Windows 10: Microphone stopped working in Skype and in Cortana on my Surface Pro 5th Gen

Discus and support Microphone stopped working in Skype and in Cortana on my Surface Pro 5th Gen in Cortana to solve the problem; The microphone works fine in Recordings Windows Store native app and in Zoom, but it doesn't work in Skype and Cortana. When I used it for the last... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by przegracz, Aug 3, 2020.

1. przegracz Win User

Microphone stopped working in Skype and in Cortana on my Surface Pro 5th Gen

The microphone works fine in Recordings Windows Store native app and in Zoom, but it doesn't work in Skype and Cortana. When I used it for the last time, in the end of June, it worked fine in Skype. When I opened Skype yesterday, it asked me to login and the microphone didn't work. Cortana doesn't hear me either.

My Surface Pro 5th Gen has a fully updated Windows 10 Pro 1909.

:)

przegracz, Aug 3, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

New Surface Pro (5th Gen) Drivers and Firmware for Windows 10 - Aug. 1

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

Download:

Brink, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Pit Zh Win User
    surface pro 4 cortana and skype - microphone problem, google chrome web - microphone is OK

Hello, I have Surface Pro 4 . After update win 1803 and set up privacy access of microphone to all apps. Here are the results:

• surface pro 4 cortana - can not hear me at all.
    • skype - microphone not work at all also.
    • microsoft microphone app - record my voice and microphone work perfectly.
    • Voice - microphone work perfectly
    • Google Hangouts - microphone work perfectly

Can you help me, please?

My sound and camera work without any problems.

Can you upload image with device manager drivers of microphone to compare with mine?

The most strange thing is device manager drivers.

Please, take a look attachment image

Microphone stopped working in Skype and in Cortana on my Surface Pro 5th Gen 6c763946-b9d4-4699-9070-701ca5cd1f68?upload=true.png

Some dude tell me that I need to deactivate fast start-up.

1. Go to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\System Settings
    2. Click on Change settings that are currently unavailable
    3. Uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended)
    4. Restart your computer

#cortana

#surface

#SurfacePro4

#windows 10 1803 microphone not working

Moved from: Surface Pro 4 / Sound and camera

Moved from: Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

Pit Zh, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

New Surface Pro (5th Gen) Drivers and Firmware for Windows 10 - Aug. 1

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...update-history

Download:

Brink, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Microphone stopped working in Skype and in Cortana on my Surface Pro 5th Gen - Similar Threads - Microphone stopped working

2. Slow WIFI on Surface Pro 5th Gen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow WIFI on Surface Pro 5th Gen: My wifi is extremely slow compared to my cell phone. Phone gets 400 mbps with speedtest.net, Surface Pro gets less than 100 mbps. I went through all the Microsoft recommendation with no change. I went looking for a new driver from Marvell and found none. My current...
  3. Recovery Issue - Surface pro 5th Gen 1796

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Recovery Issue - Surface pro 5th Gen 1796: HI Guys, Well my Microsoft Surface Pro 5th Gen has crashed, Windows cant be accessed, Whenever I turn it on the windows automatically takes me Surface UEFI screen where I try to boot it but it doesn't anything and restarts to the same screen. As per my IT guy the recovery is...
  4. Cannot Connect Surface Pro 5th gen to the Internet after 2004 Update

Cannot Connect Surface Pro 5th gen to the Internet after 2004 Update: If I update my Surface pro 5th Generation to Windows 10 2004, it can connect to networks but there is no access to the internet. The device is fully updated before the feature update. The problem exists through wi-fi and using a USB ethernet adapter. I originally had the...
  5. My USB is not working since last update on my Surface Pro 5th gen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My USB is not working since last update on my Surface Pro 5th gen: This morning my wireless mouse would not work, I checked for updates, there was one but after the update, the USB would still not work. I further tested with other devices - with 3 flash drives and 1 external hard drive and its the same situation. I updated my USB drivers...
  6. Surface Pro (5th Gen) stuck on Surface logo at boot

Surface Pro (5th Gen) stuck on Surface logo at boot: Hi All, My Surface Pro is stuck at the Surface logo when booting. This happened after the latest Windows update and appears to be a driver issue. After about 15 - 20 seconds it reboots back to the logo and repeats until the battery dies. I've tried recovery with the...
  7. SIM PIN2 to unlock mobile broadband device on my surface pro 5th gen

SIM PIN2 to unlock mobile broadband device on my surface pro 5th gen: Hello, I was using my surface pro 5th gen with LTE and it worked perfectly for a month and then all of a sudden the surface stopped connecting to the LTE, it actually identifies the network name and strength but it won't connect to it. After running the troubleshooter, it...
  8. Surface Pro (5th gen), windows 10 and wonky Wifi

Surface Pro (5th gen), windows 10 and wonky Wifi: If I am using Wifi and close my Surface Pro and reopen it; I will still be connected to the same wifi network but it does not work. I have to disconnect and reconnect every time. This is not a huge deal but this also happens if my Pro does to sleep or the screen turns off. So...
  9. surface pro 4 cortana and skype - microphone problem, google chrome web - microphone is OK

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    surface pro 4 cortana and skype - microphone problem, google chrome web - microphone is OK: Hello, I have Surface Pro 4 . After update win 1803 and set up privacy access of microphone to all apps. Here are the results: surface pro 4 cortana - can not hear me at all. skype - microphone not work at all also. microsoft microphone app - record my voice and microphone...
  10. surface pro 4 cortana and skype - microphone problem, google chrome web - microphone is OK

surface pro 4 cortana and skype - microphone problem, google chrome web - microphone is OK: Hello, I have Surface Pro 4 . After update win 1803 and set up privacy access of microphone to all apps. Here are the results: surface pro 4 cortana - can not hear me at all. skype - microphone not work at all also. microsoft microphone app - record my voice and microphone...