Windows 10: Microphone stopped working after latest Windows update

Discus and support Microphone stopped working after latest Windows update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been unable to join Teams and Zoom calls as my internal microphone stopped working after the April 13 Windows update. I've checked to ensure that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by C_124, Apr 20, 2021.

1. C_124 Win User

Microphone stopped working after latest Windows update

I've been unable to join Teams and Zoom calls as my internal microphone stopped working after the April 13 Windows update. I've checked to ensure that my drivers are up to date and everything else is fine. Seems like others are having the same issue. I'm using a Lenovo ideapad 330S

:)

C_124, Apr 20, 2021
  2. Aceman.au Win User

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Apr 20, 2021
  3. Microphone not working

The microphone on my laptop stopped working. I have done a lot of trouble shooting without success. Before I conclude that it is a hardware problem, can I ask if there is anything else I should do.

My System:
    • ASUS S500CA laptop
    • Windows 10 Home X64 version 1909
    • VIA HD Audio - (for speakers and microphone)

Here's what happened:
    • The microphone was working perfectly (on Skype).
    • The next day it didn't work on a Skype call

Here's is a brief summary of what I have done:
    • The only thing that changed between these two Skype calls were a couple of Windows updates
    • I tried to remove all the recent Windows updates - didn't fix it
    • One update (4577670) couldn't be uninstalled so I restored the system to a date prior to the successful SKYPE - didn't work
    • I ran the Win trouble shooter - it reported no problem
    • I tried to update the sound/microphone driver - reported that I had the best driver
    • Checked the driver version (Provider - Microsoft, Date - 2019-03-18, Version, 10.0.18362.1)
    • Checked driver details (Report- No driver files are required or have been loaded for this device)
    • Updated to the latest Win 10 version (20H2) - didn't help
    • The speakers are working correctly.
    • I tried all of the above with the internal microphone as well as an external microphone (I tested all microphone alternatives in the setup - headset, external other)
    Is there anything else that I should try before giving up?

dsscottage, Apr 20, 2021
  4. Microphone stopped working after latest Windows update

Microphone suddenly stopped working

My microphone is still not working. I even checked the BIOS as someone had suggested but there is no listing for the microphone in there.

JonStoffelsen, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

Microphone stopped working after latest Windows update

1. Microphone stopped working after latest Windows update - Similar Threads - Microphone stopped working

2. Bluetooth stop working after latest updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth stop working after latest updates: BT device reinstalled throw BT manager. Latest drivers founded and reinstalled. Nothing work!MSI GF66 Katana. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-stop-working-after-latest-updates/a11d57d4-b4e6-477d-9f7d-576b043e4fef
  3. Camera stopped working after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera stopped working after latest update: I have a surface X and all the sudden, face login and camera is not working, may have been a recent update but not certain.Have uninstalled and reinstalled all devices under camera, but it has not helped.Any ideas?TIA!...
  4. Microphone stopped working after windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone stopped working after windows update: After I updated windows and cleaned my PC, my mic suddenly stopped working. I uninstalled the windows update and the mic still isn't working I checked if I was using a different microphone but it was the correct one, I uninstalled Realtek and installed it again from the ASUS...
  5. Microphone stopped working after Windows Update

Microphone stopped working after Windows Update: Hello. I'm currently having a trouble with my Microphone, which has been working fine before. I also noticed that after I update my Windows I see two audio drivers on drivers manager, which I assume is the cause of my microphone not working. I managed to get my microphone...
  6. Microphone not working after latest update

Microphone not working after latest update: Hi, My internal microphone is no longer working after the latest update my computer updated four days ago, before then it was working. For some reason, I cannot uninstall those updates, despite them breaking the microphone. I've tried everything from resetting Services to...
  7. Razer Kraken microphone stopped working after latest windows 10 Update

Razer Kraken microphone stopped working after latest windows 10 Update: I can no longer use the microphone and earphones of my Razer Kraken X at the same time. Either I set the Realtek HD Audio to stereo and the microphone is enabled but there is no sound in the earphones or I set Realtek HD to 7.1 surround and can hear through the earphones but...
  8. After updating Windows to latest version my microphone stopped working

After updating Windows to latest version my microphone stopped working: I updated Windows to latest version and my microphone stopped working as it was. I use Discord to play with my friends and strange fact was that they could hear sounds comming from my pc ex. music from Tidal, Youtube or system sounds. I updated all possible drivers and I...
  9. audio stopped working after latest windows update

audio stopped working after latest windows update: So a while back, I had an audio issue on my computer where my earphones were recognised as speakers conexant smartaudio hd and I couldn't hear any sound from my laptop speakers at all, but I could hear it from my earphones. I was able to trace the driver back from my laptop...
  10. Microphone not working after latest Windows 10 update

Microphone not working after latest Windows 10 update: Microphone not working after latest Windows 10 update- I've checked the microphone box, enabled the box, run troubleshooter after troubleshooter, run diagnostics, open and checked Settings, enabled and checked it all in Settings, Tested, tried Cortana, which can't hear me...