Windows 10: Microphone volume changing on its own

Discus and support Microphone volume changing on its own in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the title says, I’m trying to get my microphone to stop changing its own volume. I’ve tried turning off ‘Allow applications to take exclusive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/BongoToucan, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Microphone volume changing on its own

As the title says, I’m trying to get my microphone to stop changing its own volume. I’ve tried turning off ‘Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device’ setting, I’ve made it so that when windows detects communication activity it does nothing, all of the fixes I’ve found online so far. I’m using a headset with a removable microphone that plugs into the 3.5mm combo jack on my laptop, there’s no software with the headset to change anything. I’m trying to keep the microphone volume percentage at 50, but it keeps changing to either 72, 84 or 94 randomly. I’ve got 0.0 dB of microphone boost. I don’t know what could be causing this, help would be appreciated and if more info is needed then ask away and I’ll provide it

submitted by /u/BongoToucan
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/BongoToucan, Oct 12, 2020
  2. Vicky Acs Win User

Headphones' Microphone Volume Under the "Levels" Tab Disappeared

We suggest that you check the following steps on how to raise the mic volume:

• Check the Speaker icon on the system tray. Right click on it and choose "Recording Devices" menu.
    • This will show Sound window. Go to Recording tab of Sound window, you will notice the microphone which is active that has a green check mark. Right click on the active microphone and select "Properties".
    • You will now see Microphone Properties window. Go to the
      Levels
      tab and you will now see Microphone and
      Microphone Boos
      t. You can use the sliders to modify your volume settings. Click
      OK button to save changes.

Let us know how it works so we can further assist you.

Vicky Acs, Oct 12, 2020
  3. How to raise microphone volume?

Hi vesvespa, my name is Max and I'm an independent advisor.

I suggest you check your microphone gain level. To do it, try the steps mentioned below:

Right click on Speaker icon (Volume settings) on the Taskbar

Choose Recording Devices

Click on Microphone and open the Properties

Finally, move the slider to choose the level. It will raise the Microphone and Microphone Boost option.

NighthawkX, Oct 12, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Microphone volume changing on its own

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Oct 12, 2020
Thema:

Microphone volume changing on its own

1. Microphone volume changing on its own - Similar Threads - Microphone volume changing

2. Pin changed on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin changed on its own: I went to log into my computer today, and my pin no longer worked. Ive had the same one for multiple years, and it suddenly stopped working. My only option is to wait thirty days to renew my security phone number, but thats stupid. Please help...
  3. Pin changed on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pin changed on its own: I went to log into my computer today, and my pin no longer worked. Ive had the same one for multiple years, and it suddenly stopped working. My only option is to wait thirty days to renew my security phone number, but thats stupid. Please help...
  4. Wallpaper changing on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wallpaper changing on its own: When I set a custom wallpaper, it changes on its own a set a random picture as my new wallpaper. How do I fix this reoccurring issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wallpaper-changing-on-its-own/3b01bc1e-626e-4495-9e06-b5f88c57f7a5
  5. Wallpaper changing on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wallpaper changing on its own: When I set a custom wallpaper, it changes on its own a set a random picture as my new wallpaper. How do I fix this reoccurring issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wallpaper-changing-on-its-own/3b01bc1e-626e-4495-9e06-b5f88c57f7a5
  6. Volume increases on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume increases on its own: My laptop was just updated by Windows and it now is constantly turning the volume up. I turn it down, it just turns it right back up. I have tried everything I have seen on other questions and nothing is fixing it. I think it was the update. Please advise. This is using...
  7. Tabs changing on its own

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Tabs changing on its own: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/arry__ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kfhw69/tabs_changing_on_its_own/
  8. Time changing on its own

in Windows 10 Customization
    Time changing on its own: I have a desk top running with windows 10 and every few weeks or so I find my time is an hour off. I have looked at all of the simple avenues but not finding anything that seems to be to be the reason. bill...
  9. Audio keeps changing its volume on its own - MSI Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio keeps changing its volume on its own - MSI Windows 10: Hi I noticed an issue on the audio as I'm using Realtek High Definition Audio as the windows one "High Definition Audio" settings seems to be broken and cannot be used. But I noticed with my realtek audio that it keeps on changing sound automatically one the speakers of my...
  10. Color changed on its own

in Windows 10 Customization
    Color changed on its own: Recent update has made the background in file explorer black. Can I change it back to white? It is very hard on my eyes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/color-changed-on-its-own/b948612d-ae00-4c54-a358-3194808c09bb