Windows 10: Microphone Volume Level Auto-Lowering

Discus and support Microphone Volume Level Auto-Lowering in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When switching between default playback devices, the microphone volume level keeps defaulting to 39. I've turned off "Allow Applications to take... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JeffQ2, Mar 3, 2021.

1. JeffQ2 Win User

Microphone Volume Level Auto-Lowering

When switching between default playback devices, the microphone volume level keeps defaulting to 39. I've turned off "Allow Applications to take exclusive control on this device on both playback devices and also the microphone. I've also set "do nothing" when Windows Detects communications Activity.

This didn't use to happen until recently and it was probably some update but I can't pin which or what did it.

Can someone try this and possibly verify with me?

To replicate open:
    Control Panel > Sound > Microphone > Properties > levels
    then
    Change Default playback device from Taskbar dropdown.

If you can't replicate then it's my device specifically and that's no fun.

Anything else I can try?

:)

JeffQ2, Mar 3, 2021
  2. Vicky Acs Win User

Headphones' Microphone Volume Under the "Levels" Tab Disappeared

We suggest that you check the following steps on how to raise the mic volume:

• Check the Speaker icon on the system tray. Right click on it and choose "Recording Devices" menu.
    • This will show Sound window. Go to Recording tab of Sound window, you will notice the microphone which is active that has a green check mark. Right click on the active microphone and select "Properties".
    • You will now see Microphone Properties window. Go to the
      Levels
      tab and you will now see Microphone and
      Microphone Boos
      t. You can use the sliders to modify your volume settings. Click
      OK button to save changes.

Let us know how it works so we can further assist you.

Vicky Acs, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Auto volume leveling in WMP mobile?

I want to know if auto volume leveling works in WMP mobile. If not does anyone have a suggestion to get it working with other software?

umbilicalbungee, Mar 3, 2021
  4. Microphone Volume Level Auto-Lowering

How to raise microphone volume?

Hi vesvespa, my name is Max and I'm an independent advisor.

I suggest you check your microphone gain level. To do it, try the steps mentioned below:

Right click on Speaker icon (Volume settings) on the Taskbar

Choose Recording Devices

Click on Microphone and open the Properties

Finally, move the slider to choose the level. It will raise the Microphone and Microphone Boost option.

NighthawkX, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Microphone Volume Level Auto-Lowering

1. Microphone Volume Level Auto-Lowering - Similar Threads - Microphone Volume Level

2. Microphone auto adjusting volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone auto adjusting volume: Hi, so I've found an issue with the microphone today while using google meet. The others participants were hearing me too loudly, so I decided to lower the microphone volume, but after a few seconds it started increasing the volume again. I already disabled the exclusive...
  3. Microphone Volume Level changing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone Volume Level changing: This problem has persisted for as long as I've been using windows 10 and I have never seen a working fix. My microphone Is plugged in, set to default device in sound control panel and I've set the gain on the microphone itself to where I would like it and have also set the...
  4. Microphone Level self-lowering

Microphone Level self-lowering: [ATTACH] So I have been trying to solve this problem and this is probably my last try onto this. I have a g430 and I connect it with a USB adaptor that already comes with the headset (I use the Logitech G Hub software). So whenever I talk loud, scream, or use the...
  5. Windows automatically lowering my microphone volume.

Windows automatically lowering my microphone volume.: As the title says. Windows is for some reason lowering my microphone input volume. I have no idea when this error started to occur but it's super annoying. Does anyone know how to solve this? submitted by /u/JetCypress [link] [comments]...
  6. Microphone keeps lowering the volume when used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone keeps lowering the volume when used: Hello. So I have this issue with my microphone. When used, the volume is lowered and it sounds muffled. I already unchecked the "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device " from microphone/headset advanced setting panel. Nothing seems to work for me......
  7. Microphone Volume Auto-Adjusting

Microphone Volume Auto-Adjusting: My microphone volume is being auto-adjusted and I can't find why. I have already disabled allow apps to take exclusive control. Confirmed Skype is not set to auto-adjust. Neither is Steam Friends list. Example Image You can see in the example, it starts out high, can...
  8. window10 microphone volume level auto adjust

window10 microphone volume level auto adjust: window10 microphone volume level auto adjust by itself most of time it reset to 100 and last time it adjusted to 87 for the first time it seems like it happens alot when i restart the comptuer but it happened last time during i was working on my computer i tried most of...
  9. Microphone lowering volume

Microphone lowering volume: Well I had some glitches going to update 1909 so I had to reset the computer. Everythings good now except for my microphone. I was talking to some friends in discord and they were telling me that my voice kept lowering until they wouldn't hear me anymore. We all had this...
  10. microphone volume level slider resets to 0

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microphone volume level slider resets to 0: Whenever I try to slide the level of the microphone in the properties to be higher than 0 it resets. This is on a new headset and i've already tried to update the audio drivers and reset my computer.[ATTACH]...