Windows 10: Microphone went REALLY quiet suddenly... help!

Discus and support Microphone went REALLY quiet suddenly... help! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My microphone suddenly went really quiet and my friends can hardly hear me through calls on discord. I don't have a clue what's happened - can anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Noah Fairfield, Mar 24, 2019.

1. Microphone went REALLY quiet suddenly... help!

My microphone suddenly went really quiet and my friends can hardly hear me through calls on discord. I don't have a clue what's happened - can anyone help me please? I'm panicking D:

:)

Noah Fairfield, Mar 24, 2019

2. Microphone keeps going really quiet

I've had a problem for a few months now, where my microphone 'randomly' becomes really quiet for a reason i don't know. I first noticed the problem in discord, but its also been occurring with other applications so its not a Discord problem. it goes quiet
    for a random amount of time, before reverting back 2 normal, only for a few seconds, which makes it almost impossible to talk to people with.

I've tried a few things. Such as:

• Updating audio drivers from device manager.
    • Turned off all of the 'Exclusive Mode' options
    • boosting my microphone to try and counteract going quiet (didn't help)
    • buying a brand new headset. (The ARCTIS 3 - Arctis 3 Gaming Headset)
    if anyone can help, it would be very appreciated as its been bugging me for a while now. Thanks

(also, i'm using windows 10)

jack o'shaughnessy, Mar 24, 2019
  3. Citrus Win User
    Microphone extremely quiet

So for some odd reason, microphone input is really quiet.

I'm using Asus ROG Strix B350-F Gaming as my board so the microphone is being plugged into that. I've tried putting microphone boost and levels to 100% but the input is still really really quiet, if you're lucky you can hear a whisper if you're shouting down the mic.

I've tested the mic on other devices like my phone and it works fine but for some odd reason my desktop isn't being nice about it.

This is darn annoying and a massive inconvenience.

Things I've tried -
    Uninstalled realtek and re-installed the latest driver
    Set microphone boost and levels to max
    Tested with 'Disable all sound effects' on and off

I'm out of luck at this point and I'm not entirely sure where to go from this. I'd love to get this fixed so some advice/help would be appreciated, thank you.

Citrus, Mar 24, 2019
  4. Microphone went REALLY quiet suddenly... help!

Windows 10 problem - microphone too quiet.

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

Pleas follow the steps to run Microphone troubleshooter.

• Type troubleshooting in search.
    • Open it and click on view all on left side.
    • Find Recording Audio and run it and check if it helps.
    One more thing I would suggest you to check in program and features if you have any sound or recording application installed by Lenovo.

If yes I suggest either disable it or remove it and check if it helps.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anusha

Anusha Verma, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

Microphone went REALLY quiet suddenly... help!

1. Microphone went REALLY quiet suddenly... help! - Similar Threads - Microphone went REALLY

2. Microphone is really quiet even with 100% boost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone is really quiet even with 100% boost: I got a new pc the other day and new headphones, this issued also persisted with my old pc and old headphones, but I can hear everything just fine, but my microphone never seems to be consistently picking up anything. I've tried things from troubleshooter, to reinstalling...
  3. Microphone is really quiet even with 100% boost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone is really quiet even with 100% boost: I got a new pc the other day and new headphones, this issued also persisted with my old pc and old headphones, but I can hear everything just fine, but my microphone never seems to be consistently picking up anything. I've tried things from troubleshooter, to reinstalling...
  4. Microphone is really quiet even when boosted to 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone is really quiet even when boosted to 100%: I recently got a new pc and when I tried to set my mic up I noticed I sounded really quite. When I went to boost to I set it all the way up to 100% and even then when I tested it it was still said only 0%-2% of total volume. I've checked and confirmed it's not my microphone...
  5. Microphone is really quiet even when boosted to 100%

Microphone is really quiet even when boosted to 100%: I recently got a new pc and when I tried to set my mic up I noticed I sounded really quite. When I went to boost to I set it all the way up to 100% and even then when I tested it it was still said only 0%-2% of total volume. I've checked and confirmed it's not my microphone...
  6. Microphone is really quiet even though the mic volume is at 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone is really quiet even though the mic volume is at 100%: My mic became really quiet but I don't know why I can show you screenshots if you likeThanksGunn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-really-quiet-even-though-the-mic/00466f25-b4a2-44d8-830a-7c4d27b728dd
  7. Microphone is really quiet even though the mic volume is at 100%

Microphone is really quiet even though the mic volume is at 100%: My mic became really quiet but I don't know why I can show you screenshots if you likeThanksGunn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-really-quiet-even-though-the-mic/00466f25-b4a2-44d8-830a-7c4d27b728dd
  8. Microphone Quiet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Quiet: So recently I tried joining a discord call and my mic wasn't going through. My first instinct is to check if it's using the wrong mic, even though there's no other mic it could be using. In this menu, I notice that my computer is picking up my mic, but it's just so quiet that...
  9. My microphone is really quiet

in Windows 10 Customization
    My microphone is really quiet: HELP NEEDED I got a new mic and it was working fine until recently, i got a new mic because of this problem, but it has come back. recently my microphone went really quiet, people can still hear me but i'm having to put my mic virtually in my mouth whilst shouting for them...
  10. Microphone suddenly too quiet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone suddenly too quiet: My microphone was working just fine yesterday, but now my friends are describing it as being like communicating through two cans and a string. I rebooted my PC twice, fiddled in the settings, and no dice. My mic works good on my phone. I told my dad about the issue and he...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. need microphone boost just to hear

2. microphone suddenly quiet

3. windows 10 microphone too quite

4. is a steel series mic quit,
  5. zoom really quiet,
  6. zoom mic has gone quiet,
  7. razer mic suddenly quiet,
  8. nowball mic suddenly Quiet,
  9. microphone randomly quiet,
  10. mic turned really quite all of a sudden,
  11. zoom microphone very quiet,