Windows 10: Microphone still unable to pick up sound from Dragon Speech

Discus and support Microphone still unable to pick up sound from Dragon Speech in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Yes a lot better than a hearing aid like NHS ones Anytime you get stuck you know where to ask first This Forum Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Arcadian, Apr 24, 2016.

1. Microphone still unable to pick up sound from Dragon Speech

Yes a lot better than a hearing aid like NHS ones
    Anytime you get stuck you know where to ask first
    This Forum

hTconeM9user, Apr 25, 2016
  2. Arcadian Win User

That's for sure ! Now to improve my Swedish....*Party

Arcadian, Apr 25, 2016
  3. Good luck with that *Roflmao2

4. Arcadian Win User

Microphone still unable to pick up sound from Dragon Speech

Det är lätt bör du försöka prova det....*Wink

Arcadian, Apr 25, 2016
  5. What is that in English
    *Roflmao2

6. Arcadian Win User
    Try Google S3 translate... *chuckle

Arcadian, Apr 25, 2016
  7. Its easy you should try to give it a try

I used the one from Windows Store translator

8. MrWhoopee Win User

Instead of using a microphone to pick up the audio from the speaker, try a direct connection (headphone output to microphone input) to eliminate errors introduced by speakers and mic. Just a suggestion.

MrWhoopee, Apr 25, 2016
  9. Arcadian Win User
    Not a techie at all sorry but follow your general drift which is interesting. I've now got a mike input (USB Pro Sound) but how do you make the connection to the headphone output as there's two separate wires ?

Arcadian, Apr 26, 2016
  10. MrWhoopee Win User
    I was thinking of a patch cable with 3.5mm (1/8) mini stereo male plugs on both ends, plugged into the mic input and the headphone output jacks. Most desktops and laptops have these two jacks side by side.

Here's an example of the cable:
    6ft 3.5mm Stereo Male to Male Audio Cable

Not sure if it will work, but it's worth a try.

MrWhoopee, Apr 26, 2016
  11. New and up to date Laptops only have one jack point for earphones
    I tried my self what you recommended but it still did not work
    That is why I recommended a USB one for the OP and he is very happy with that if you read through all his posts

hTconeM9user, Apr 26, 2016
  12. Arcadian Win User
    New and up to date Laptops only have one jack point for earphones
    I tried my self what you recommended but it still did not work
    That is why I recommended a USB one for the OP and he is very happy with that if you read through all his posts.

No expert whatseover, but if the USB works though I've no idea why couldn't the concept Mr. Whoopee describes be applied somehow instead....?

Arcadian, Apr 26, 2016
  13. Microphone still unable to pick up sound from Dragon Speech

Because I believe that the jack point on the side of laptop is out going only like on the TV when you put earphones in that.
    Also with USB it is set up different and has different drivers and the sound card works different, it also gives a crisper, clearer sound.
    I at one time brought a 2 pin to 1 pin jack plug put earphone in and mike and nearly blew laptop up, took out mike and put 2 earphones in and no trouble at all.
    The very very old laptop used to have an in and out but when they came with built in webcam the mike in is 3 little holes either side of that.
    To use them and make yourself understood you have to be right on top of them.
    That is why I recommended a USB mike as it is a lot clearer.

14. Arcadian Win User
    Thanks got it all a bit more clearly I think. So next step is to try to record from the laptop's speakers a few minutes of a Swedish film using just the mike with the USB , however never having done it before no idea how to turn the volume on....! *Redface

Arcadian, Apr 26, 2016
  15. Are you getting any sound out of laptop speakers at mo if not make sure that there is nothing in the jack app on side of laptop, as I use headphones and mike built in via USB

Thema:

1. Microphone still unable to pick up sound from Dragon Speech - Similar Threads - Microphone still unable

2. Microphone picking up headphones sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone picking up headphones sounds: My microphone keeps picking up audio from my headphones i tried everything, going to control panel then sound and those things and tried to downgrade the version of my drivers nothing works i sat here for like 2 hours trying to look up tutorials on youtube and nothing works....
  3. Microphone picking up headphones sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone picking up headphones sounds: My microphone keeps picking up audio from my headphones i tried everything, going to control panel then sound and those things and tried to downgrade the version of my drivers nothing works i sat here for like 2 hours trying to look up tutorials on youtube and nothing works....
  4. My microphone picks up no sound!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My microphone picks up no sound!: To top it off when I right click the volume in the taskbar there is no recording devices present. My microphone is part of a web-cam or a blue-tooth headphone with microphone, I have two recording devices....
  5. microphone picking up speaker's sound.

microphone picking up speaker's sound.: How do I stop my microphone from picking up my speaker's sounds? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-picking-up-speakers-sound/ff8e2c05-6af0-4b7f-80a4-bb32b73bb741
  6. Microphone not picking up speech, both with microphone array and earphones

Microphone not picking up speech, both with microphone array and earphones: Hi, I have a HP Envy, running on Windows 10, with an inbuilt Intel Smart Sound Technology mic array. My microphone cut out towards the end of a Zoom call, and now refuses to pick up input when I am talking. The microphone volume is set at 100%, and the troubleshooter...
  7. Microphone unable to pick up any sound on settings

Microphone unable to pick up any sound on settings: Hi, Today I was playing around with Audacity and enabled stereo mix for the first time in ages to record some audio from my XPS 13. After doing this, my microphone started playing up and people were unable to hear me on discord and facebook messenger calls. I had a look at...
  8. Microphone detected but not picking up sound

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone detected but not picking up sound: My microphone and stereo's stopped working after a bunch of driver updates on my earlier windows install. I figured that hey, since I need to fresh install anyway again, I won't bother digging deeper into what could've caused it and just plain simply reinstalled windows. Now...
  9. Microphone picking up sound from headphones.

Microphone picking up sound from headphones.: I have checked on discord and windows voice recorder. My microphone seems to be picking up sound from games and Youtube. I have tried with different headphones and used a different headphone splitter. So I've narrowed it down to problems with the software. I am using Realtek...
  10. Microphone picks up output sound

Microphone picks up output sound: For some reason, my headphone microphone keeps picking up the sound played through my computer. So, for example, when I'm watching a YouTube video while in a Discord call, everyone in the call will be able to hear the audio from the video. I've got no idea why this is...