Windows 10: Microphone setup

Discus and support Microphone setup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Cortana stopped picking up my voice in the Lenovo ThinkPad. The issue appeared after Windows 10 update. I tried Microphone Set Up Wizard, updated the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Darrin Coury, May 14, 2020.

1. Microphone setup

Cortana stopped picking up my voice in the Lenovo ThinkPad. The issue appeared after Windows 10 update. I tried Microphone Set Up Wizard, updated the drivers. My troubleshooting steps did not help

:)

Darrin Coury, May 14, 2020

2. setting up microphone for speech recognition

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are trying to setup speech recognition on the PC.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • When you say that “the box is grey and unresponsive”, where you are seeing this option?
    • Are you able to connect the microphone to the PC? (Does it show in Device Manager)

Meanwhile we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if you are able to setup the microphone.

Steps to set up a microphone: Before you set up Speech Recognition, make sure you've plugged the microphone into your PC so the following steps work.

1. Press Windows + Q or click on the Windows Search.
    2. Enter Set up a microphone in the search box, and then tap or click
      Set up a microphone.
    3. Follow the instructions on the screen.
    4. Once you are able to setup the microphone and then check if it’s working.

You may also refer this article for additional help: Use voice recognition
    in Windows 10

If you are facing issues configuring microphone on your computer, I would suggest you to refer:

Fix microphone problems

Let us know how it goes.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 14, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to use Microphone on the computer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to use Microphone on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with this issue.

However, please let us know:

• Were you able to use Microphone on your computer earlier?
    • What is the make and model of the Microphone that you are using?

Ideally, if we add a new Microphone to the computer, we will need to go through the setup process to use it, let me help you with the steps. I would suggest you to refer the article on
    How to set up and test microphones in Windows 10 and setup
    the Microphone. Once the Microphone is setup, you can start using it.

If you still face issues, I would suggest you to refer the article on
    Fix microphone problems
    and see if that helps.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 14, 2020
  4. Microphone setup

Microphone problem Windows (8/10)

Hi,

To resolve your microphone issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click Windows + S then type Speech Recognition on the search bar.
    • Click Set up microphone and follow the Microphone setup wizard.
    • When you reach Adjust the microphone volume, please note if the volume bar moves from yellow to red.
    • Once the Setup wizard is complete, we can check if the microphone works properly. We can eliminate hardware problem from the possible causes of the issue. Please check to if the issue persists in the Third-party software.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, May 14, 2020
Thema:

Microphone setup

1. Microphone setup - Similar Threads - Microphone setup

2. Microphone setup not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone setup not working: i have a poly headset bt700 and it plays audio on the pc just fine, but the microphone is not detecting or working in teams and other programs. I have uninstalled and reinstalled driveri have looked for updates and rebootedi have tried all the different properties to modify...
  3. Microphone setup not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone setup not working: i have a poly headset bt700 and it plays audio on the pc just fine, but the microphone is not detecting or working in teams and other programs. I have uninstalled and reinstalled driveri have looked for updates and rebootedi have tried all the different properties to modify...
  4. Microphone setup not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Issue with microphone setup not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with microphone setup not working.: I have recently had an issue with were my microphone just suddenly stops working. It happens for multiple different microphones and does not seem to be an issue with them. When I try to run my microphone set up I get this error. I found another thread that mentioned...
  6. Issue with microphone setup not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with microphone setup not working.: I have recently had an issue with were my microphone just suddenly stops working. It happens for multiple different microphones and does not seem to be an issue with them. When I try to run my microphone set up I get this error. I found another thread that mentioned...
  7. Issue with microphone setup not working.

8. Any such thing as a noise gate that I can setup for my microphone?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any such thing as a noise gate that I can setup for my microphone?: Hey guys, I do gaming with my friends from the Xbox console companion app, however they tend to get annoyed because my keyboard switch sounds tend to cut right through into the mix and I was wondering if there was such thing as setting up an overally noise gate through the...
  9. Neewer 700 microphone not recognized/making sound; is it a setup problem?

Neewer 700 microphone not recognized/making sound; is it a setup problem?: So, I’m a poor student and I need a microphone for my VO projects and singing projects. I bought a Neewer NW-700 and an Aokeo 48v phantom power supply. An XLR to jack came with the microphone, an XLR to XLR came with the phantom power supply. I also bought a jack-input to USB...
  10. Windows 10 microphone/ audio output setup

Windows 10 microphone/ audio output setup: I use Windows 10 and am trying to set up a headset. It is a turtle beaches mike, so I would like to use it as the microphone input and the audio output. I have it plugged into a 9mm jack and it will not produce audio. Works fine with other devices....