Windows 10: Microphone suddenly stopped working

Discus and support Microphone suddenly stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; All of a sudden my microphone stopped working, it wasnt just my headset, none of my mics were working. I eventually plugged my controller in and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mxnoi, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Mxnoi Win User

Microphone suddenly stopped working

All of a sudden my microphone stopped working, it wasnt just my headset, none of my mics were working. I eventually plugged my controller in and my headset into the controller headphone jack and that was working. However, soon enough it stopped working as well. Pls help im on windows 10.

:)

Mxnoi, Jan 14, 2020

2. Microphone suddenly stopped working

My microphone is still not working. I even checked the BIOS as someone had suggested but there is no listing for the microphone in there.

JonStoffelsen, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Microphone suddenly stopped working Windows 10

Hi Elliot,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

Method 1: You may run the Hardware troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Click on Start button, type ‘Troubleshooting’ and click
      Troubleshooting under Settings.

• Now type Hardware Troubleshooter in the search option.

• Click on Hardware troubleshooter to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2:

Step 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

a) Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

b) Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

c) Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

d) Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

e) Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

a) Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

b) Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

c) Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jan 14, 2020
  4. Microphone suddenly stopped working

Hi,

I have an HP G61 laptop, and I upgraded to Win 10 last weekend, it was working ok other than the fact that it is much slower than Win 7 that I was on before, but today as I was doing a Skype call my microphone stopped working. My son hit the power button
    and when the computer came back on the microphone didn't work. I've tried all your steps that are posted elsewhere and nothing works. I'm not impressed Microsoft, get your stuff working before you release it!!!

JonStoffelsen, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Microphone suddenly stopped working - Similar Threads - Microphone suddenly stopped

2. My microphone suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone suddenly stopped working: While I was using my microphone and everything was working as it should, the microphone stopped working and no matter what setting I looked into and changed, it wouldn't work....
  3. My microphone suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My microphone suddenly stopped working: While I was using my microphone and everything was working as it should, the microphone stopped working and no matter what setting I looked into and changed, it wouldn't work....
  4. Microphone just suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone just suddenly stopped working: Hello there, Im currently using a laptop and a Razer headphones wire at the moment. I was playing some games and I went ahead to configure some settings in game and then my microphone stopped working in game. At first I was confused so I tried fixing it in sound settings. I...
  5. Microphone just suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone just suddenly stopped working: Hello there, Im currently using a laptop and a Razer headphones wire at the moment. I was playing some games and I went ahead to configure some settings in game and then my microphone stopped working in game. At first I was confused so I tried fixing it in sound settings. I...
  6. Headset microphone suddenly stopped working

Headset microphone suddenly stopped working: My current desktop is a Dell Optiplex 3020, I use a Sennheiser GSP 300 headset and have been using it for around 5 months now. I mostly play games where communication is really needed, when suddenly the microphone stopped working, I've tried listening to what the microphone...
  7. My Microphone suddenly stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My Microphone suddenly stopped working: I'm a streamer and yesterday while Streaming my microphone stopped working. I tried plugging it in and unplugging and it didn't work. I ran a Troubleshoot and it said: "Audio services not responding". I tried updating the drivers and a bunch of other stuff and it still didn't...
  8. Microphone suddenly stopped working

Microphone suddenly stopped working: Hello guys, I have a headset that I am using for a long time in both Win10 and Android. As regular, when I plug the headset today i realized mic isn't working. I tried mic in my phone. It is working normally. I controlled all the settings I know. It seems that while I was...
  9. Microphone Suddenly Stopped Working

Microphone Suddenly Stopped Working: Hello, my microphone on my headset suddenly stopped working when I logged onto my computer. My audio is fine but my mic isn't working on my pc. I tried plugging in my headset to my phone and it works fine on there but not on the computer. Both jacks are in their correct ports...
  10. Microphone suddenly stopped working

Microphone suddenly stopped working: Hello, My headset microphone suddenly stopped working two days ago and I have tried so many things to fix this problem and nothing has worked so far. The microphone is working fine as I have tried it on another computer and it worked perfectly. The issue seems to be driver...