Windows 10: Microphone troubles on brand new pc

Discus and support Microphone troubles on brand new pc in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm having problems with my mic, when I plug my headphones into the front panel headset jack, it detects my headphones and plays audio correctly but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ColtLB, Feb 28, 2021.

1. ColtLB Win User

Microphone troubles on brand new pc

I'm having problems with my mic, when I plug my headphones into the front panel headset jack, it detects my headphones and plays audio correctly but it doesn't have a microphone despite there being one in my headset, and I checked the recording tab in the sounds menu.

Edit: The cable is a single cable and the jack and cable are 3.5mm

:)

ColtLB, Feb 28, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Feb 28, 2021
  3. setting up microphone for speech recognition

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are trying to setup speech recognition on the PC.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • When you say that “the box is grey and unresponsive”, where you are seeing this option?
    • Are you able to connect the microphone to the PC? (Does it show in Device Manager)

Meanwhile we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if you are able to setup the microphone.

Steps to set up a microphone: Before you set up Speech Recognition, make sure you've plugged the microphone into your PC so the following steps work.

1. Press Windows + Q or click on the Windows Search.
    2. Enter Set up a microphone in the search box, and then tap or click
      Set up a microphone.
    3. Follow the instructions on the screen.
    4. Once you are able to setup the microphone and then check if it’s working.

You may also refer this article for additional help: Use voice recognition
    in Windows 10

If you are facing issues configuring microphone on your computer, I would suggest you to refer:

Fix microphone problems

Let us know how it goes.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 28, 2021
  4. Microphone troubles on brand new pc

USB Microphone Troubles

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with Microphone, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to Make sure that the Microphone is disabled and check if it helps.

• Right click on the volume icon and click on
      Recording devices
    • Right click on an empty space and check mark both
      Show disconnected devices
      and Show disabled devices.
    • Double click on Microphone and make sure that the microphone is disabled under
      Device usage.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

Microphone troubles on brand new pc

1. Microphone troubles on brand new pc - Similar Threads - Microphone troubles brand

2. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on brand new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on brand new PC: Hello,Since getting the brand new PC I purchased in the mail on thursday, I was surprised to see several blue screens since then. They all have the same error and I have tried several solutions like going into the device manager to update my already up-to-date drivers,...
  3. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on brand new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE on brand new PC: Hello,Since getting the brand new PC I purchased in the mail on thursday, I was surprised to see several blue screens since then. They all have the same error and I have tried several solutions like going into the device manager to update my already up-to-date drivers,...
  4. Microphone trouble

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone trouble: Recently I have been having a problem where my mic is so faint unless i put it right up to my mouth and shout. I have tried trouble shooting it, updating drivers and even updating to a newer version of windows. It works perfectly fine on my friends laptop but just not mine....
  5. Microphone trouble

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone trouble: Recently I have been having a problem where my mic is so faint unless i put it right up to my mouth and shout. I have tried trouble shooting it, updating drivers and even updating to a newer version of windows. It works perfectly fine on my friends laptop but just not mine....
  6. Microphone Troubles

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microphone Troubles: Hi! I've been having some issues with my microphone, including both my built in computer microphone and my headphones with a mic in them. When I go to Settings, System, Sound, it shows that my headphone microphone is picking up sound. However, my built in microphone is not....
  7. BSOD Brand new pc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Brand new pc.: Hi everyone. So i built a new pc with the following parts: Ryzen 3 2200g Patriot Viper 4 3000mhz 8gb Gigabyte b450m s2h Corsair cx450m An i have been having problems from the very start. I had blue screen errors a lot at the begging but they suddenly stopped. Well they...
  8. brand new pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    brand new pc: Hello, I would like to install Office 365 which I believe is Microsoft Office Pro onto 2 brand new pcs. Firstly, am I allowed to upload it to both pcs and secondly, how do I do this from the very beginning? ( I've only charged the pcs at this stage)...
  9. Problem with brand new Microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with brand new Microphone: Hello , i have been using my stand alone microphone for years now and one day after i turn my PC on it just stopped working , my first tough was it was microphone , and then i went and got a new one , since i still had warranty , but problem still persisted, so then i tough...
  10. Trouble Activating Windows 10 on a Brand New Laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Trouble Activating Windows 10 on a Brand New Laptop: Would really appreciate if someone could help me out. Just bought a brand new Dell laptop, and was setting it up when I noticed a notification saying Windows 10 hasn't been activated yet. I went into settings to activate it but it gives me the error code 0xC004C008, saying...