Windows 10: Microphone stopped working after upgrading to Windows 11

Discus and support Microphone stopped working after upgrading to Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,As stated in the title, my microphone on my headset stopped working after I updated my computer to Windows 11. When I first plugged it into my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KolbyBersch, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Microphone stopped working after upgrading to Windows 11

Hello,As stated in the title, my microphone on my headset stopped working after I updated my computer to Windows 11. When I first plugged it into my 3.5mm headset jack, nothing was detected. I found online that I could make my sound driver be the Realtek High Definition Audio Device driver, which did enable output through the headset. However, now Windows will only recognize my headset as headphones and will not detect that there is a microphone as well. What can I do to fix this? Thanks,Kolby

:)

KolbyBersch, Oct 24, 2021
Thema:

Microphone stopped working after upgrading to Windows 11

1. Microphone stopped working after upgrading to Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Microphone stopped working

2. Microphone stopped working after upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone stopped working after upgrading to Windows 11: Hello,As stated in the title, my microphone on my headset stopped working after I updated my computer to Windows 11. When I first plugged it into my 3.5mm headset jack, nothing was detected. I found online that I could make my sound driver be the Realtek High Definition Audio...
  3. Ethernet suddenly stops working completelly after upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet suddenly stops working completelly after upgrading to Windows 11: I tried upgrading to Windows 11 on my desktop, but when I do, my ethernet completelly stops working. I have tried everything, restarting the PC, restarting the router, taking the cable out n in, troubleshooters in Windows, network reset, disabling/uninstalling network devices...
  4. Ethernet suddenly stops working completelly after upgrading to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet suddenly stops working completelly after upgrading to Windows 11: I tried upgrading to Windows 11 on my desktop, but when I do, my ethernet completelly stops working. I have tried everything, restarting the PC, restarting the router, taking the cable out n in, troubleshooters in Windows, network reset, disabling/uninstalling network devices...
  5. Microphone stopped working after windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone stopped working after windows update: After I updated windows and cleaned my PC, my mic suddenly stopped working. I uninstalled the windows update and the mic still isn't working I checked if I was using a different microphone but it was the correct one, I uninstalled Realtek and installed it again from the ASUS...
  6. Microphone stopped working after Windows Update

Microphone stopped working after Windows Update: Hello. I'm currently having a trouble with my Microphone, which has been working fine before. I also noticed that after I update my Windows I see two audio drivers on drivers manager, which I assume is the cause of my microphone not working. I managed to get my microphone...
  7. The Webcam and the microphone stopped working after upgrading to Windows 10

The Webcam and the microphone stopped working after upgrading to Windows 10: Hello ! I'm using the Sony computer, model VPCEH2DFX with the built-in Sony Visual Communication Camera and built-in microphone. After upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7, my camera and microphone no longer works. I reinstalled the drivers, check if anything is using...
  8. Microphone stops working after a while

Microphone stops working after a while: In the past 2-3 days, my microphone has been glitching a bit. It works fine for ~10 minutes after I reboot my PC and then it stops receiving audio signal. It seems to get a tiny bit of audio activity, but too little for me to even hear. I've tried changing my default mic,...
  9. The installed microphone stopped working after the Windows 10 upgrade

in Cortana
    The installed microphone stopped working after the Windows 10 upgrade: After Windows 10 upgrade, the microphone stopped working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-installed-microphone-stopped-working-after-the/28c90aed-13e7-46df-b6b0-9630eba97052"
  10. Camera and Microphone not working after upgrade

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Camera and Microphone not working after upgrade: [ATTACH][ATTACH]i can't use Camera and Micro after updating the newest edition of Windows. let's help me!!! *Original title: Camera and Micro don't act*...