Windows 10: Microphone volume low except on discord

Discus and support Microphone volume low except on discord in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Community,, I've been using my Blue snowball mic for quiet some time without problems when on Discord. Today I tried to record a video where the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Flavour Friend, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Microphone volume low except on discord

Hi Community,,

I've been using my Blue snowball mic for quiet some time without problems when on Discord. Today I tried to record a video where the microphone was extremely low volume. I could only really be heard when my mouth was touching the mic itself. It records my keyboard and mouse clicks just fine, but for some reason my voice isn't picked up.

I went into windows "sound" and enabled "listen to this device" and it's the same, so it's something on windows level and not the software I was using for recording Streamlab OBS.
    However, for some reason when I use the testing function on discord, it sounds great and without any problems. Also tested it with a discord call with no problems, so not sure what is going on.
    Hope you can help me out here!

:)

Flavour Friend, Mar 8, 2021
  2. Paulo GM Win User

Discord Microphone Use Prohibited for No Reason

See if you've missed some steps in setting up microphone for Discord with this article

https://windowsreport.com/discord-mic-not-worki...

Also, you may go to Settings > System > Sound > under Input, select the Microphone then Troubleshoot

Paulo GM, Mar 8, 2021
  3. After reinstalling Windows microphone sound really low.

Hey, I reinstalled Windows two days ago and with that came a problem where my microphone was so low to a point where my mates on Skype/Discord can barely hear me. I've turned the volume to 100 and even bought a new microphone but still the volume is really low. I have tried googling this problem but none of the googled answers worked because I have turned all the levels up and that is not the problem.

My windows version: 1909 (OS build:18363.752).

myrtsinleiffi, Mar 8, 2021
  4. Microphone volume low except on discord

My microphone volume is very low

My microphone volume is very low so no one can hear me i tried but volume is still low and they can't hear me properly

MustansarD, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

Microphone volume low except on discord

1. Microphone volume low except on discord - Similar Threads - Microphone volume low

2. Microphone volume extremely low

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone volume extremely low: After I reset my computer due to hard disk failure. I've experience problem with my microphone. The problem is when I'm on my Teams call, my friends told me that my mic audio is extremely low. Did a test on audacity software and all of my microphone including the built-in on...
  3. Low volume of microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low volume of microphone: 2 days ago i restarted my entire pc and now i have a problem with microphone. Microphon don't even register my voice and when it does its very quiet. Can someone help?...
  4. Low volume of microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Low volume of microphone: 2 days ago i restarted my entire pc and now i have a problem with microphone. Microphon don't even register my voice and when it does its very quiet. Can someone help?...
  5. Microphone Volume Too Low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Volume Too Low: My microphone Audio Device was working just fine until recently but after I reinstalled windows the volume for my mic is very low.What I triedDevice Manager > Sound, video and game controllers > Audio Device > Uninstall device then Reset the PC = No change.Device Manager >...
  6. low volume coming from my microphone except discord which works fine.

in Windows 10 Customization
    low volume coming from my microphone except discord which works fine.: A week ago my microphone was working perfectly and all of a sudden the next day I try playing with my friends from the xbox app using my 6 month old microphone and all of a sudden they say they can't hear me until I put my microphone up really really close. It was really...
  7. Low volume in microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Low volume in microphone: I was using a desktop mic but went to use it, and there was no input received. There seems to be a lot of sound input device options and when I chose the pink front 3.5mm socket, I was able to get some audio input received, but the volume was low. I'm currently using the...
  8. Microphone volume is low

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone volume is low: I'm on the latest version of Win10, I have a Soundblaster Z sound card with the latest drivers, a Lenovo WMR headset and an Nvidia 1070, I think that covers all the potential audio devices on the system. Recently I found that my microphone volume was really quiet. I was...
  9. Microphone Volume is very low

Microphone Volume is very low: I have a user that is having issues with her microphone, I have already checked all windows 10 settings. There is no Microphone Boost option but the volume is set to max, I checked settings in Zoom and the volume is max and input device is correct. I already tried running the...
  10. Low Microphone volume

Low Microphone volume: Hey I had a problem where my whole headset was not getting detected, I uninstalled Realtek Audio Driver from Programs and features now it has detected the headset, but my microphone volume is very low, I maxed out the levels and boost and still it doesn't change anything can...