Windows 10: Microphone still running

Discus and support Microphone still running in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys, I got a new laptop and I was setting up the microphone but when I exited all windows apps the mic is still running and is listening to me.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by -chinchilla-, May 20, 2020.

1. Microphone still running

Hi guys, I got a new laptop and I was setting up the microphone but when I exited all windows apps the mic is still running and is listening to me. When I hover over the mic icon it says "1 app is using your microphone." When I click on it, it opens microphone settings. Microphone still running 098c6ab3-2060-457b-b3d0-602a362886de?upload=true.png

:)

-chinchilla-, May 20, 2020

2. microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 20, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Microphone Issue

Hi
    Mateviar,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, it is possible that the issue is with the
    hardware
    or the
    device
    itself. However, we need to make sure that is the case. To isolate this matter, we have some questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• Have you tried using the microphone to another PC?

• What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you run the
    Hardware and Device Troubleshooter. To run the
    Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the
      Troubleshooter.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 20, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Microphone still running

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Microphone still running

1. Microphone still running - Similar Threads - Microphone still running

2. Headset microphone still not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset microphone still not working: I have tried everything. My microphone doesnt detect any sound, the volume is on max. my pc detects the device and i have gave it permission to my apps but even troubleshoot cant identify the problem. My headset worked on my previous pc, so it is not broken. and i have a...
  3. Headset microphone still not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Headset microphone still not working: I have tried everything. My microphone doesnt detect any sound, the volume is on max. my pc detects the device and i have gave it permission to my apps but even troubleshoot cant identify the problem. My headset worked on my previous pc, so it is not broken. and i have a...
  4. Headset microphone still not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. uninstalled app still running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    uninstalled app still running: I am trying to reinstall an app I had uninstalled because it crashed. The installer says the app is already running and I should click on its icon in the notification tray to exit it. However, there is no icon in the notification tray. I had uninstalled the app and removed...
  6. uninstalled app still running

uninstalled app still running: I am trying to reinstall an app I had uninstalled because it crashed. The installer says the app is already running and I should click on its icon in the notification tray to exit it. However, there is no icon in the notification tray. I had uninstalled the app and removed...
  7. Black screen but still running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen but still running: Hi guys,I left my laptop on for a while as I had to do something and when I came back the power was on, the fan was running, and the keyboard backlight was on, but the screen was black. I tried moving the mouse and pressing keys but it didn't wake. I also tried Windows + Ctrl...
  8. Black screen but still running

Black screen but still running: Hi guys,I left my laptop on for a while as I had to do something and when I came back the power was on, the fan was running, and the keyboard backlight was on, but the screen was black. I tried moving the mouse and pressing keys but it didn't wake. I also tried Windows + Ctrl...
  9. Still cannot get microphone to work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Still cannot get microphone to work: Split from this thread.Split from this thread....My original post for help is now locked and still unresolved. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-help-with-microphone-mute-onoff-button-not/a6bb6b25-8ee0-4d5a-8832-edccca8d210f Would you also be able...
  10. Microphone Input Still Extremely Low

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Input Still Extremely Low: I posted this question before, but the thread was locked by the time I was able to address the reply. However, that reply didn't have a fix that worked for me, so I am posting again. Late 2020, I replaced my 3+ year headset after being told multiple times over a long period...