Windows 10: Microphone transmits system sounds but not voice

Discus and support Microphone transmits system sounds but not voice in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I use my microphone which is part of a headset it records and plays my system sounds music, games, etc., however it does not record my voice at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by fiddl, Dec 23, 2020.

1. fiddl Win User

Microphone transmits system sounds but not voice

When I use my microphone which is part of a headset it records and plays my system sounds music, games, etc., however it does not record my voice at all. It is connected to the PC via the rear 3.5mm jack. I've tried connecting a seperate mic with USB and that works flawlessly. I guess it's a driver issue as I'm also unable to launch realtek's RtkNGUI64.exe audio manager file. Not sure what exactly it is though.

What I tried so far:

• Ran the audio troubleshooter which doesn't work with input devices
    • Confirmed the cables are properly plugged in
    • Checked the volume sliders
    • My mic is the default device
    • Audio enhancements are turned off
    • Updated my audio driver
    • Reinstalled the audio driver
    • Tried different audio formats

:)

fiddl, Dec 23, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

Voice Over Microphone Sometimes Unintelligible

Go to Settings > System > Sound. Scroll down, under 'Input' click on 'device properties' to adjust it.

Microphone transmits system sounds but not voice [​IMG]

Microphone transmits system sounds but not voice [​IMG]

3. Headset/Microphone background reduction; suggestions

There's a solution to this out there, but I cannot pinpoint the right search terminology to get accurate results.

When I speak into my microphone, whatever sound is being sent into my headphones, is also directly sent to the microphone and outputted upon transmit.

This means that it's not a case of the sound coming out of the headphones, then travelling to the microphone, it's actually going straight to the microphone instead.

All I've come up with so far, is a suggestion to mute the microphone input via Windows. Though that seems to render the microphone useless.

newconroer, Dec 23, 2020
  4. Microphone transmits system sounds but not voice

Microphone sounds really deep

Title, makes my voice sound incredibly deep.

Troubleshooting does not help. System restore apparentally doesn't help. I don't want to reset my PC in any way so now I'm begging for suggestions. Oh and its not actually the microphone, works on other computers correctly.

Clip of voice: SpeakPipe - receive voice messages from your audience directly on your website.

Michael3038, Dec 23, 2020
Thema:

Microphone transmits system sounds but not voice

1. Microphone transmits system sounds but not voice - Similar Threads - Microphone transmits system

2. Low microphone voice sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Low microphone voice sound: My microphone is good but it is barely recording voice sound i have also increased it to100 from properties, it only recognizes breathing air sound easily. I have tried updating driver from device manager and it says that I have already latest driver installedI have also...
  3. Low microphone voice sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low microphone voice sound: My microphone is good but it is barely recording voice sound i have also increased it to100 from properties, it only recognizes breathing air sound easily. I have tried updating driver from device manager and it says that I have already latest driver installedI have also...
  4. Low microphone voice sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Miracast not transmitting sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Miracast not transmitting sound: My laptop is able to transmit video but not sound. The sound transmits to "Digital Output " by default and the only other option is to transmit sound out of my laptop. I was able to connect to my TV with my old laptop easily. I've attempted to look up solutions online but...
  6. Miracast not transmitting sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Miracast not transmitting sound: My laptop is able to transmit video but not sound. The sound transmits to "Digital Output " by default and the only other option is to transmit sound out of my laptop. I was able to connect to my TV with my old laptop easily. I've attempted to look up solutions online but...
  7. Microphone replaying system sounds.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone replaying system sounds.: I give you an example, lets say I am in a Skype/Discord call if I try to speak no audio is getting picked up. But if I start playing a video on YouTube or any kind of audio on my pc even system notification sounds it will be picked up by my microphone and will play it while...
  8. Headset microphone only transmits system sound?

Headset microphone only transmits system sound?: Good afternoon, since last night I have the problem with my Windows 10 computer that the microphone of my G230 only plays my system sounds, i.e. everything that is said on TS for example. I reinstalled the Realtek driver, but this did not help either. The device is...
  9. Microphone transmits sounds?

Microphone transmits sounds?: Since today, my microphone front from the headset transmits the sounds that are played back on the PC and no longer when I speak into the microphone. Drivers are up-to-date. Where can I change that? Use Windows 10. Mikrofon überträgt Sounds?
  10. Audio doesn't transmit, but my microphone works?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio doesn't transmit, but my microphone works?: I hopped on my computer today, expecting to just start playing a game. I wanted to try out my old speakers I had, so I plugged them in the back of my computer. They didn't work, so I just plugged my headphones in, also in the back. I couldn't hear anything, though. I went to...