Windows 10: Microphone volume problem

Discus and support Microphone volume problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use Dragon NaturallySpeaking software to control my computer because of a disability. No matter what I do Windows 10 wants to set the volume level of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MSRadell, Dec 16, 2015.

1. MSRadell Win User

Microphone volume problem

I use Dragon NaturallySpeaking software to control my computer because of a disability. No matter what I do Windows 10 wants to set the volume level of my microphone at 81. I don't have the boxes checked to allow software to take control of the settings although I've also tried that with no positive results. If I reset the level down to 61 my software works perfectly but as soon as it was back up to 81 speech recognition is terrible. Even when I recalibrate the microphone for Dragon by basically shouting at it during the calibration Windows 10 still sets the microphone level at 81. I also tried whispering to see what that does and at that level it also sets the microphone level to 81. Based on this I know that the problem is not caused by Dragon software.

Any ideas on how I can get the blame I will for my microphone to stay set where I wanted would be greatly appreciated!

:)

MSRadell, Dec 16, 2015
  2. ZackWeidl Win User

Windows 10: I pressed do not show this dialog box again when i plugged in my audio device

That information was helpful, Thanks!

A more fundamental problem was the built-in mic not working well, but this was quickly resolved by:

A) Right click on the volume icon in the bottom-right

B) Click "recording devices"

C) Go into the properties of the built-in microphone

D) Make sure the volume is full and the microphone is not muted, and increase the microphone boost

E) Turn off the "Noise Suppression and Acoustic Echo Cancellation"

Hope this helps anyone with a problem with the built-in Microphone!

ZackWeidl, Dec 16, 2015
  3. Cortana responds to "Hey Cortana" but then refuses to recognize the microphone for anything else.

The problem is NOT the microphone: As I explained, every other app on the computer - including MS Voice Recorder - recognizes the microphone. Volume Mixer and Recording Devices both report the microphone as the default device. The problem lies with Cortana.

kerbekerbe, Dec 16, 2015
Thema:

Microphone volume problem

1. Microphone volume problem - Similar Threads - Microphone volume problem

2. Microphone Volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone Volume: Hello. Recently my microphone is slowly becoming worse and whenever i talk the others can hear 5% of the volume for example. I've tried increasing the mic volume but still it doesnt sound good. Maybe its the headphones fault but can someone help me increase the volume of the...
  3. Microphone Volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Volume: Hello. Recently my microphone is slowly becoming worse and whenever i talk the others can hear 5% of the volume for example. I've tried increasing the mic volume but still it doesnt sound good. Maybe its the headphones fault but can someone help me increase the volume of the...
  4. The "microphone volume" setting does not adjust my microphone volume.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The "microphone volume" setting does not adjust my microphone volume.: I had recently gotten a new laptop Dell New G15, and although it works wonderfully, it does not work with my mic well, seeing as how my old laptop did not have this problem.To summarize, my headset microphone is very quiet, and barely anyone can hear me, not even myself. I...
  5. The "microphone volume" setting does not adjust my microphone volume.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The "microphone volume" setting does not adjust my microphone volume.: I had recently gotten a new laptop Dell New G15, and although it works wonderfully, it does not work with my mic well, seeing as how my old laptop did not have this problem.To summarize, my headset microphone is very quiet, and barely anyone can hear me, not even myself. I...
  6. microphone volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microphone volume: microphone volume level slider stuck at 0. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-volume/dcce4ca4-5973-40f8-bb90-783194e65c9e
  7. Problem with low volume laptop microphone.

Problem with low volume laptop microphone.: I have been having problems with low volume on my laptop microphone. I have run the troubleshooter which says it couldn't find a problem. The mic volumes and db boost are up to 100 % but my voice still barely registers. The only thing that I can find is the following...
  8. Problem with microphone volume

Problem with microphone volume: I have a Blue Snowball mic connected to my desktop. When looking at the Settings, it is working but I am unable to get more volume out of it even though I have the Sound level at 100%. This has been a problem since the last update that occurred a couple of days ago. On my...
  9. Microphone Volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone Volume: I'm trying to fix my microphone volume and yes, I did go into control panels recording, levels, etc... But after I put in the values for the microphone volume it keeps changing back to the default values. Any solutions to lock the volume? submitted by /u/DogEater694206912...
  10. Microphone Volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone Volume: So the microphone I currently use is the Blue Yeti. To remove the background noise, I raise the gain on my microphone and change the windows 10 microphone settings to about 25 - 50%. Randomly, the levels on windows 10 reset back to 100%. This causes my friends to hear me in a...