Windows 10: Microphone Volume Swings

Discus and support Microphone Volume Swings in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It's been a while since it started. My microphone keeps auto-adjusting, lowering down, and everytime it does, anybody who listens to me can barely hear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vic_the_slav_one, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Microphone Volume Swings

It's been a while since it started. My microphone keeps auto-adjusting, lowering down, and everytime it does, anybody who listens to me can barely hear me, so everytime I have to manually set it to high volume in order to be heard.

I tried anything that I could read of on google... with no change whatsoever.

submitted by /u/vic_the_slav_one
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vic_the_slav_one, Mar 3, 2021

2. How to raise microphone volume?

Hi vesvespa, my name is Max and I'm an independent advisor.

I suggest you check your microphone gain level. To do it, try the steps mentioned below:

Right click on Speaker icon (Volume settings) on the Taskbar

Choose Recording Devices

Click on Microphone and open the Properties

Finally, move the slider to choose the level. It will raise the Microphone and Microphone Boost option.

NighthawkX, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Mar 3, 2021
  4. Vicky Acs Win User

Microphone Volume Swings

Headphones' Microphone Volume Under the "Levels" Tab Disappeared

We suggest that you check the following steps on how to raise the mic volume:

• Check the Speaker icon on the system tray. Right click on it and choose "Recording Devices" menu.
    • This will show Sound window. Go to Recording tab of Sound window, you will notice the microphone which is active that has a green check mark. Right click on the active microphone and select "Properties".
    • You will now see Microphone Properties window. Go to the
      Levels
      tab and you will now see Microphone and
      Microphone Boos
      t. You can use the sliders to modify your volume settings. Click
      OK button to save changes.

Let us know how it works so we can further assist you.

Vicky Acs, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Microphone Volume Swings

1. Microphone Volume Swings - Similar Threads - Microphone Volume Swings

2. Microphone Volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone Volume: Hello. Recently my microphone is slowly becoming worse and whenever i talk the others can hear 5% of the volume for example. I've tried increasing the mic volume but still it doesnt sound good. Maybe its the headphones fault but can someone help me increase the volume of the...
  3. Microphone Volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone Volume: Hello. Recently my microphone is slowly becoming worse and whenever i talk the others can hear 5% of the volume for example. I've tried increasing the mic volume but still it doesnt sound good. Maybe its the headphones fault but can someone help me increase the volume of the...
  4. The "microphone volume" setting does not adjust my microphone volume.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The "microphone volume" setting does not adjust my microphone volume.: I had recently gotten a new laptop Dell New G15, and although it works wonderfully, it does not work with my mic well, seeing as how my old laptop did not have this problem.To summarize, my headset microphone is very quiet, and barely anyone can hear me, not even myself. I...
  5. The "microphone volume" setting does not adjust my microphone volume.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The "microphone volume" setting does not adjust my microphone volume.: I had recently gotten a new laptop Dell New G15, and although it works wonderfully, it does not work with my mic well, seeing as how my old laptop did not have this problem.To summarize, my headset microphone is very quiet, and barely anyone can hear me, not even myself. I...
  6. Low volume of microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Low volume of microphone: 2 days ago i restarted my entire pc and now i have a problem with microphone. Microphon don't even register my voice and when it does its very quiet. Can someone help?...
  7. microphone volume

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    microphone volume: microphone volume level slider stuck at 0. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-volume/dcce4ca4-5973-40f8-bb90-783194e65c9e
  8. Microphone volume is low

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone volume is low: I'm on the latest version of Win10, I have a Soundblaster Z sound card with the latest drivers, a Lenovo WMR headset and an Nvidia 1070, I think that covers all the potential audio devices on the system. Recently I found that my microphone volume was really quiet. I was...
  9. Microphone Volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone Volume: I'm trying to fix my microphone volume and yes, I did go into control panels recording, levels, etc... But after I put in the values for the microphone volume it keeps changing back to the default values. Any solutions to lock the volume? submitted by /u/DogEater694206912...
  10. Microphone Volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone Volume: So the microphone I currently use is the Blue Yeti. To remove the background noise, I raise the gain on my microphone and change the windows 10 microphone settings to about 25 - 50%. Randomly, the levels on windows 10 reset back to 100%. This causes my friends to hear me in a...