Windows 10: Microphone strongly distorted except from realtek playback

Discus and support Microphone strongly distorted except from realtek playback in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Basically when I try to record my voice all I hear is very strongly distorted sound, no speech is recognizable. I tried updating drivers, all mic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xavortm, Aug 4, 2015.

1. xavortm Win User

Microphone strongly distorted except from realtek playback

Basically when I try to record my voice all I hear is very strongly distorted sound, no speech is recognizable. I tried updating drivers, all mic settings I can think of but with no success.

When I open the Realtek manager and click the icon for playback on my mic settings the audio is crystal clear, and if possible I would like to have this instead of what is actually outputted. I dont know how to set that working
    Microphone strongly distorted except from realtek playback [​IMG]

I clicked to "Listen to this device" and all I hear is VERY distorted sound, no speech is recognizable.

So from what I understand the mic is perfectly fine, the drivers should be fine but the quality that is outputted is terrible. Is there anyway to output what I hear from the playback on realtek?

Im attaching quick screenshot with some more explanation:
    http://imageshack.com/a/img661/8384/lIZQ9x.png

:)

xavortm, Aug 4, 2015
  2. FergyUK Win User

Sound problems after Windows10 update

Hello,

After a Windows 10 update yesterday the audio on my pc has developed a fault. it has slowed and is breaking up (distorting) on audio playback. On video playback it has the slower playback and distortion, also intermittent gaps in sound but video image is
    stable.

Any help with this problem will be appreciated. I'm using Realtek high definition audio.

Thank you.

FergyUK, Aug 4, 2015
  3. Pairing Samsung Level Over with Windows 10

This has been done in the past. The headphones are pairing and playback is good, it's just the microphone that is causing issues now. The microphone detects sound but people have trouble understanding me, it's distorted and echoes, even with all effects
    turned off.

BenjaminRice, Aug 4, 2015
  4. Ragriz Win User

I'm having exactly the same problem! At first it seemed like the mic wasn't working at all, but I then discovered that the sound was hardly being picked up. I increased the microphone boost to +10dB, but the quality is still terrible.

Ragriz, Aug 10, 2015
  5. g3ybo Win User
    Yes I have the same problem with the Mic but Speakers are fine.

If I let Microsoft put their Drivers in all works fine...

Regards

Roger

g3ybo, Aug 10, 2015
  6. VirusTech Win User
    Same problem here.

My microphone is really old and it was doing some distorted sounds until I was moving the cable and it was fine. So when I upgraded to Windows 10 I had a call on Skype and a friend told me it's distorted so as usual I tried to move the microphone cable around until it's fine but that didn't fix. So I basically tried to listen to my mic myself and the distortion wasn't the same. Basically the distortion my friends were hearing by the cable was small and could be fixed while moving the cable but this is just a mess.

I never used Realtek drivers as I hate them and today I saw that Windows had a realtek update via Windows Update itself which I never had before so I assumed that would be a fix or something and I installed. I listened the mic via Realtek playback and it was crystal clear as you say but via recording devices is still distorted. And on Skype they hear me distorted.

Another pathetic bug from Windows 10.

VirusTech, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Microphone strongly distorted except from realtek playback - Similar Threads - Microphone strongly distorted

2. Microphone sounds distorted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone sounds distorted: Hi everyone,I just got a new Alienware laptop with Windows 11 and just can't seem to get the microphones to work properly. I have a Blue Yeti microphone and a few other less good ones. Whenever I try recording anything with them or when I listen to the device, I get really...
  3. Microphone sounds distorted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone sounds distorted: Hi everyone,I just got a new Alienware laptop with Windows 11 and just can't seem to get the microphones to work properly. I have a Blue Yeti microphone and a few other less good ones. Whenever I try recording anything with them or when I listen to the device, I get really...
  4. microphone playback broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    microphone playback broken: I recently purchased a blue yeti nano, and out of the box it worked fine. The issue I am now having is the playback where I can hear a preview of audio the mic is picking up no longer occurs. The most common solution is to turn off the "listen" setting from the recording tab...
  5. Microphone Playback

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Playback: Hello, I am having an issue with my microphone. Whenever it is being used by any application, I can hear my microphone. When it is not being used, for example on the plain desktop, I cannot hear it. Going through sound properties and checking "listen to this device" only...
  6. Realtek Microphone Array sound is distorted/robotic with static

Realtek Microphone Array sound is distorted/robotic with static: This is the first time using microphone. I use google meets and and my coworkers told me the sound was really bad. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/realtek-microphone-array-sound-is-distortedrobotic/07d89468-e031-4c09-8e47-4c22b423089b
  7. Microphone playback

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone playback: After the most recent windows update my microphone playback is stuck to always on. How would I turn it off? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-playback/e02e0458-aeaf-447d-bf8c-f4f5b2510085
  8. Distorted video playback

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Distorted video playback: hello i have a issue with windows 10 (18362.145) video playback platform related to nvidia drivers (gtx 1070). when i uninstall the driver completely, remaining windows basic video adapter, the problem is gone. i tried a lot of nvidia drivers and could not find a solution....
  9. My video playback is distorted

My video playback is distorted: My video playback just became distorted a week or so ago, and nothing I can do repairs it. any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/my-video-playback-is-distorted/970cf17c-a938-49f9-a2fa-e062cce7b1be
  10. REALTEK SOUND DISTORTION ISSUE

REALTEK SOUND DISTORTION ISSUE: To all who read this post, I apologize in advance for abandoning polite manners. However, I am done wasting my good manners on Microsoft; patience and polite approaches are pointless with Microsoft. You are ignored, handed a stale, ineffective "solution", and otherwise left...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I get playback from realtek microphone

2. microphone sound s distorted

3. real tech sound distorted when recording

4. microphone playback garbled,
  5. realtek hd audio manager microphone playback audio is distorted,
  6. realtek mic only working in playback