Windows 10: Microphone turns off automatically after a min of inactivity

Discus and support Microphone turns off automatically after a min of inactivity in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have recently upgraded my laptop to Win 10 Pro N 20 H2, since then, I have been experiencing a new problem with my microphone. I didn't have any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Uma Prashad bhattacharyya, May 18, 2021.

1. Microphone turns off automatically after a min of inactivity

I have recently upgraded my laptop to Win 10 Pro N 20 H2, since then, I have been experiencing a new problem with my microphone. I didn't have any issue with the previous version of win 10. I don't hear in microphone unless I unplug it or from the DTS sound+ I disable " Enable playback Multi streaming " and re-enable it. Even after doing that, if I don't play any audio or video constantly the microphone turns off. Windows sound property shows microphone is set as default. Please help me fix the issue.

:)

Uma Prashad bhattacharyya, May 18, 2021
  2. davidhk Win User

Automatic log off after 5 min or so of inactivity

Start button > left side, click Settings > select System > click Power & Sleep > right side, see my screenshot.
    ( ***I have a laptop. If yours is a desktop you will have a slightly different picture. )

Microphone turns off automatically after a min of inactivity [​IMG]

davidhk, May 18, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 18, 2021
  4. Rose Ter Win User

Microphone turns off automatically after a min of inactivity

Camera and Microphone Privacy

Hi Moustafa,

This issue occurs due to permission issue, driver issue, license for an app is out of sync with the license installed on the computer or if the app is not updated. To give permission to Camera and Microphone app, you may follow
    these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Privacy.
    • Look for Camera, make sure that “Let apps use my camera” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your camera as well.
    • Go back to Privacy and select Microphone, make sure that “Let apps use my microphone” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your microphone as well.

If the issue persists, we would suggest that you check out this
    link
    . This will provide you troubleshooting steps regarding Camera and Microphone issues.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, May 18, 2021
Thema:

Microphone turns off automatically after a min of inactivity

1. Microphone turns off automatically after a min of inactivity - Similar Threads - Microphone turns off

2. How to turn off bluetooth on inactivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to turn off bluetooth on inactivity: Hi, Is there a way to make bluetooth automatically turn off on Windows 11 when it isn't connected to any device for a period of time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-turn-off-bluetooth-on-inactivity/5b08b37c-46b5-475b-b30e-1d70563426fb
  3. Inactivity of computer after every 2 mins

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Inactivity of computer after every 2 mins: Currently i am using an updated version of windows 10.My pc gets inactivated after every 2 mins.Then to restore it i need to move my cursor.This redirects me to the screen saver page....
  4. Inactivity of computer after every 2 mins

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Inactivity of computer after every 2 mins: Currently i am using an updated version of windows 10.My pc gets inactivated after every 2 mins.Then to restore it i need to move my cursor.This redirects me to the screen saver page....
  5. Inactivity of computer after every 2 mins

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Inactivity of computer after every 2 mins

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Audio Enhancements for Microphone automatically turning off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audio Enhancements for Microphone automatically turning off: After a recent windows update around last week, I started having problems with my microphone. I use a program for my microphone to make different sounds from it and to adjust the volume. The program only works when Audio Enhancements in the control panel is left on. After the...
  8. Turn off computer after hours of inactivity

Turn off computer after hours of inactivity: Hi, I want to know if it is possible to create a local active directory policy on a computer that will shut it off not sleep mode setting after given hours of inactivity. N:B: I want to implement this policy on a local device and hope it will not affect other computers...
  9. Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity

Monitor turns off after 2 minutes of inactivity: I recently updated from Window 8.1 to Windows 10. The upgrade went fairly well except for my laptop monitor turning off after 1 or 2 minutes of inactivity. I have changed all power settings to appropriate times. At times, normally after a fresh restart, my screen saver kicks...
  10. Automatic log off after 5 min or so of inactivity

in Windows 10 Support
    Automatic log off after 5 min or so of inactivity: My system logs off automatically after 5 minutes or so of inactivity. I don't know where to look for to change this option. I am logging in using my hotmail at start up. 35560

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microphone automatically turns off some time working and some time automatically off using jquery