Windows 10: microphone static after update

Discus and support microphone static after update in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hi so i updated my pc last night around 11pm, after the update was done i turned my pc off and went to sleep upon waking up this morning i found out my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pauliewilson, Feb 12, 2022.

1. microphone static after update

hi so i updated my pc last night around 11pm, after the update was done i turned my pc off and went to sleep upon waking up this morning i found out my microphone is no longer working and it is just static, im panicking now because my job requires me to use my microphone and i start at 2pm today

:)

pauliewilson, Feb 12, 2022

2. Microphone producing constant static!

Hey, I have a PC Windows 10, 64 bit which I recently got about a month or two ago. I have a headset which has a microphone that was working perfectly fine a few days or a week ago. Suddenly, the mic stops working and starts producing an obnoxious static
    sound which is constant.

It doesn't detect my voice or anything other than the constant static. The Microphone listed in Sound, then recording is 'Realtek High Definition Audio'. Please help! I've tried everything to fix the problem but it's not working!!!!

I've tried to uninstall and update the Realtek driver for it. I tried to reinstall the Microphone through Device Manager. I've tried to troubleshoot the Mic by troubleshooting the Recording Audio in 'Hardware and Sound' but it doesn't troubleshoot the static!!!

Please HELP!

John_hoang03, Feb 12, 2022
  3. My headset microphone outputs static/very muffled sound

Hi Tom,

In order to help you resolve issues with the microphone on headset, we suggest the you run the built in troubleshooter in you PC. Here are the steps:

• In the Search Box, type Troubleshoot and press
      Enter.
    • Look for and select Recording Audio, and press Run the troubleshooter.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rolando Vil, Feb 12, 2022
  4. Arun B J Win User

microphone static after update

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Feb 12, 2022
Thema:

microphone static after update

1. microphone static after update - Similar Threads - microphone static update

2. Microphone has static

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone has static: As the title says my microphone has static white noise type going on. I tried to turn down the boost/volume but when I do that I can't be heard well even if the mic is close to my face....
  3. Microphone has static

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone has static: As the title says my microphone has static white noise type going on. I tried to turn down the boost/volume but when I do that I can't be heard well even if the mic is close to my face....
  4. Microphone Static Issue:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Static Issue:: So, whenever i am recording my voice on Audacity, or just talk. I can't speak anymore, whenever i want to say something, the static only plays. I set everything to defaults. Here is an...
  5. Microphone Static Issue:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone Static Issue:: So, whenever i am recording my voice on Audacity, or just talk. I can't speak anymore, whenever i want to say something, the static only plays. I set everything to defaults. Here is an...
  6. Microphone Static Issue:

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Recording Microphone Static

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recording Microphone Static: So I am using a Dell Inspiron 3000, windows 11. My input device is currently Microphone Array Intel Smart Sound Tech for digital mics. When I speak into the mic, static always comes out, and the audio is fuzzy I tested it with playback, when I play video games with friends...
  8. Recording Microphone Static

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recording Microphone Static: So I am using a Dell Inspiron 3000, windows 11. My input device is currently Microphone Array Intel Smart Sound Tech for digital mics. When I speak into the mic, static always comes out, and the audio is fuzzy I tested it with playback, when I play video games with friends...
  9. microphone static after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microphone static after update: hi so i updated my pc last night around 11pm, after the update was done i turned my pc off and went to sleep upon waking up this morning i found out my microphone is no longer working and it is just static, im panicking now because my job requires me to use my microphone and...
  10. microphone static after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microphone static after update: hi so i updated my pc last night around 11pm, after the update was done i turned my pc off and went to sleep upon waking up this morning i found out my microphone is no longer working and it is just static, im panicking now because my job requires me to use my microphone and...