Windows 10: Microphone stop working probably is blocked by svchost.exe

Discus and support Microphone stop working probably is blocked by svchost.exe in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently any microphone i connect to my windows 10 is not working. on other PC are fine. I check if Apps are allows to use it and they are. In sounds... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Alorbla, Sep 30, 2020.

1. Alorbla Win User

Microphone stop working probably is blocked by svchost.exe

Recently any microphone i connect to my windows 10 is not working. on other PC are fine. I check if Apps are allows to use it and they are. In sounds settings i can see my microphone but waves are not moving when i am speaking. It is half green static bar. When i allow to listen to this device i cannot hear anything. I tried to reinstall drivers and it didnt helped. I realize thah from this problem 1 app is constatly using my mic - svchost.exe so i assume than some process use it and blocked it. I tried multiple mics and all are the same problem. I tried reset the Windows Audio service and then rundll32.exe was using my mic too after reseting my pc again it dissapear and only svchost.exe was it using again but mic still didnt work properly. Please do anyone know where is the problem and how to solve it? Thanks a lot

:)

Alorbla, Sep 30, 2020

2. Microphone suddenly stopped working

My microphone is still not working. I even checked the BIOS as someone had suggested but there is no listing for the microphone in there.

JonStoffelsen, Sep 30, 2020
  3. harrymc Win User
    built-in microphone not working for netbook et4007ew digma citi e401

The problem is probably that Windows keeps on updating your microphone driver,
    to the wrong version.

I would suggest to reset Windows to a working state, where the microphone
    works, then block driver updates to that device so it will keep on working
    correctly.

For the procedure to follow, see
    this answer
    of mine (do not follow the accepted answer on that post, since it is only
    a temporary solution).

I would also suggest to backup the working microphone driver in
    so that it could be reinstalled later on at need.
    For a list of tools and their discussion, see the article
    Best Free Windows Driver Backup and Restore.
    After backup, test the restore to ensure that it works correctly.

harrymc, Sep 30, 2020
  4. Aceman.au Win User

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Microphone stop working probably is blocked by svchost.exe - Similar Threads - Microphone stop working

2. Error .exe stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error .exe stopped working: Hello, I have programmed an executable in fortran and when I run it I get the error .exe it stopped working. It's not the first executable I've done and so far it's worked well for me. Nor do I think it is a matter of the capacity of the computer since I have looked at the...
  3. Error .exe stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error .exe stopped working: Hello, I have programmed an executable in fortran and when I run it I get the error .exe it stopped working. It's not the first executable I've done and so far it's worked well for me. Nor do I think it is a matter of the capacity of the computer since I have looked at the...
  4. Error .exe stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Svchost blocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Svchost blocked: Hey i am Evan I am having problem in my computer When i go to ms-store > download and updates > then when i click get updates then ms store lags and a message come from my antivirus svchost.exe blocked . And in my pc i can't update my apps like minecraft , roblox . Please...
  6. hl2.exe stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hl2.exe stopped working: Hello guys when i want to inject the dll to the game. the log popup crash and wont inject. the dll work on 32 bit system but wont work on 64 idk why. here some information: hl2.exe Summary Stopped working Date ‎8/‎19/‎2020 4:07 AM Status Report sent...
  7. rundll32 and svchost using microphone periodically

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    rundll32 and svchost using microphone periodically: Ever since I built my computer MSI B360M Mortar mobo, I've noticed that rundll32 and svchost used my microphone from time to time 1-3 day intervals. I'm sure I haven't downloaded any malware, and when I go to the file location, it brings me to system32, so it wouldn't be a...
  8. Svchost blocked

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Svchost blocked: When I open mozilla firefox, windows defender blocks svchost.exe from accessing secured folder %userprofile%/Videos Can anyone help me out with this one and tell me why is this happening? submitted by /u/Dalrew [link] [comments]...
  9. Microphone is used by svchost

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone is used by svchost: [ATTACH] Whenever i try to use my microphone it gets taken over by svchost.exe and it doesn't allow me to use it i can't make a video call with sound, record, etc...
  10. Exe blocked.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Exe blocked.: Hello, I am operating on Microsoft office 2010 but would like to upgrade to Microsoft professional plus office 2013. Unfortunately whenever I try to install I get a message by Windows defender "Unauthorized changes are blocked". What can I do in order to be authorized?...