Windows 10: Microphone Troubleshooting

Discus and support Microphone Troubleshooting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hii There, Hope You're doing well I just purchased a new cheap mic to use for user-testing recordings and I've done my best trying to make it work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AMMARjs, Feb 13, 2020.

1. AMMARjs Win User

Microphone Troubleshooting

Hii There,

Hope You're doing well

I just purchased a new cheap mic to use for user-testing recordings and I've done my best trying to make it work and couldn't

I've Re-Installed The Audio Drivers but nothing worked

So I need Your Help to fix this problem

This is the Image of the Mic

Microphone Troubleshooting f2b0778c-b245-4986-9530-ec85a20e6d66?upload=true.jpg

:)

AMMARjs, Feb 13, 2020

2. microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Microphone Issue

Hi
    Mateviar,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, it is possible that the issue is with the
    hardware
    or the
    device
    itself. However, we need to make sure that is the case. To isolate this matter, we have some questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• Have you tried using the microphone to another PC?

• What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you run the
    Hardware and Device Troubleshooter. To run the
    Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the
      Troubleshooter.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Microphone Troubleshooting

MS LifeChat LX 3000 microphone not working

Hi,

It can be a faulty driver that is causing your microphone not to work. We suggest that you run the hardware troubleshooter. Troubleshooters can find and fix many common problems for you. See steps below:

• On the Search bar, type Troubleshoot.
    • Click on Troubleshoot.
    • Select Hardware and Devices then click on Run the troubleshooter.

Also make sure that the microphone in not disabled and set as default. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the volume icon and select Recording devices.
    • Right-click on the Microphone, then select Show disconnected devices and
      Show disabled devices.
    • Double click on the Microphone and under Device Usage:, select
      Use this device (enabled).
    • Also make sure that the Microphone is set as default.

If the issue still occurs, try uninstalling and reinstalling the headset driver.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Microphone Troubleshooting

1. Microphone Troubleshooting - Similar Threads - Microphone Troubleshooting

2. setting up microphone for speech recognition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    setting up microphone for speech recognition: i want to configure my mike for speech recognition but the box is grey and unresponsive any suggestions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-microphone-for-speech-recognition/54f5029d-a446-4795-8560-6e8ca1dc3f5d
  3. I want to enable noise suppression through the microphone settings under enhancements to...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I want to enable noise suppression through the microphone settings under enhancements to...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Eroscuk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f87yr0/i_want_to_enable_noise_suppression_through_the/
  4. Microphone not working but headset does (Corsair Hs60)

Microphone not working but headset does (Corsair Hs60): Hello, I recently bought a corsair Hs60 mic with the usb adapter and the microphone isnt working. I dont think this is a problem with the headset but a problem with my computer. I bought a razer kraken and that mic also didn't work but the sound does (same with my current...
  5. Weird Microphone noises after installing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird Microphone noises after installing Windows 10: I bought a Razer Kraken Pro 5 years ago and since then it's been working fine, until one week ago when i installed Windows 10 on my computer. Since then every time I try to talk I sound like a robotmy voice sounds very distorted. I've been scouting the internet for the past...
  6. svchost.exe and rundll32.exe is using my microphone

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    svchost.exe and rundll32.exe is using my microphone: I notice the problem recently, maybe after the update KB4532693. Everytime I start my windows, I see "1 app using my microphone" tips shows up in taskbar. I click it to get more information. It tells me that svchost.exe is using my microphone. I download theprocess explorer...
  7. Blue Snowball Ice Microphone Not Working On My Windows 10 PC Due To The USB Port Being A...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue Snowball Ice Microphone Not Working On My Windows 10 PC Due To The USB Port Being A...: Blue Snowball Ice Microphone Not Working As Intended I am unaware of what to do because this is my first time having a microphone and I've tried to look up what to do about it but all I find are videos about people looking on the device manager and fixing why it has a...
  8. Make a microphone sound bad

Make a microphone sound bad: I need to make my mic sound bad for a joke, and I set it to 16000hz, and i was wondering if i can make it even worse than that? submitted by /u/Bungo-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f74pnw/make_a_microphone_sound_bad/
  9. My Microphone suddenly stopped working

My Microphone suddenly stopped working: I'm a streamer and yesterday while Streaming my microphone stopped working. I tried plugging it in and unplugging and it didn't work. I ran a Troubleshoot and it said: "Audio services not responding". I tried updating the drivers and a bunch of other stuff and it still didn't...
  10. Troubleshooter Can't Detect Any Issues With My Microphone Even Though It Won't Connect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Troubleshooter Can't Detect Any Issues With My Microphone Even Though It Won't Connect: So I just purchased a Lenovo Thinkpad and I'm in the middle of setting it up so I can use it to voice chat and record things. The thing is, nothing will work when I try to set up a mic. There aren't any drivers showing up and the troubleshooting option on Windows 10 just...