Windows 10: Microphone shows as headset in setting

Discus and support Microphone shows as headset in setting in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My microphone(input) shows as headset(output) cannot change this in settings, been working on for over a week. Please assist. submitted by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Werezombie16, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Microphone shows as headset in setting

My microphone(input) shows as headset(output) cannot change this in settings, been working on for over a week. Please assist.

submitted by /u/Werezombie16
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Werezombie16, Oct 22, 2020

2. External microphone not showing in the Recording tab

My Windows 10 laptop is not recognizing any external microphones. I have two headsets: a Bluetooth one and one for an audio jack. Both headsets work correctly on other devices. When I connect the headsets to my computer, I can hear audio, but the microphones
    do not work.

Here are the steps I've taken so far:

• Updated drivers (they were already up to date)
    • From Sound Settings, headsets do not appear as options for the input device
    • Ran the microphone troubleshooter - headsets do not appear as options
    • From Control Panel > Sound > Recording, headsets do not appear as options. I have selected the disabled and disconnected devices options.
    • From Microphone Privacy, all apps have access to the microphone.
    That's everything I found online to fix this problem. Any suggestions?

TechWriterHeather, Oct 22, 2020
  3. USB headset microphone not working

Hi,

This issue could have happened due to settings of your Microphone. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you check your Microphone is not disabled and set as default. You can follow these steps to check your microphone settings:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.
    • Now, right click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
    • Select “Microphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the microphone is enabled.
    • You may also check if the microphone that you are using is set as default.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Anthony Gal, Oct 22, 2020
  4. Jen.Q Win User

Microphone shows as headset in setting

Headsets microphone is not working

Hi

I'm Jen, a fellow user and an Independent Advisor.

Here's what you can try:

1. Navigate to Settings > Privacy > Microphone

2. Click the Change button, then make sure Microphone for this device is turned on.

3. Make sure Allow apps to access your microphone is turned on.

If you still continue to have the same problem after doing the troubleshooting steps, then proceed to the steps below:

1. Navigate to Control Panel > Sound

2. Select the Recording tab, then right click on any empty place inside the device list and tick Show Disabled Devices.

3. Right click the Headset Microphone and click Enable.

4. Right click it again and select Set as Default Device.

5. Right click Headset Microphone and click Properties.

6. Click the Levels tab, then drag the volume slider towards the largest value.

7. Click OK

Hopefully this resolves your issue.

Jen.Q, Oct 22, 2020
Thema:

Microphone shows as headset in setting

1. Microphone shows as headset in setting - Similar Threads - Microphone shows headset

2. Headset microphone doesn't show in recording options

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset microphone doesn't show in recording options: My headset has a microphone but it doesn't show up in recording. It will show up in playback and works fine, but isn't an option in recording. Is it even possible to use my headset as playback and recording at the same time? and how would I fix this issue....
  3. my headset microphone is not showing in recording

my headset microphone is not showing in recording: I'm using the HyperX Cloud Stinger headset. Instead of my computer using my headset microphone, it was using the one inbuilt into my laptop. I went to recording to switch devices and my headset didn't show. I tried running multiple troubleshooters and reset my drivers with...
  4. my headset's microphone is not showing up anywhere.

my headset's microphone is not showing up anywhere.: I recently bought an Alienware Aw310h headset, and plugged it into my ALienware M17 r3's headphone jack. But, the microphone is not showing up. Is there something I can do with the computer, or do I need to buy a usb adapter and the splitter cable provided?...
  5. Headset microphone is not showing up on devices

Headset microphone is not showing up on devices: I have a headset that came with a splitter and when i plug it into the computer the i can hear audio fine and the headset shows up in devices but the microphone doesnt show up in devices. How can i fix this?...
  6. Headset microphone not showing after new update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset microphone not showing after new update: So after installing the new windows update, my windows is not showing/using my headset microphone. Instead using my terrible quality laptop microphone headset name: Asus ROG Strix Fusion 300 windows Os build: 19041.450...
  7. headset with microphone

headset with microphone: I am trying to set up a headset with microphone to my new pc, having issues, shows paired, but microphone is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-with-microphone/fac76416-4b92-4cf3-85d0-ee9de8683d47
  8. headset microphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    headset microphone: I have a HyperX Cloud Revolver and i recently got a new mic from amazon for it since i lost my last one... i have a laptop... Acer Predator Helios 300... ive looked in recording devices even checked disabled... not there... i went into device manager... tried disable and...
  9. Headset not showing in Playback, Same as the microphone not showing in Recording.

Headset not showing in Playback, Same as the microphone not showing in Recording.: xcraft hp1000 headset plugged into my motherboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headset-not-showing-in-playback-same-as-the/6c75bf79-4f7c-4763-9c46-b04a121267f5
  10. headset with microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    headset with microphone: I have a headset with microphone that I use on my xbox, but it will not work with my PC. Can anyone direct me on how I can get it to work with my PC?...