Windows 10: Microphone transmits sounds?

Discus and support Microphone transmits sounds? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Since today, my microphone front from the headset transmits the sounds that are played back on the PC and no longer when I speak into the microphone.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SephuZ7, Jun 29, 2020.

1. SephuZ7 Win User

Microphone transmits sounds?

Since today, my microphone front from the headset transmits the sounds that are played back on the PC and no longer when I speak into the microphone.
    Drivers are up-to-date. Where can I change that?
    Use Windows 10.

:)

SephuZ7, Jun 29, 2020

2. Headset/Microphone background reduction; suggestions

There's a solution to this out there, but I cannot pinpoint the right search terminology to get accurate results.

When I speak into my microphone, whatever sound is being sent into my headphones, is also directly sent to the microphone and outputted upon transmit.

This means that it's not a case of the sound coming out of the headphones, then travelling to the microphone, it's actually going straight to the microphone instead.

All I've come up with so far, is a suggestion to mute the microphone input via Windows. Though that seems to render the microphone useless.

newconroer, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Microphone transmits sounds?

microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Microphone transmits sounds?

1. Microphone transmits sounds? - Similar Threads - Microphone transmits sounds

2. Miracast not transmitting sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Miracast not transmitting sound: My laptop is able to transmit video but not sound. The sound transmits to "Digital Output " by default and the only other option is to transmit sound out of my laptop. I was able to connect to my TV with my old laptop easily. I've attempted to look up solutions online but...
  3. Miracast not transmitting sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Miracast not transmitting sound: My laptop is able to transmit video but not sound. The sound transmits to "Digital Output " by default and the only other option is to transmit sound out of my laptop. I was able to connect to my TV with my old laptop easily. I've attempted to look up solutions online but...
  4. Microphone transmits system sounds but not voice

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone transmits system sounds but not voice: When I use my microphone which is part of a headset it records and plays my system sounds music, games, etc., however it does not record my voice at all. It is connected to the PC via the rear 3.5mm jack. I've tried connecting a seperate mic with USB and that works...
  5. PC audio is being transmitted through Microphone

PC audio is being transmitted through Microphone: All of my PC audio is being transmitted through my microphone, even when the mic isturned off or unplugged. Below is a picture showing how the audio plays through both the headphones and the microphone. Please note that my microphone was turned off in this picture, and it was...
  6. [Your Phone] not transmitting call audio nor registering microphone audio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Your Phone] not transmitting call audio nor registering microphone audio: What do I do? I can't find the audio settings for your phone anywhere. submitted by /u/diego_war [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ihsxqe/your_phone_not_transmitting_call_audio_nor/
  7. Headset microphone only transmits system sound?

Headset microphone only transmits system sound?: Good afternoon, since last night I have the problem with my Windows 10 computer that the microphone of my G230 only plays my system sounds, i.e. everything that is said on TS for example. I reinstalled the Realtek driver, but this did not help either. The device is...
  8. Laptop does not transmit any microphone input Windows 10?

Laptop does not transmit any microphone input Windows 10?: As of noon today, I can no longer transmit anything at all. In the privacy settings everything is set correctly and also otherwise it says in the settings that it should actually work. Also the drivers are up to date. I have this problem in every program. Can I simply reset...
  9. Microphone audio being transmitted really distorted, sounds like I'm a radio host from the...

Microphone audio being transmitted really distorted, sounds like I'm a radio host from the...: Like the title says, my microphone Blue Yeti USB Microphone is being distorted by windows. I've checked on a separate computer and the microphone sounded fine. Bought a USB Hub to remedy some background static which worked but now I have this issue. Help please?...
  10. Audio doesn't transmit, but my microphone works?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio doesn't transmit, but my microphone works?: I hopped on my computer today, expecting to just start playing a game. I wanted to try out my old speakers I had, so I plugged them in the back of my computer. They didn't work, so I just plugged my headphones in, also in the back. I couldn't hear anything, though. I went to...