Windows 10: Microphone suddenly goes nuts

Discus and support Microphone suddenly goes nuts in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I was talking with my friend when my microphone suddenly stopped working. I have unplugged it and plugged in back in and it was fine, then it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LordBloks, Aug 11, 2018.

1. LordBloks Win User

Microphone suddenly goes nuts

I was talking with my friend when my microphone suddenly stopped working. I have unplugged it and plugged in back in and it was fine, then it was extremely quiet and then suddenly began to make loud static/wind noises. I unplugged and blablabla and it worked fine again, and then stopped working. When I blablabla again it continued to make loud static/wind. My microphone is... um.. like, an apple thing-that-you-put-in-your-ears but its cutted in half so theres just the microphone. Don't underestimate it. Can someone help me?

:)

LordBloks, Aug 11, 2018

2. Microphone suddenly stopped working

My microphone is still not working. I even checked the BIOS as someone had suggested but there is no listing for the microphone in there.

JonStoffelsen, Aug 11, 2018
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Microphone Issue

Hi
    Mateviar,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, it is possible that the issue is with the
    hardware
    or the
    device
    itself. However, we need to make sure that is the case. To isolate this matter, we have some questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• Have you tried using the microphone to another PC?

• What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you run the
    Hardware and Device Troubleshooter. To run the
    Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the
      Troubleshooter.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 11, 2018
  4. Microphone suddenly goes nuts

Microphone suddenly stopped working Windows 10

Hi Elliot,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

Method 1: You may run the Hardware troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Click on Start button, type ‘Troubleshooting’ and click
      Troubleshooting under Settings.

• Now type Hardware Troubleshooter in the search option.

• Click on Hardware troubleshooter to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2:

Step 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

a) Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

b) Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

c) Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

d) Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

e) Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

a) Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

b) Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

c) Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Aug 11, 2018
Thema:

Microphone suddenly goes nuts

1. Microphone suddenly goes nuts - Similar Threads - Microphone suddenly goes

2. Audio goes through microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio goes through microphone: Hello, When I am speaking on discord or Whatsapp web, pc sounds goes through microphone clearly. I checked forum and google, there were some people who has same problem. As people suggested to update the driver or other sound settings but it is till same. Can you please help...
  3. Audio goes through microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio goes through microphone: Hello, When I am speaking on discord or Whatsapp web, pc sounds goes through microphone clearly. I checked forum and google, there were some people who has same problem. As people suggested to update the driver or other sound settings but it is till same. Can you please help...
  4. Ethernet Suddenly Goes Bad.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Suddenly Goes Bad.: I have been using Ethernet for a while now and it works great. about 200 uploads and downloads, blah blah blah. But suddenly today I'm only getting around 10. What happened?...
  5. Ethernet Suddenly Goes Bad.

Ethernet Suddenly Goes Bad.: I have been using Ethernet for a while now and it works great. about 200 uploads and downloads, blah blah blah. But suddenly today I'm only getting around 10. What happened?...
  6. Microphone suddenly not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone suddenly not working: Hi.So today I was attending my online classes when my mic wasn't working. I ignored it when I opened discord to play some games with my friends. My mic was still not working. I tried everything changing mic volume in control panel, restarting my pc and reverting to a restore...
  7. Microphone suddenly not working

Microphone suddenly not working: Hi.So today I was attending my online classes when my mic wasn't working. I ignored it when I opened discord to play some games with my friends. My mic was still not working. I tried everything changing mic volume in control panel, restarting my pc and reverting to a restore...
  8. Microphone suddenly not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Suddenly no microphone input.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Suddenly no microphone input.: So a while back I gave a friend of mine an old Turtle Beach headset I had so he had a mic to talk with when he plays with us. It was designed for the Xbox 360 but I had a 2.5mm to 3.5mm cable that I gave him and worked fine for like a month. Randomly one day a couple weeks...
  10. System Drive suddenly going nuts at 100%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System Drive suddenly going nuts at 100%: I assume that might be the indexing service but i took some screenshots [img] [img] Second time [img] 74713