Windows 10: microphone test

Discus and support microphone test in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just got a headset for my win 10 os --- its bluetooth paired OK ---- I am able to listen to apps like itunes -- no issues I tried to use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by fpefpe, Sep 15, 2021.

1. fpefpe Win User

microphone test

I just got a headset for my win 10 os --- its bluetooth paired OK ---- I am able to listen to apps like itunes -- no issues I tried to use the microphone of the headset and ran into a problem It does not seem to be picking up and sounds. I rand the troubleshooter test and in the case of the microphone, the "sound indicator" bar was not even on the screen, but for the laptop's microphone, the indicator is there and move when I speak I am able to pair the headset with my phone with no issue I there any way to debug this issue? Thanks

:)

fpefpe, Sep 15, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 15, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Unable to use Microphone on the computer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to use Microphone on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with this issue.

However, please let us know:

• Were you able to use Microphone on your computer earlier?
    • What is the make and model of the Microphone that you are using?

Ideally, if we add a new Microphone to the computer, we will need to go through the setup process to use it, let me help you with the steps. I would suggest you to refer the article on
    How to set up and test microphones in Windows 10 and setup
    the Microphone. Once the Microphone is setup, you can start using it.

If you still face issues, I would suggest you to refer the article on
    Fix microphone problems
    and see if that helps.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 15, 2021
  4. microphone test

microphone

Since you're using an external headset/microphone, we suggest using a different headset to test if the same issue will occur. You can also run the built-in troubleshooter for hardware and sound by following the steps below:

• In the Windows Search bar, type troubleshoot.
    • Open the Control Panel app from the search result.
    • Under Troubleshoot computer problems, click Hardware and Sound.
    • Click Playing Audio to run the troubleshooter and follow the on-screen guide

We will wait for an update.

Jennifer Cha, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

microphone test

1. microphone test - Similar Threads - microphone test

2. no microphone works on my pc, except for input device test

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no microphone works on my pc, except for input device test: no microphone works on my pc, except for input device test, its the only thing that detects it. nothing else does, not discord, not any game. i have tried almost everything.....
  3. no microphone works on my pc, except for input device test

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    no microphone works on my pc, except for input device test: no microphone works on my pc, except for input device test, its the only thing that detects it. nothing else does, not discord, not any game. i have tried almost everything.....
  4. USB PnP microphone recognized and volume on mic set to maximum. Tests to 1%. fix?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB PnP microphone recognized and volume on mic set to maximum. Tests to 1%. fix?: USB PnP microphone recognized and volume on mic set to maximum. Tests to 1%. fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-pnp-microphone-recognized-and-volume-on-mic/01e1702d-42e3-4c55-8dc5-288f0264be88
  5. USB PNP microphone test 1% fix

USB PNP microphone test 1% fix: I have a still currently sols mic that does not work with either desk or lab top. It shows as recognized and selected as default device. Volume on teh mic is st to maximum. How to get it to work?...
  6. USB PnP microphone recognized and volume on mic set to maximum. Tests to 1%. fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB PnP microphone recognized and volume on mic set to maximum. Tests to 1%. fix?: USB PnP microphone recognized and volume on mic set to maximum. Tests to 1%. fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-pnp-microphone-recognized-and-volume-on-mic/01e1702d-42e3-4c55-8dc5-288f0264be88
  7. USB PNP microphone test 1% fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB PNP microphone test 1% fix: I have a still currently sols mic that does not work with either desk or lab top. It shows as recognized and selected as default device. Volume on teh mic is st to maximum. How to get it to work?...
  8. USB PnP microphone recognized and volume on mic set to maximum. Tests to 1%. fix?

9. USB PNP microphone test 1% fix

10. Microphone is working on steam calls and discord tests, but not in discord calls and in ts3.

Microphone is working on steam calls and discord tests, but not in discord calls and in ts3.: Yesterday it was working fine, I suspend my computer and went to sleep. Today I enter a call on discord and my friend was not hearing me. He called me on steam and he was hearing me, so we tried on teamspeak 3, but it was just the same as discord. I've tried a number of...