Windows 10: Microphone volume adjustment keeps going back to 50

Discus and support Microphone volume adjustment keeps going back to 50 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Microphone on Webcam volume too low. When I try to increase sound volume in settings the slider keeps going back to 50... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BobKohut, Oct 12, 2020.

1. BobKohut Win User

Microphone volume adjustment keeps going back to 50

Microphone on Webcam volume too low. When I try to increase sound volume in settings the slider keeps going back to 50

:)

BobKohut, Oct 12, 2020
  2. Edwin Win User

How do I stop windows 10 adjusting microphone volume automatically

Welcome to tenforums! *Smile

Advanced Microphone Properties...

Microphone volume adjustment keeps going back to 50 [​IMG]

Edwin, Oct 12, 2020
  3. Google Meet is automatically adjusting my microphone volume in Windows 10. I'd like it to stop.

I use Google Meet for work. There's no getting around this, as my company uses it for every meeting. However, I've had issues where my microphone volume will go silent or peak at 100 seemingly randomly during
    meetings. I went to check my settings in Windows and sure enough the microphone's volume slider was at 0 or 100. Out of curiosity, I left the Microphone Properties window open during a Google Meet meeting and I could see the volume slider move as
    I spoke.

Microphone volume adjustment keeps going back to 50 058e7f2a-fffc-4c01-aeef-d776f5a015b9?upload=true.png

• There is no setting on Google Meet to disable automatic gain.
    • I've unchecked "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" under the Advanced tab in Windows.
    • I've updated my microphone's drivers.
    • I've uninstalled and reinstalled the microphone in the Device Manager.
    • I used my Logitech webcam's microphone to see if I had the same issue there (I did).
    • I used Google Meet in Opera, Firefox, and Edge to see if it was a Google Chrome issue (it isn't; the issue happened on each browser, for both mics).
    • I installed a script using nircmd to set the microphone volume to 50 every second, which is a band-aid fix for the slider moving around, but...

Now I have issues where my microphone volume will drop to a very low volume, and turning the volume slider to 100 doesn't fix it. In fact, nothing resets it except doing a system restore. But a system restore doesn't prevent these issues from happening again.
    I'm guessing adjusting the volume slider at the same time Google Meet adjusts the volume causes an issue, but this is just a guess.

I really need help. I'm stuck using Google Meet, and I'd prefer to continue using this Windows 10 machine as it makes life easier (minus this specific issue). Does anyone have any advice or suggestions?

Here are some general specs:

• Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    • AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
    • 32.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1066MHz (15-15-15-36)
    • Micro-Star International Co. Ltd X370 GAMING PRO CARBON (MS-7A32) (AM4)
    • 3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (MSI)

Recording Device:

• Microphone (Scarlett Solo USB)
    • Device Name: USB Audio 2.0
    • Vendor: Risq Modular Systems
    • Comment: Scarlett Solo USB
    • Driver: Date 6-20-2019, Version 10.0.18362.207
    • Physical Microphone: Audio Technica AT2035

Dingdingler, Oct 12, 2020
  4. Microphone volume adjustment keeps going back to 50

Problem with microphone adjust.

When iam using microphone and speaking the volume of the microphone being lower.
    1.I've removed auto-adjust from skype.
    2.I have the latest version of realtek audio.
    3.I have the latest driver version of my microphone.
    4.Selected "Do nothing" at "Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Sound".
    5.And also this

Microphone volume adjustment keeps going back to 50 [​IMG]
    still auto adjusting the microphone and no one can hear me good.
    How can i unadjust the microphone?

ExtendLord, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

Microphone volume adjustment keeps going back to 50

1. Microphone volume adjustment keeps going back to 50 - Similar Threads - Microphone volume adjustment

2. Automatic microphone volume adjustment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatic microphone volume adjustment: I have microphone issue in my laptop. I am using an In-Line microphone 3.5 mm jack from Sony. The problem is that as soon as I raise my speaking volume, the mic lower it's sensitivity automatically. I want it to be constant. I manage my microphone volume from Control Panel in...
  3. Automatic microphone volume adjustment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatic microphone volume adjustment: I have microphone issue in my laptop. I am using an In-Line microphone 3.5 mm jack from Sony. The problem is that as soon as I raise my speaking volume, the mic lower it's sensitivity automatically. I want it to be constant. I manage my microphone volume from Control Panel in...
  4. Automatic microphone volume adjustment

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Microphone auto adjusting volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone auto adjusting volume: Hi, so I've found an issue with the microphone today while using google meet. The others participants were hearing me too loudly, so I decided to lower the microphone volume, but after a few seconds it started increasing the volume again. I already disabled the exclusive...
  6. Microphone volume adjusts by itself

Microphone volume adjusts by itself: I've got W10 recently updated. When speaking using either of two USB mics one on a gamer headset, the other MS camera the volume adjusts itself. At first it looked like it just increased and almost maxed out but then I saw that it would go down by itself when I spoke louder....
  7. Microphone volume keeps re-adjusting itself.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone volume keeps re-adjusting itself.: Hello! I need help, i have searched far and wide across the sea known as the internet but i still haven't found a solution to my problem. I have disabled "allow applications to take exclusive control of my mic", updated my drivers, have reset to the old version of windows 10...
  8. Microphone keeps adjusting to 100 volume

Microphone keeps adjusting to 100 volume: Hi, I need help in my microphone. My mic seems to auto adjust itself every time back to 100 when I turn on my pc. This is so annoying. I already did the uncheck the let other apps control my mic option but it doesn't work. Thank you for your help....
  9. My Microphone keeps adjusting the volume automatically

My Microphone keeps adjusting the volume automatically: I have purchased a Blue Yeti Nano and can't wait to use it to stream, however no matter how many times I set the volume to 50, when I speak the volume raises itself. I've seen several other people have the exact same issue and it's frustrating that the option I selected said...
  10. Microphone Volume Auto-Adjusting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone Volume Auto-Adjusting: My microphone volume is being auto-adjusted and I can't find why. I have already disabled allow apps to take exclusive control. Confirmed Skype is not set to auto-adjust. Neither is Steam Friends list. Example Image You can see in the example, it starts out high, can...