Windows 10: Microphone Sound Level Changing

Discus and support Microphone Sound Level Changing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm trying to adjust my microphones volume level by setting the level manually then using and voice recorder program to hear how it sounds. My computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JM2000D, Oct 14, 2020.

1. JM2000D Win User

Microphone Sound Level Changing

I'm trying to adjust my microphones volume level by setting the level manually then using and voice recorder program to hear how it sounds. My computer however is automatically changing the volume level to what it thinks it should be when I speak and it is too high. How do I get it to stop doing that?

:)

JM2000D, Oct 14, 2020
  2. Vicky Acs Win User

Headphones' Microphone Volume Under the "Levels" Tab Disappeared

We suggest that you check the following steps on how to raise the mic volume:

• Check the Speaker icon on the system tray. Right click on it and choose "Recording Devices" menu.
    • This will show Sound window. Go to Recording tab of Sound window, you will notice the microphone which is active that has a green check mark. Right click on the active microphone and select "Properties".
    • You will now see Microphone Properties window. Go to the
      Levels
      tab and you will now see Microphone and
      Microphone Boos
      t. You can use the sliders to modify your volume settings. Click
      OK button to save changes.

Let us know how it works so we can further assist you.

Vicky Acs, Oct 14, 2020
  3. aros Win User
    When Enabling Cortana the Microphone Sound Level Resets to 62

Whenever I activate Cortana either by clicking the little microphone icon near Ask me anything bar or by WinKey + C, the sound level of my microphone changes to 62, so I several times went to Recording Devices -> Right click on Microphone -> Properties -> Levels tab and manually changed the level to 100, but as soon as I activate Cortana< the sound level decreases to 62

4. Microphone Sound Level Changing

Microphone level

Hi,

One of the possible reasons you're experiencing this issue can be due to driver problems. To have a better understanding regarding your external microphone concern, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Is this a new device?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your computer, like installing updates?
    • What steps have you done so far to resolve this issue?
    • Have you changed any settings related to sound on your device?

In the meantime, you may use the sound troubleshooter by clicking this
    link. It includes steps on how to resolve common issues
    related to sound.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Kristoffer Abs, Oct 14, 2020
Thema:

Microphone Sound Level Changing

1. Microphone Sound Level Changing - Similar Threads - Microphone Sound Level

2. My microphone level keeps changing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone level keeps changing.: My mic level changes frequently. e.g. My mic level is 83 then when I check that later on, it is in 97. I already turned off allow exclusive control from programs, but it still changes....
  3. My microphone level keeps changing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone level keeps changing.: My mic level changes frequently. e.g. My mic level is 83 then when I check that later on, it is in 97. I already turned off allow exclusive control from programs, but it still changes....
  4. My microphone level keeps changing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microphone array is picking sound but changing the level

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone array is picking sound but changing the level: My mic is picking up sound but barely. If I go into sound from the control panel it barely picks up on the bar in the whole range on the right of it. The same happens in sound from the settings menu. To add to this if I listen to the device I can slightly hear my voice and...
  6. Microphone array is picking sound but changing the level

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone array is picking sound but changing the level: My mic is picking up sound but barely. If I go into sound from the control panel it barely picks up on the bar in the whole range on the right of it. The same happens in sound from the settings menu. To add to this if I listen to the device I can slightly hear my voice and...
  7. Microphone array is picking sound but changing the level

8. Microphone recognized / Levels do not change

Microphone recognized / Levels do not change: I am setting up an audio interface Arcano mini-m to my PC. On input I have a XRL connector to a BM 800 microphone JieLi BR17. The interface works on usb. Since it is plug and play the drivers are already installed and de device is recognized. However the microphone doesn`t...
  9. Microphone Volume Level changing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone Volume Level changing: This problem has persisted for as long as I've been using windows 10 and I have never seen a working fix. My microphone Is plugged in, set to default device in sound control panel and I've set the gain on the microphone itself to where I would like it and have also set the...
  10. Microphone sound level resets randomly - solved

Microphone sound level resets randomly - solved: PC Desktop Win 10. Microphone sound level began resetting to zero and blocking microphone. Tried so many things including uninstall and reinstall audio programs, Real Tek program and drivers, and more. None worked. Downloaded free Malwarebytes.com and quarantined lots of...