Windows 10: Microphone sounds compressed. Like there is noise suppression on by default

Discus and support Microphone sounds compressed. Like there is noise suppression on by default in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've tried recording on voice recorder and Davinci Resolve and they both give the same result.I have a hunch this is after the windows update I had on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Daniel Cash1, Aug 13, 2022.

1. Microphone sounds compressed. Like there is noise suppression on by default

I've tried recording on voice recorder and Davinci Resolve and they both give the same result.I have a hunch this is after the windows update I had on the 10th and when I check the events manager for my device, it says it was configured on this day with audioendpoint.infMy microphone is a Blue Yeti. I have tried it on a different computer and it sounds fine.Here's a testing recording I did on the guitar to show that the volume pulses in and out and changes.Recording 662.m4a - Google Drive

:)

Daniel Cash1, Aug 13, 2022
  2. kirillkh Win User

Better microphone noise suppression in Windows 10?

Having acquired a new and supposedly good microphone (ModMic), I noticed that I'm still hearing a lot of noise in the recording - about as bad as with my old cheap microphone. I now think the reason is the quality of the sound card (it's the on-board sound card on Asus Z170 PRO GAMING motherboard). For the record, I hear very similar results from both microphone ports (front and rear). My microphone boost setting is at zero and the gain is at 100%, but I also tried different settings with similar results.

I tried to use two noise suppression tools:

1. The "Noise suppression" checkbox in Microphone Properties -> VoizReal Exp tab. This helps, but some background noise remains and it seems the voice is clipped.
    2. The "Noise suppression" filter in OBS Studio. This works much better. No noise remains, and the voice quality is comparatively good.

The question is is it possible to apply a filter like (2) system-wide and not just in OBS Studio.

kirillkh, Aug 13, 2022
  3. GuiM1# Win User
    Windows 10 Microphone Noise suppression not working, background static noise

Hi, she has all drivers up-to-date, she tried the first method and nothing changed, she doesn't have a headset with a microphone, she is using the PC's built in microphone. i tried to listen to her with a different headset and the background static noise
    is still there. I cant find the realtek HD audio manager files, to uninstall them or update them to see if she gets the same version as i have, because i suspect that the realtek HD audio manager "noise suppression" option is not working properly...

well, she doesn't have to use this manager to get to that option, because the "noise suppression option" can be found in "recording devices" > Microphone properties > enhancements tab

so i think either the mic is faulty and she needs to use the warranty or something is wrong with her windows 10 "noise suppression option"

even if she mutes skype i can still faintly hear that static noise on the background.

This is my Realtek HD Audio Manager,

Microphone sounds compressed. Like there is noise suppression on by default 822c8fc3-c42f-4512-a786-a7b909a050eb.png

GuiM1#, Aug 13, 2022
  4. Microphone sounds compressed. Like there is noise suppression on by default

Sound noise like sound separation when use Microsoft Teams or some other apps

Hi Tung , I am Juliet and It's my pleasure to help you today.

How are you? I hope you are doing good.

I know how frustrating this may be for you but I'll do my very best to help you Microphone sounds compressed. Like there is noise suppression on by default :)

I would suggest you try the following below:

From a meeting window:

1. Select More options More options button in your meeting controls and then select Device settings.

2. Under Noise suppression, select an option.

Noise suppression options in Device settings

a. Auto (default) The Teams app decides on the best level of noise suppression based on local noise.

b. High Suppresses all background sound that isn't speech.

Notes:

*For this option, your computer's processor must support Advanced Vector Extensions 2 (AVX2).

*Enabling this option uses more computer resources.

c. Low Suppresses low levels of persistent background noise, such as a computer fan or air conditioner. Use this setting for playing music.

d. Off Noise suppression is disabled. Use this setting for high-fidelity microphones in low noise environments.

I hope it helps! Let me know the results.

source:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/redu...(default)%20The%20Teams%20app,suppression%20based%20on%20local%20noise.&text=High%20Suppresses%20all%20background%20sound%20that%20isn't%20speech.

Juliet Erum, Aug 13, 2022
Thema:

Microphone sounds compressed. Like there is noise suppression on by default

1. Microphone sounds compressed. Like there is noise suppression on by default - Similar Threads - Microphone sounds compressed

2. Microphone audio sounds compressed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone audio sounds compressed?: My Blue Yeti microphone audio sounds very compressed, like it has some sort of noise suppression filter being used. On other devices it sounds fine, so clearly it's not the microphone itself. Here's an older thread that was never resolved which featured the exact same problem...
  3. Microphone audio sounds compressed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone audio sounds compressed?: My Blue Yeti microphone audio sounds very compressed, like it has some sort of noise suppression filter being used. On other devices it sounds fine, so clearly it's not the microphone itself. Here's an older thread that was never resolved which featured the exact same problem...
  4. Microphone audio sounds compressed?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to disable noise suppression when an application is using the microphone.

How to disable noise suppression when an application is using the microphone.: Hi,Whenever an application is using my microphone, all the audio that plays gets suppressed and muffled and nearly quiet, there was an option to disable this before, but I just don't know how to disable it.Disabling the options such as Audio Enhancements will make it normal...
  6. Microphone sounds compressed. Like there is noise suppression on by default

Microphone sounds compressed. Like there is noise suppression on by default: I've tried recording on voice recorder and Davinci Resolve and they both give the same result.I have a hunch this is after the windows update I had on the 10th and when I check the events manager for my device, it says it was configured on this day with audioendpoint.infMy...
  7. Microphone sounds compressed. Like there is noise suppression on by default

Microphone sounds compressed. Like there is noise suppression on by default: I've tried recording on voice recorder and Davinci Resolve and they both give the same result.I have a hunch this is after the windows update I had on the 10th and when I check the events manager for my device, it says it was configured on this day with audioendpoint.infMy...
  8. Headset microphone noise suppression not working.

Headset microphone noise suppression not working.: I own a brand new pair of Razer BlacksharkV2 headphones. The speakers in them work great, but I am having problems with my microphone. One day the sound being recorded by my microphone was terrible: it was saturated, it had background noise like the sound of air conditioning...
  9. How to add options like Noise Suppression and Acoustic Echo Cancellation to my microphone...

How to add options like Noise Suppression and Acoustic Echo Cancellation to my microphone...: I recently got a new microphone, it being a USB microphone. This is the microphone itself:...
  10. Noise Suppression Problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Noise Suppression Problem: I Look at Videos on How To Make my Microphone Sound better and It's Almost Always Noise Suppression. I Turn it On But Then My Mic Sounds Worse Than Before. Is There a Way Where i Can Change the Amount of Noise Suppression I Get? If not, Is There Anyway To Download Additional...