Windows 10: Microphone showing not plugged in

Discus and support Microphone showing not plugged in in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I just got a new headset and plugged in both the sound and audio jacks. The audio is working fine however, the microphone is not working at all.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SmithHouse43, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Microphone showing not plugged in

Hello, I just got a new headset and plugged in both the sound and audio jacks. The audio is working fine however, the microphone is not working at all. When I go to the sound control panel, it shows that my microphone is not plugged in even though it is. Can anyone help? Im using windows 10 btw.

:)

SmithHouse43, Apr 22, 2019
  2. Jonatino Win User

Rear audio ports always show as “Not plugged in”

I've been having this issue with Windows for about a week now which NONE of the back panel/front panel connectors (speakers, microphone) are being recognized by Realtek audio manager. The only audio input/outputs that are showing are the optical.
    Troubling shooting steps I've tried (none worked):

• COMPLETELY uninstall all Realtek drivers/reinstall
    • Tried using windows drivers
    • Reinstall Windows 10
    • Upgraded chipset driver
    • sfc /scannow
    I called EVGA and asked for RMA but then I booted into a Ubuntu OS and all the ports work FINE. It must be a problem with windows 10.
    Can you think of any other troubling shooting step I can try to fix this annoying issue? Thanks!
    Screenshot of playback devices:

Microphone showing not plugged in [​IMG]

Screenshot of Realtek HD Audio Manager:

After looking in Device Manager under Audio inputs and outputs, I don't see any speaker/microphone listings, only the optical crap:

Jonatino, Apr 22, 2019
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Plug in your microphone

Your computer may be having an issue detecting your microphone that is why you're always seeing the notification. We recommend that you disable, and then re-enable your microphone to resolve the issue. To do this, follow these steps:

• On the lower right part of your screen, right-click the speaker or sound icon.
    • Choose Recording devices.
    • Right-click on the list of recording devices, and then make sure that the
      Show disabled devices
      option is checked. If the option is not checked, kindly click it.
    • Right-click on your microphone, and then select Disable.
    • Right-click again on your microphone, and then select Enable.
    • Click OK.
    • Check if you'll encounter the microphone notification again.

We'll be waiting for the outcome.

Argel Obm, Apr 22, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Microphone showing not plugged in

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Apr 22, 2019
Thema:

Microphone showing not plugged in

1. Microphone showing not plugged in - Similar Threads - Microphone showing plugged

2. Laptop's own microphone shows not plugged in RealtekR Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop's own microphone shows not plugged in RealtekR Audio: I haven't done any remarkable changes to my laptop but suddenly the laptop's microphone stopped working out of no where. I tried to troubleshoot the problem but recording microphone was not visible under the other troubleshooter part in the system>Troubleshoot>other...
  3. Laptop's own microphone shows not plugged in RealtekR Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop's own microphone shows not plugged in RealtekR Audio: I haven't done any remarkable changes to my laptop but suddenly the laptop's microphone stopped working out of no where. I tried to troubleshoot the problem but recording microphone was not visible under the other troubleshooter part in the system>Troubleshoot>other...
  4. plugged in microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    plugged in microphone: Hi I plugged a microphone into my laptop and i can't get any sound to come out of it but when i test it the bar goes all the way up. how can I use my mic to sing kareoke?...
  5. Microphone not plugged in (it is)

Microphone not plugged in (it is): My Microphone was fine until i decided to clean up my room, after that i plugged it back in and it did not work. My computer said it wasn't plugged it and it is, help would be appreciated 156417
  6. Microphone not plugged in.

Microphone not plugged in.: This will only take 6 minutes to read... In sound panel > recording my microphone says: not plugged in. Even though it is plugged in. My microphone will turn on a light when ever it is connected to anything and gets power. My computer will only give sound from the computer...
  7. Microphone not plugged in

Microphone not plugged in: [img] 146569
  8. Microphone Array not plugged in.

Microphone Array not plugged in.: Hi, The Microphone Array (Realtek High Definition Audio (SST)) shows that it is not plugged in despite connecting my headphone to the headphone jack. I had updated, roll backed and reinstalled the driver yet it still remains not plugged in. Are there any way to solve...
  9. microphone is not "Plugged in"

in Windows 10 Customization
    microphone is not "Plugged in": So up until 3 days ago the microphone in my headphones were working perfectly. But then I updated my computer and now the computer says that my headphones are working which they are but it also says that my microphone is not plugged in which they are because they are in my...
  10. Microphone 'Not plugged in'?

Microphone 'Not plugged in'?: I have recently updated from windows 8.1 to 10. After the update, I plugged in my headphones where the speakers are perfectly fine (playback device) but why does the microphone (recording device) say 'not plugged in' when it clearly is? It was perfectly working on windows 8.1...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. UsB headphones showing as not plugged in

2. microphone plugged in but shows unplugged

3. windows 10 shows internal microphone not plugged in

4. mic pluged in not showing,
  5. headphones showing not plugged in,
  6. windows 10 microphone not plugged in,
  7. i plugged the mic then also in system is showing not plugged in,
  8. microphone shows not plugged in but it is