Windows 10: Microphone stops working when I connect my headphones

Discus and support Microphone stops working when I connect my headphones in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, since a couple of days ago whenever I connect any of my headphones to the jack port my microphone stops working, even though neither of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RodrigoViel Ramírez, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Microphone stops working when I connect my headphones

Hi, since a couple of days ago whenever I connect any of my headphones to the jack port my microphone stops working, even though neither of my headphones has one. I think it might be because of a recent update but I'm not sure.

While on a skype or a zoom meeting I'm able to change the microphone that I want to use, but I can't in any other cases.

I'd appreciate the help!

:)

RodrigoViel Ramírez, Apr 12, 2021
  2. Salvyar Win User

Headphone microphone not working.

no plugged in cable
    Microphone stops working when I connect my headphones [​IMG]

Plugged in cable (in front of pc)

Selected headphone

Selected Mic in

Clicked on cog (its same with Mic in and Headphone)

Wrench (also same with headphone and Mic in)

This is all i know btw when i click headphone it says mic is unplugged and when i do Mic in it says speakers are unplugged and mic is on.

Salvyar, Apr 12, 2021
  3. Headphones microphone is not working properly on Windows 10.

Hello Oscar,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, did you check if similar issue persists on connecting another headphones to the PC?

You may be facing the above issue due to disabling the microphone option on your PC. If the option to use microphone is switched
    Off, your microphone will not be getting detected and eventually will not be able to complete the setup wizard on the PC. The above issue may also occur due to the non-updated headphone drivers installed in the PC.

Method 1: Follow the steps below to check if the option to use microphone is enabled on your PC.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type
      Microphone privacy settings and select the top most search result.

• Check if Let apps use my microphone option is switched to
      On status. If not, slide the bar to On status and check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: Check if similar issue persists on connecting another headphones to the computer. If the headphone works fine on other PC’s,
    update the headphone drivers manually from Device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard select
      Device Manager from the options.

• Expand Audio inputs and outputs option and check if the headphone drivers are visible in the window.

• Right-click on the headphone driver and select
      Update this software option.

• Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the update to complete.

• Close the window after the update is complete and check if the changes are effective.

If the issue persists, download and install the latest and most compatible driver from the device manufacturer’s website and check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 12, 2021
  4. Microphone stops working when I connect my headphones

My headphone's microphone doesn't work

I got a Sony MDR - ZX220BT headphone. With the usege of a bluetooth (esperanza 2.0) i have connected wirelessly my headphones to my pc. Although speakers work , the microphone doesn't. What do you suggest me to do?

KonstantinosKotsopoulos, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

Microphone stops working when I connect my headphones

1. Microphone stops working when I connect my headphones - Similar Threads - Microphone stops working

2. Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.: I am encountering an issue where, upon connecting my headphones, my microphone becomes non-functional. After investigating, I discovered that the microphone on my headphones is not working. I attempted to disable the headphones’ microphone to utilize my laptop’s built-in...
  3. Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.: I am encountering an issue where, upon connecting my headphones, my microphone becomes non-functional. After investigating, I discovered that the microphone on my headphones is not working. I attempted to disable the headphones’ microphone to utilize my laptop’s built-in...
  4. Microphone not working when headphone is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. when connecting my headphones, only the microphone connects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when connecting my headphones, only the microphone connects: whenever i want to connect my bluetooth headphones to my windows 11 laptop, it seems to only connect the microphone of the headphones, this isnt a problem when using my phone.does anyone know how to fix this?...
  6. when connecting my headphones, only the microphone connects

when connecting my headphones, only the microphone connects: whenever i want to connect my bluetooth headphones to my windows 11 laptop, it seems to only connect the microphone of the headphones, this isnt a problem when using my phone.does anyone know how to fix this?...
  7. headphone stopped working when I replugged it.

headphone stopped working when I replugged it.: The headphone icon in the manage audio device didn't show up again after I replugged the headphone.It only works when I restart the system, and the headphone icon showed up in the taskbar, but when I plugged it out and replugged it again it stops showing up and stop working.I...
  8. My laptop microphone stops working when I plug in my headphones with no mic

in Windows 10 Customization
    My laptop microphone stops working when I plug in my headphones with no mic: Hello Microsoft Community,I really hope you can help me with this since I have been trying to figure it out for hours.The Problem: I have a headphone with no mic that I plug into the jack of my laptop. When I do this, my laptop keeps the output and input as Realtek Audio. In...
  9. My computer microphone stops working when I plug in my headphones with No Mic

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer microphone stops working when I plug in my headphones with No Mic: Hello Microsoft Community,I really hope you can help me with this since I have been trying to figure it out for hours.The Problem: I have a headphone with no mic that I plug into the jack of my laptop. When I do this, my computer keeps the output and input as Realtek Audio....
  10. Headphones And Microphone not connecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones And Microphone not connecting: I just bought a gaming headset with a built in mic and the headphones work sometimes, but the microphone will not work at all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-and-microphone-not-connecting/11ea0f07-a0eb-43ac-a400-63d0631651a6