Windows 10: Microphone stopped working after Realtek update

Discus and support Microphone stopped working after Realtek update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, my Turtle Beach X12 microphone has stopped working after the latest Realtek update.My sound works perfectly but it claims that the microphone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KyroRB, Aug 3, 2021.

1. KyroRB Win User

Microphone stopped working after Realtek update

Hi all, my Turtle Beach X12 microphone has stopped working after the latest Realtek update.My sound works perfectly but it claims that the microphone is not plugged in.Specs:i5-10500T16GB RAMUHD 630Any fixes?Thanks, kyro.

:)

KyroRB, Aug 3, 2021
  2. Aceman.au Win User

Sennheiser GSP 350. Microphone stops working when I open any game

Wow, ok. I think I've fixed it by accident while fiddling around.

It appears to be the Realtek audio being the issue here. I don't use my onboard sound card as my headset is a USB headset only and my speakers are plugged into an ASUS sound card.

Step by step fix:
    • I went into recording devices
    • I enabled STEREO MIX (Realtek High Definition Audio)
    • Then I set that Stereo Mix as the DEFAULT DEVICE (At this point it took over both input and output devices without my permission )
    • Then set my Sennheiser headset as default recording and playback devices in their respective windows even though they both still said they were the default devices when they weren't
    Headset microphone is currently functioning while in game now. I'll update the thread if it goes again. Should I completely disable Realtek audio??? Or will windows just force it to work again?

Aceman.au, Aug 3, 2021
  3. K EOhrn Win User
    Realtek Microphone Array Stopped Today -- Windows Update

Hi:

Windows update today delivered 5 Realtek updates. The built-in microphone array has stopped working.

My machine is an Intel NUC8i3BEH.

Sound out is working through two outlets. The PC can get sound from the mic on my Bluetooth headset.

The built-in microphone array does not work in 3 sound-related apps, all of which get sound from the BT headphone mic.

Windows troubleshooter finds nothing.

I have downloaded and installed the Realtek Audio driver from Intel's web site (6.0.8716.1). No change.

There is no way to uninstall the Realtek updates delivered today by Windows Update.

K EOhrn, Aug 3, 2021
  4. Microphone stopped working after Realtek update

Microphone suddenly stopped working

My microphone is still not working. I even checked the BIOS as someone had suggested but there is no listing for the microphone in there.

JonStoffelsen, Aug 3, 2021
Thema:

Microphone stopped working after Realtek update

1. Microphone stopped working after Realtek update - Similar Threads - Microphone stopped working

2. Realtek microphone not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek microphone not working: Hi, my Realtek microphone isn't working. my headset microphone work on another device, but not on my pc. When I unplug my headset microphone cablemy headset is with 2 cables one for audio one for microphone, it shows that realtek microphone isnt plugged and when i plug my...
  3. Realtek microphone not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek microphone not working: Hi, my Realtek microphone isn't working. my headset microphone work on another device, but not on my pc. When I unplug my headset microphone cablemy headset is with 2 cables one for audio one for microphone, it shows that realtek microphone isnt plugged and when i plug my...
  4. Built-in Realtek microphone suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Built-in Realtek microphone suddenly stopped working: Out of nowhere, I just noticed the built-in microphone suddenly stopped working. In control panel, I didn't find any issues. Mic is active and turned on.How to fix it? I'm on Windows 10 on a Lenovo Thinkbook....
  5. Built-in Realtek microphone suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Built-in Realtek microphone suddenly stopped working: Out of nowhere, I just noticed the built-in microphone suddenly stopped working. In control panel, I didn't find any issues. Mic is active and turned on.How to fix it? I'm on Windows 10 on a Lenovo Thinkbook....
  6. Built-in Realtek microphone suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Microphone stopped working after windows update

Microphone stopped working after windows update: After I updated windows and cleaned my PC, my mic suddenly stopped working. I uninstalled the windows update and the mic still isn't working I checked if I was using a different microphone but it was the correct one, I uninstalled Realtek and installed it again from the ASUS...
  8. Microphone stopped working after Windows Update

Microphone stopped working after Windows Update: Hello. I'm currently having a trouble with my Microphone, which has been working fine before. I also noticed that after I update my Windows I see two audio drivers on drivers manager, which I assume is the cause of my microphone not working. I managed to get my microphone...
  9. H4n microphone stopped working after update.

H4n microphone stopped working after update.: Hi. I have a h4n microphone plugged in with usb cable that used to work fine until the most recent windows update. I can see the bars moving on the microphone itself so the hardware is not the issue. Windows recognizes the mic but it has no input at all, not even on the test...
  10. Realtek Microphone not working.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek Microphone not working.: Yesterday while I was playing with some of my lads my mic just stopped working outta nowhere. I installed some new drivers, tried using another headphone jack, changed setting but nothing worked. But then in the middle of the night it started working again, so I thought I'd...