Windows 10: Microphone Volume

Discus and support Microphone Volume in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So the microphone I currently use is the Blue Yeti. To remove the background noise, I raise the gain on my microphone and change the windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by iHeal, Jul 21, 2019.

1. iHeal Win User

Microphone Volume

So the microphone I currently use is the Blue Yeti. To remove the background noise, I raise the gain on my microphone and change the windows 10 microphone settings to about 25 - 50%. Randomly, the levels on windows 10 reset back to 100%. This causes my friends to hear me in a very loud voice and distorted causing their ears to hurt for a moment. When recording videos, my voice is very loud and distorted. Every few hours I have to reset my levels back to my desired percentage.

NOTE: I have already looked up solutions on this topic, and people say to turn off "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device"

While it is off, I am still getting this problem of levels going back to 100%

Is there a fix to this? Maybe a registry edit to turn this off?

:)

iHeal, Jul 21, 2019

2. How to raise microphone volume?

Hi vesvespa, my name is Max and I'm an independent advisor.

I suggest you check your microphone gain level. To do it, try the steps mentioned below:

Right click on Speaker icon (Volume settings) on the Taskbar

Choose Recording Devices

Click on Microphone and open the Properties

Finally, move the slider to choose the level. It will raise the Microphone and Microphone Boost option.

NighthawkX, Jul 21, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jul 21, 2019
  4. Vicky Acs Win User

Microphone Volume

Headphones' Microphone Volume Under the "Levels" Tab Disappeared

We suggest that you check the following steps on how to raise the mic volume:

• Check the Speaker icon on the system tray. Right click on it and choose "Recording Devices" menu.
    • This will show Sound window. Go to Recording tab of Sound window, you will notice the microphone which is active that has a green check mark. Right click on the active microphone and select "Properties".
    • You will now see Microphone Properties window. Go to the
      Levels
      tab and you will now see Microphone and
      Microphone Boos
      t. You can use the sliders to modify your volume settings. Click
      OK button to save changes.

Let us know how it works so we can further assist you.

Vicky Acs, Jul 21, 2019
Thema:

Microphone Volume

1. Microphone Volume - Similar Threads - Microphone Volume

2. Win 11 - Microphone input volume / Sensitivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 - Microphone input volume / Sensitivity: Hi,I'm having some microphone issues. the input volume is VERY quiet, i have to shout in order for the mini mixer bar next to the microphone in more sound options to even pick up that I'm speaking, using the 'Test' your microphone" within 'Sound properties' gets back a “1% of...
  3. Win 11 - Microphone input volume / Sensitivity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 - Microphone input volume / Sensitivity: Hi,I'm having some microphone issues. the input volume is VERY quiet, i have to shout in order for the mini mixer bar next to the microphone in more sound options to even pick up that I'm speaking, using the 'Test' your microphone" within 'Sound properties' gets back a “1% of...
  4. My microphone's volume is too low

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone's volume is too low: Hello,So basically my headset's microphone audio is too low and its really strange, because some days ago it was perfectly fine. I`m pretty sure my headset isn`t broken, because it works well while connected to other devices. I've already tried some possible solutions:-...
  5. My microphone's volume is too low

My microphone's volume is too low: Hello,So basically my headset's microphone audio is too low and its really strange, because some days ago it was perfectly fine. I`m pretty sure my headset isn`t broken, because it works well while connected to other devices. I've already tried some possible solutions:-...
  6. How do I raise my microphone volume?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I raise my microphone volume?: I use a wired headset with a microphone built into it and whenever I try to record my voice, the audio from the microphone is very low or none at all. I tried everything I could, including raising recording volume from the control panel, but now it won't pick up audio from my...
  7. How do I raise my microphone volume?

How do I raise my microphone volume?: I use a wired headset with a microphone built into it and whenever I try to record my voice, the audio from the microphone is very low or none at all. I tried everything I could, including raising recording volume from the control panel, but now it won't pick up audio from my...
  8. I found "Microphone iPhone hands-free HF Audio" in the Volume Mixer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I found "Microphone iPhone hands-free HF Audio" in the Volume Mixer: I installed the Phone Link app on my Windows 11 system a while ago and it now works quite good.As I was looking in the Windows settings of SystemSoundVolume mixer these days, as I was searching how / if Phone Link could be configured, I found an entry under Apps called...
  9. I found "Microphone iPhone hands-free HF Audio" in the Volume Mixer

I found "Microphone iPhone hands-free HF Audio" in the Volume Mixer: I installed the Phone Link app on my Windows 11 system a while ago and it now works quite good.As I was looking in the Windows settings of SystemSoundVolume mixer these days, as I was searching how / if Phone Link could be configured, I found an entry under Apps called...
  10. Headset volume decreases/degrades when using built in microphone on Windows 11

Headset volume decreases/degrades when using built in microphone on Windows 11: Hi. I am having an issue where my headset volume decreases/degrades when using the built in microphone. The problem occurs when using my Sony WH-1000XM4 connected via Bluetooth. If I connect a wired headset, this problem does not seem to occur. My operating system is Windows...