Windows 10: Microphone suddenly too quiet

Discus and support Microphone suddenly too quiet in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My microphone was working just fine yesterday, but now my friends are describing it as being like communicating through two cans and a string. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoelRoddy, Jan 27, 2020.

1. JoelRoddy Win User

Microphone suddenly too quiet

My microphone was working just fine yesterday, but now my friends are describing it as being like communicating through two cans and a string. I rebooted my PC twice, fiddled in the settings, and no dice. My mic works good on my phone. I told my dad about the issue and he tested it with a couple of other mics and they still didn't work. Someone please help a fella out.

:)

JoelRoddy, Jan 27, 2020

2. Microphone went REALLY quiet suddenly... help!

My microphone suddenly went really quiet and my friends can hardly hear me through calls on discord. I don't have a clue what's happened - can anyone help me please? I'm panicking D:

Noah Fairfield, Jan 27, 2020
  3. Microphone went REALLY quiet suddenly... help!

Hey! Thanks for replying: Allow apps to access your microphone is already turned on. 1. Troubleshooting all three gave me successes. They are all fine. 2. Microphone I am using is enabled and is the
    default device. 3. Microphone is already set up. 4. A. Roll back driver is greyed out. B. Uninstalling the driver and restarting did not work. still have the issue C. Microphone is still really quiet after this step. Help!!

Noah Fairfield, Jan 27, 2020
  4. Graeme.P Win User

Windows 10 Game DVR: Microphone is way too quiet

Hi Kirby, I'm Graeme, an independent adviser here to help.

If you've already adjusted the volume and boost for your microphone and it's still too quiet, it could be a driver issue.

I'd recommend reinstalling the microphone drivers through Device Manager. Here are the steps:

- Press Windows Key+X and choose Device Manager.

- Find your microphone in the list.

- Right-click it and choose Update Driver.

- If that doesn't work, try uninstalling it and then scan for hardware changes to reinstall the driver.

If it's still too quiet, test to see if the same problem occurs on another PC if you have one available.

Please let me know how you go! Thanks!

Graeme.P, Jan 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Microphone suddenly too quiet - Similar Threads - Microphone suddenly too

2. microphone is normal but in program is too quiet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microphone is normal but in program is too quiet: Hello my laptop microphone work normally in windows voice recorder or when i enable listen to device ,But my sound in discord or mic-test sites is too low.in setting i volume up input sound up to 100 and sound boost up to +36db but doesn't helpin past eg 1month ago it work...
  3. Laptop microphone suddenly too quiet for people to hear me

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop microphone suddenly too quiet for people to hear me: This week the microphone on my laptop has suddenly become too quiet and people can't hear me in meetings.My laptop is only a year old, I'm using Windows 11 and everything is up to date.I've done the trouble shoot on the mic and it says there are no problems.My mic volume is...
  4. Laptop microphone suddenly too quiet for people to hear me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop microphone suddenly too quiet for people to hear me: This week the microphone on my laptop has suddenly become too quiet and people can't hear me in meetings.My laptop is only a year old, I'm using Windows 11 and everything is up to date.I've done the trouble shoot on the mic and it says there are no problems.My mic volume is...
  5. Microphone too quiet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone too quiet: My microphone was working just fine yesterday, but now my friends are telling me it is too quiet. I rebooted my PC twice, fiddled in the settings, and nothing changed. My mic works good on my phone. I tried multiple headphones and earphones, but all of them are too quiet, but...
  6. Microphone too quiet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone too quiet: My microphone was working just fine yesterday, but now my friends are telling me it is too quiet. I rebooted my PC twice, fiddled in the settings, and nothing changed. My mic works good on my phone. I tried multiple headphones and earphones, but all of them are too quiet, but...
  7. Too quiet microphone and audio problems

in Windows 10 Customization
    Too quiet microphone and audio problems: Hello Recently I changed my motherboard from GIGABYTE H81M-HD3 to MSI Z490-A PRO and since then I have problems with my microphone. On the bar when I click to edit my audio setting which shows how loud is my microphone it can't even reach 10% of the bar. I reinstalled my...
  8. Microphone too quiet

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone too quiet: Hi everyone! My mic seems to be extremely quiet as others cannot hear me well. I updated all my drivers and maxed the volume and boost. Note: when I disabled enhancements, it became louder but it is still quiet. Help!...
  9. Microphone level too quiet.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone level too quiet.: Issue: I'd like to increase the volume of my microphone. Following an update overnight the input level is too quiet. Testing it in the control panel currently gives readings of 1-3%. Steps taken so far: I increased the volume of the microphone in device manager to full,...
  10. realtek array microphone too quiet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    realtek array microphone too quiet: My internal microphone Realtek array microphone used to work really well and wasn't too quiet, but now it is really quiet like I am whispering and no one can barely hear me. I am running on windows 10 on the latest update and have the latest mic drivers installed. I've tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp laptop microphone suddenly too quiet