Windows 10: Microphone stopped working randomly, not picking voice, only outputting static

Discus and support Microphone stopped working randomly, not picking voice, only outputting static in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I really really need help on this A week or two ago my microphone randomly stopped working. I'm not sure if this is caused by the update or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by wingtrans, Sep 9, 2018.

1. wingtrans Win User

Microphone stopped working randomly, not picking voice, only outputting static

Hello. I really really need help on this

A week or two ago my microphone randomly stopped working. I'm not sure if this is caused by the update or not. I know it is not the microphone because I thought the microphone itself died so I went and got a new one. Turns out it still doesn't work. I tried using voice recording, and all I hear is static. When i speak, the green bar in the recorder sound tab doesn't go up. I have tried everything like drivers, recovery, even resetting my pc... nothing worked. Please help me, it's getting really time consuming and frustrating

:)

wingtrans, Sep 9, 2018
  2. John_hoang03 Win User

Microphone producing constant static!

Hey, I have a PC Windows 10, 64 bit which I recently got about a month or two ago. I have a headset which has a microphone that was working perfectly fine a few days or a week ago. Suddenly, the mic stops working and starts producing an obnoxious static
    sound which is constant.

It doesn't detect my voice or anything other than the constant static. The Microphone listed in Sound, then recording is 'Realtek High Definition Audio'. Please help! I've tried everything to fix the problem but it's not working!!!!

I've tried to uninstall and update the Realtek driver for it. I tried to reinstall the Microphone through Device Manager. I've tried to troubleshoot the Mic by troubleshooting the Recording Audio in 'Hardware and Sound' but it doesn't troubleshoot the static!!!

Please HELP!

John_hoang03, Sep 9, 2018
  3. makesense Win User
    Windows 10 No microphone will work

Sorry about the long response time. Work sucks sometime.

I tried both a headset microphone and the usb microphone on another Windows 10 computer. It did not pick up any microphone signal and was showing the same emulated sound output as I noted before.

That is what is really bothering me. Both computers detect the microphones, yet output is being directed to them as well as any plugged in speaker/headphone.

makesense, Sep 9, 2018
  4. XxSuperJAZZxX Win User

mic not picking up my voice

oh boy

ok so im on windows 10 and im having issues with my microphone now. so my built-in laptop mic is not working atm. every time i try to record my voice, all i hear is static or light
    faint taps. it isnt picking up my voice but its picking up output audio. i tried updating the drives, tried setting up a mic, but when testing it, it wont pick up anything. and went to audio drives (see below):

Microphone stopped working randomly, not picking voice, only outputting static 852d5853-4ccb-419e-a7dc-54c0a15507fc?upload=true.png

but nothing is working at all. i checked if the device was disabled but its not. i havent had this problom before btw.

if ANYONE can help me its appreciated!!

cheers in advance!

XxSuperJAZZxX, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Microphone stopped working randomly, not picking voice, only outputting static - Similar Threads - Microphone stopped working

2. My microphone is picking up my computer's output sound, no idea how to fix it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My microphone is picking up my computer's output sound, no idea how to fix it: For the past month or so after a windows 10 update my headset microphone on my computer now also picks up output sounds that it defintely shouldnt be (even when i mute my mic with the little control on the headphone cord it does it, so its not me having my headphones too...
  3. Microphone stopped working out of nowhere

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone stopped working out of nowhere: So I just got on my laptop and realized that my microphone wasn't working. I tried getting the compatible drivers on Realtek's website but it still wouldnt work. the speaker works perfectly fine, it's just my microphone. I have an Acer Swift 3 i8250u if that helps. Here is...
  4. microphone worked for months but now cannot pick up my voice.

microphone worked for months but now cannot pick up my voice.: microphone worked for months but now cannot pick up my voice. Senhheiser MK-4, it's been perfectly fine has all the drivers but today when I set it up with the audio interface it refuses to pick up my voice, did I do something? Also YES I checked the volume levels, I even...
  5. mic not picking up my voice

mic not picking up my voice: oh boy ok so im on windows 10 and im having issues with my microphone now. so my built-in laptop mic is not working atm. every time i try to record my voice, all i hear is static or light faint taps. it isnt picking up my voice but its picking up output audio. i tried...
  6. Microphone suddenly stopped working

Microphone suddenly stopped working: Hello, My headset microphone suddenly stopped working two days ago and I have tried so many things to fix this problem and nothing has worked so far. The microphone is working fine as I have tried it on another computer and it worked perfectly. The issue seems to be driver...
  7. Microphone Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone Stopped Working: Out of nowhere my microphone stopped working on Windows 10. It was working without any problems, and then, it stopped. i didn't restarted the pc nor installed anything. Windows can recognize it, but no app will record the audio from it, and even the sound tab from Windows. It...
  8. Labtop speakers and headphones not working(microphone output does)

Labtop speakers and headphones not working(microphone output does): Hello everyone I upgraded to windows 10 yesterday and now i don't have any sound left. My internal labtop speakers don't get recognized and so are my headphones. i have a microphone(blue yeti) wich chan be used as a output, and it is the only one that works. I cheked the...
  9. only static sound in audio output

only static sound in audio output: goodday, I own a homebuilt PC with a Sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 Motherboard. I've bought this one from a friend of mine and did a clean install of windows 10 64 bit before I bought it. after installing the pc everything works perfectly except the audio. when I plug in...
  10. Microphone stopped working

Microphone stopped working: So I have had this microphone since August 2015, and it has now stopped working? The Microphone is a Frisby FMC-220 Any ideas? I mainly bought this mic to use Cortana. 25741