select troubleshooting.
    • On the Troubleshooting window select “View All” on the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can select the
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

Using this troubleshooter, it will attempt to finds the errors causing the issue with your devices and correct them.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Apr 13, 2020
  4. Microphone setup not working in Windows 10

microphone not working on windows 10

Since I installed windows 10 my microphone is not working. I tried ALL the steps that you suggested in other threads and the microphone still doesn't work! Please find urgently a solution!

MikaelaSympoura, Apr 13, 2020
Thema:

Microphone setup not working in Windows 10

1. Microphone setup not working in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Microphone setup working

2. Microphone setup not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone setup not working: i have a poly headset bt700 and it plays audio on the pc just fine, but the microphone is not detecting or working in teams and other programs. I have uninstalled and reinstalled driveri have looked for updates and rebootedi have tried all the different properties to modify...
  3. Microphone setup not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone setup not working: i have a poly headset bt700 and it plays audio on the pc just fine, but the microphone is not detecting or working in teams and other programs. I have uninstalled and reinstalled driveri have looked for updates and rebootedi have tried all the different properties to modify...
  4. Microphone setup not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Issue with microphone setup not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with microphone setup not working.: I have recently had an issue with were my microphone just suddenly stops working. It happens for multiple different microphones and does not seem to be an issue with them. When I try to run my microphone set up I get this error. I found another thread that mentioned...
  6. Issue with microphone setup not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with microphone setup not working.: I have recently had an issue with were my microphone just suddenly stops working. It happens for multiple different microphones and does not seem to be an issue with them. When I try to run my microphone set up I get this error. I found another thread that mentioned...
  7. Issue with microphone setup not working.

8. Windows 10 microphone/ audio output setup

Windows 10 microphone/ audio output setup: I use Windows 10 and am trying to set up a headset. It is a turtle beaches mike, so I would like to use it as the microphone input and the audio output. I have it plugged into a 9mm jack and it will not produce audio. Works fine with other devices....
  9. Microphone setup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone setup: Cortana stopped picking up my voice in the Lenovo ThinkPad. The issue appeared after Windows 10 update. I tried Microphone Set Up Wizard, updated the drivers. My troubleshooting steps did not help...
  10. Microphone Setup

Microphone Setup: Hi, I recently bought the SF-920 Condenser Microphone which plugs into the 3.5mm Headphone Jack. I have seen tutorials on how to set up the microphone online but I do not see a separate microphone pop up on the Recording tab in sound manager. Can anyone please help me with...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. lenovo microphone not working with windows 10 update

2. zoom mic isnt working but my mic is fine

3. mi microphone wount work windows

4. no mic with zoom,
  5. microphone not working computer windows 10 thnkpad,
  6. Why doesnt my microphone work on my zoom meeting,
  7. set up microphone wizard could not start