Windows 10: Microphone stopped working randomly, not picking voice, only outputting static

Discus and support Microphone stopped working randomly, not picking voice, only outputting static in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello. I really really need help on this A week or two ago my microphone randomly stopped working. I'm not sure if this is caused by the update or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by wingtrans, Sep 9, 2018.

1. wingtrans Win User

Microphone stopped working randomly, not picking voice, only outputting static

Hello. I really really need help on this

A week or two ago my microphone randomly stopped working. I'm not sure if this is caused by the update or not. I know it is not the microphone because I thought the microphone itself died so I went and got a new one. Turns out it still doesn't work. I tried using voice recording, and all I hear is static. When i speak, the green bar in the recorder sound tab doesn't go up. I have tried everything like drivers, recovery, even resetting my pc... nothing worked. Please help me, it's getting really time consuming and frustrating

:)

wingtrans, Sep 9, 2018

2. Microphone producing constant static!

Hey, I have a PC Windows 10, 64 bit which I recently got about a month or two ago. I have a headset which has a microphone that was working perfectly fine a few days or a week ago. Suddenly, the mic stops working and starts producing an obnoxious static
    sound which is constant.

It doesn't detect my voice or anything other than the constant static. The Microphone listed in Sound, then recording is 'Realtek High Definition Audio'. Please help! I've tried everything to fix the problem but it's not working!!!!

I've tried to uninstall and update the Realtek driver for it. I tried to reinstall the Microphone through Device Manager. I've tried to troubleshoot the Mic by troubleshooting the Recording Audio in 'Hardware and Sound' but it doesn't troubleshoot the static!!!

Please HELP!

John_hoang03, Sep 9, 2018
  3. makesense Win User
    Windows 10 No microphone will work

Sorry about the long response time. Work sucks sometime.

I tried both a headset microphone and the usb microphone on another Windows 10 computer. It did not pick up any microphone signal and was showing the same emulated sound output as I noted before.

That is what is really bothering me. Both computers detect the microphones, yet output is being directed to them as well as any plugged in speaker/headphone.

makesense, Sep 9, 2018
  4. Microphone stopped working randomly, not picking voice, only outputting static

mic not picking up my voice

oh boy

ok so im on windows 10 and im having issues with my microphone now. so my built-in laptop mic is not working atm. every time i try to record my voice, all i hear is static or light
    faint taps. it isnt picking up my voice but its picking up output audio. i tried updating the drives, tried setting up a mic, but when testing it, it wont pick up anything. and went to audio drives (see below):

Microphone stopped working randomly, not picking voice, only outputting static 852d5853-4ccb-419e-a7dc-54c0a15507fc?upload=true.png

but nothing is working at all. i checked if the device was disabled but its not. i havent had this problom before btw.

if ANYONE can help me its appreciated!!

cheers in advance!

XxSuperJAZZxX, Sep 9, 2018
Thema:

Microphone stopped working randomly, not picking voice, only outputting static

1. Microphone stopped working randomly, not picking voice, only outputting static - Similar Threads - Microphone stopped working

2. Microphone only picking up game sounds, and barely picks up my voice.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone only picking up game sounds, and barely picks up my voice.: I recently bought a new pair of headphones, because my old pair was doing the same thing, so I thought it was an issue with old headphones, but apparently not.Can't seem to figure out why. If I get on a call on Discord or something, the microphone picks up my voice just fine,...
  3. Microphone does not pick up voice, only computer audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone does not pick up voice, only computer audio: This issue has persisted for a long time and all fixes i've tried have not worked, here is what ive tried to do to fix the issue:1. updated drivers2. replaced the audio jack in my computer3. swapped headphones after ensuring both work on other devices4. checked privacy...
  4. Microphone does not pick up voice, only computer audio

Microphone does not pick up voice, only computer audio: This issue has persisted for a long time and all fixes i've tried have not worked, here is what ive tried to do to fix the issue:1. updated drivers2. replaced the audio jack in my computer3. swapped headphones after ensuring both work on other devices4. checked privacy...
  5. My headset's microphone is not picking up my voice, only the output.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My headset's microphone is not picking up my voice, only the output.: I bought a HyperX Cloud Stinger headset, when I tried to use the microphone it didn't work. When I tested Discord I could only hear the audio of a video I was watching, and as I knew what the problem was, I searched in forums and Youtube a way to fix it, but those solutions...
  6. My headset's microphone is not picking up my voice, only the output.

My headset's microphone is not picking up my voice, only the output.: I bought a HyperX Cloud Stinger headset, when I tried to use the microphone it didn't work. When I tested Discord I could only hear the audio of a video I was watching, and as I knew what the problem was, I searched in forums and Youtube a way to fix it, but those solutions...
  7. My headset's microphone is not picking up my voice, only the output.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Microphone only picking up static

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone only picking up static: I recently got a new computer and all I have for a mic/headphones is a cheap pair of headphones with an inline mic. I bought an adaptor so I can use my headphones for discord but when I plugged in the adaptor, all my friends can hear is static when I talk. I can also hear the...
  9. Microphone exclusively picking up static.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone exclusively picking up static.: I got a new cable for my microphone today, an AUX to XLR cable, (the original cable was a USB to XLR cable but the USB part ended up falling apart so i bought an AUX to XLR instead.) and i tried testing the microphone with Audacity and Discord but both programmed picked up...
  10. Microphone only plays "static", nothing is being picked up anymore

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone only plays "static", nothing is being picked up anymore: I own a Razer D.Va headset, which worked perfectly fine with my old laptop. As I recently got a custom built PC, I figured the only thing I would need to make the transition would be a 3.5mm stereo splitter cable, but to no avail, I just can't make the microphone work. The...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microphone stops randomly

2. microphone only outputting static

3. laptop mic only static

4. windows mic audio randomly stops,
  5. mic only outputting static,
  6. razer kraken randomly started barely picking me up,
  7. microphone outputting static,
  8. mic stopped working randomly,
  9. windows 10 mic randomly stopped working,
  10. mic randomly not working