Windows 10: Microphone volume is insanely low (I already boosted it to max values)

Discus and support Microphone volume is insanely low (I already boosted it to max values) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was using older Win like XP, 7, 8 but now with 10, I suddenly have this problem. When I plug the microphone, it asks me if that was a microphone, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/feedingmybrain, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Microphone volume is insanely low (I already boosted it to max values)

I was using older Win like XP, 7, 8 but now with 10, I suddenly have this problem. When I plug the microphone, it asks me if that was a microphone, and obviously I said yes.

After noticing that the sensibility was extremely low I went to the settings (just like I did with older OS) and boosted everything to max (100 Volume, +30%dB).

Now, because of the boost, there is also the white noise boost, in fact I can still hear right now while I am typing this. The problem is despite having all boosted to max (when the white noise is even more louder than the PC's fans) I still can't record a single word from my mouth.

I tried different distances and only 1 was giving some (really weak) result: the mouth touching the microphone, literally.

And I have to scream to reach at least 1/3 of the mic volume. So imagine someone screaming with the mic glued to the mouth, and still hearing at 1/3 of the volume, with +30%db increase.....

I remember talking to like 1 meter from the mic and my team friends were asking me to lower the sensibility. Also at night when I was whispering, the mic was still 40-50cm far away and you could even hear me breathing.

Now I literally have to talk with the mouth attached to the microphone, and the result is still weak.

First I thought it was the headset, but I changed it with a better one and more expensive, and still the same problem. At this points I believe there is something wrong with Windows.

Any idea? I already googled here and there and they all say "boost the volume in proprieties bla bla bla", which is the first thing I did.

I can't understand where is the problem. Headset too old? Windows bugged? Audio input defective?

I repeat if I YELL inside the mic you can hear something very low, but at the moment I move 2-3cm distance from the mic its the equivalent of having it muted.

Any help appreciated! Thanks!

submitted by /u/feedingmybrain
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/feedingmybrain, Sep 26, 2020

2. How to raise microphone volume?

Hi vesvespa, my name is Max and I'm an independent advisor.

I suggest you check your microphone gain level. To do it, try the steps mentioned below:

Right click on Speaker icon (Volume settings) on the Taskbar

Choose Recording Devices

Click on Microphone and open the Properties

Finally, move the slider to choose the level. It will raise the Microphone and Microphone Boost option.

NighthawkX, Sep 26, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Microphone boost goes up to +10db max?

Well, +20db would be typical- I guess that's what wou're expecting...

Considered here, with no solution:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...6-e3f12c2476a3

Figures up to 40dB are mentioned- this shows 30dB..
    How to Boost or Increase Microphone Volume in Windows 10

-which comments:
    Lenovo offers a useful System update tool you should download if you don't already have it,

dalchina, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Microphone volume is insanely low (I already boosted it to max values)

Microphone boost goes up to +10db max?

Is this a hardware limitation? The microphone boost goes up to 10db?

Microphone volume is insanely low (I already boosted it to max values) [​IMG]

Firecatmon, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Microphone volume is insanely low (I already boosted it to max values)

1. Microphone volume is insanely low (I already boosted it to max values) - Similar Threads - Microphone volume insanely

2. Microphone volume is low, even when boosted to 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone volume is low, even when boosted to 100%: I've plugged in multiple microphones, so I know the issue isn't the mic. Please help to solve the issue for the low sounding mic. It's only picking up 29%...
  3. Microphone volume is low, even when boosted to 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone volume is low, even when boosted to 100%: I've plugged in multiple microphones, so I know the issue isn't the mic. Please help to solve the issue for the low sounding mic. It's only picking up 29%...
  4. Low mic volume even with max mic boost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low mic volume even with max mic boost: I need help, the item's microphone sound and boost are at their maximum, but my sound is still very low, I have tried reinstalling the sound card and changing the microphone, but it still doesn't work, I'm using the win10 system, hope someone can help...
  5. Low mic volume even with max mic boost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low mic volume even with max mic boost: I need help, the item's microphone sound and boost are at their maximum, but my sound is still very low, I have tried reinstalling the sound card and changing the microphone, but it still doesn't work, I'm using the win10 system, hope someone can help...
  6. Low mic volume even with max mic boost

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Low volume of microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low volume of microphone: 2 days ago i restarted my entire pc and now i have a problem with microphone. Microphon don't even register my voice and when it does its very quiet. Can someone help?...
  8. Microphone volume is low

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone volume is low: I'm on the latest version of Win10, I have a Soundblaster Z sound card with the latest drivers, a Lenovo WMR headset and an Nvidia 1070, I think that covers all the potential audio devices on the system. Recently I found that my microphone volume was really quiet. I was...
  9. How can I boost my max volume?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I boost my max volume?: I've Googled the shit outta this and it's all crap. I need a genuine, tested way to get more volume so that I can liquefy my brain with music. submitted by /u/SamfriedHamcheese [link] [comments]...
  10. low max volume level

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    low max volume level: I tried FX Sound. The free version does not offer the ability to increase sound level and they say the window cannot be min i minimized. 104351