Windows 10: Microphone Troubleshooting

Discus and support Microphone Troubleshooting in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hii There, Hope You're doing well I just purchased a new cheap mic to use for user-testing recordings and I've done my best trying to make it work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AMMARjs, Feb 13, 2020.

1. AMMARjs Win User

Microphone Troubleshooting

Hii There,

Hope You're doing well

I just purchased a new cheap mic to use for user-testing recordings and I've done my best trying to make it work and couldn't

I've Re-Installed The Audio Drivers but nothing worked

So I need Your Help to fix this problem

This is the Image of the Mic

Microphone Troubleshooting f2b0778c-b245-4986-9530-ec85a20e6d66?upload=true.jpg

:)

AMMARjs, Feb 13, 2020

2. microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Microphone Issue

Hi
    Mateviar,

Upon analyzing the details you have provided, it is possible that the issue is with the
    hardware
    or the
    device
    itself. However, we need to make sure that is the case. To isolate this matter, we have some questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• Have you tried using the microphone to another PC?

• What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you run the
    Hardware and Device Troubleshooter. To run the
    Troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the
      Troubleshooter.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Microphone Troubleshooting

MS LifeChat LX 3000 microphone not working

Hi,

It can be a faulty driver that is causing your microphone not to work. We suggest that you run the hardware troubleshooter. Troubleshooters can find and fix many common problems for you. See steps below:

• On the Search bar, type Troubleshoot.
    • Click on Troubleshoot.
    • Select Hardware and Devices then click on Run the troubleshooter.

Also make sure that the microphone in not disabled and set as default. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the volume icon and select Recording devices.
    • Right-click on the Microphone, then select Show disconnected devices and
      Show disabled devices.
    • Double click on the Microphone and under Device Usage:, select
      Use this device (enabled).
    • Also make sure that the Microphone is set as default.

If the issue still occurs, try uninstalling and reinstalling the headset driver.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Microphone Troubleshooting

1. Microphone Troubleshooting - Similar Threads - Microphone Troubleshooting

2. Did all recommended troubleshooting but microphone is still not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Did all recommended troubleshooting but microphone is still not working: I have done all recommended troubleshooting but microphone is still not working properly - it shows it only picks up 5% of voice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/did-all-recommended-troubleshooting-but-microphone/f14e49e5-e3fa-47e6-b133-83811747d882
  3. Did all recommended troubleshooting but microphone is still not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Did all recommended troubleshooting but microphone is still not working: I have done all recommended troubleshooting but microphone is still not working properly - it shows it only picks up 5% of voice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/did-all-recommended-troubleshooting-but-microphone/f14e49e5-e3fa-47e6-b133-83811747d882
  4. Did all recommended troubleshooting but microphone is still not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to furtherly troubleshoot/fix the microphone issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to furtherly troubleshoot/fix the microphone issue.: Hi, is there anyone here experiencing microphone issue in Dell XPS 17 9710? The mic is built-in from the computer. It appears from the device manager but not detected in applications. Mic permission is allowed to all application and windows, driver was updated and tried to...
  6. How to furtherly troubleshoot/fix the microphone issue.

How to furtherly troubleshoot/fix the microphone issue.: Hi, is there anyone here experiencing microphone issue in Dell XPS 17 9710? The mic is built-in from the computer. It appears from the device manager but not detected in applications. Mic permission is allowed to all application and windows, driver was updated and tried to...
  7. My Laptop microphone does not function, and cannot be detected by troubleshooter, in spite...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop microphone does not function, and cannot be detected by troubleshooter, in spite...: Laptop description: Model: Swift SFX14-41GOS: Windows 11 HomeVersion: 22H2Build: 22621.2506Description: The built-in microphone array is not picking up audio, despite nominally being active and not reporting any issues. * It is visible as enabled as the Default Recording...
  8. My Laptop microphone does not function, and cannot be detected by troubleshooter, in spite...

My Laptop microphone does not function, and cannot be detected by troubleshooter, in spite...: Laptop description: Model: Swift SFX14-41GOS: Windows 11 HomeVersion: 22H2Build: 22621.2506Description: The built-in microphone array is not picking up audio, despite nominally being active and not reporting any issues. * It is visible as enabled as the Default Recording...
  9. Microphone issues with XBOX app + no ability to run the Recording Audio troubleshooter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone issues with XBOX app + no ability to run the Recording Audio troubleshooter: Hello,My son just purchased a new Asus gaming computer, which has Windows 11 installed. We have been trying to get his headset to work with it, but after many tests others can barely hear him speaking. We have three different headsets, plus a standalone microphone. One...
  10. Microphone issues with XBOX app + no ability to run the Recording Audio troubleshooter

Microphone issues with XBOX app + no ability to run the Recording Audio troubleshooter: Hello,My son just purchased a new Asus gaming computer, which has Windows 11 installed. We have been trying to get his headset to work with it, but after many tests others can barely hear him speaking. We have three different headsets, plus a standalone microphone. One...