Windows 10: microphone won't change sample rate.

Discus and support microphone won't change sample rate. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i tried to change my microphone's sample rate back to CD quality because when i switched to DVD quality it stopped working. but it wont change back.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by HyperEnergyYT, Sep 5, 2019.

1. microphone won't change sample rate.

i tried to change my microphone's sample rate back to CD quality because when i switched to DVD quality it stopped working. but it wont change back. when i try to change it back it says error! format not supported by the device. here is a screenshot: microphone won't change sample rate. 361e6a25-032b-47cb-ba4d-b982e6394a4e?upload=true.jpg

:)

HyperEnergyYT, Sep 5, 2019

2. Microphone Sample Rate

Hi Octo. This is usually because your microphone/speakers/etc do not actually support higher sample rates, so it automatically changes back. AKA even if you had studio quality, it wouldnt change at all.

Zackary Vanosdol, Sep 5, 2019
  3. PetriVKN Win User
    Microphone Sample rate won't apply/change

Hi,

I just freshly installed Windows 10 Pro. For some reason al my Microphone inputs are forced to a sample rate of 8000 Hz (Telephone quality). I am able to change it to my prefered sample rate, but when clicking apply, it doesn't apply. Once I open
    the advanced settings again it has been set backt to 8000hz.

I've tried reinstalling windows, installing drivers, audio troubleshooting, nothing seems to work.

I am currently on Windows 10 Pro version 1809.

Does anyone know what to do?

Thanks in advance.

PetriVKN, Sep 5, 2019
  4. microphone won't change sample rate.

Microphone Sample Rate

when i change my mic sample rate in the settings it always goes back to DVD quality instead of Studio quality. Why does it do that?

OctoCubbl3z, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

microphone won't change sample rate.

1. microphone won't change sample rate. - Similar Threads - microphone won't change

2. Sampling rate and microphone volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sampling rate and microphone volume: I noticed strange glitches/bugs.I am using bluetooth headphones.When I take them out of the case, I have the playback sample rate set to 44100Hz.If I restart the laptop, or just turn Bluetooth off and on, the playback frequency is set to 48000Hz.And I can't change the...
  3. Sampling rate and microphone volume

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sampling rate and microphone volume: I noticed strange glitches/bugs.I am using bluetooth headphones.When I take them out of the case, I have the playback sample rate set to 44100Hz.If I restart the laptop, or just turn Bluetooth off and on, the playback frequency is set to 48000Hz.And I can't change the...
  4. Sample Rate on Microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sample Rate on Microphone: So a few months ago when I got my new headset I optimized the sample rate to be higher. But then someone unplugged my headphones and when I went to plug them back and optimize the microphone again the sample rate was somewhat lower and the max I could go was DVD quality when...
  5. Change the microphone sample rate in the command prompt?

Change the microphone sample rate in the command prompt?: how do I change the microphone sample rate to 48000hz in windows 10 command prompt? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-the-microphone-sample-rate-in-the-command/aad86745-792d-472f-ac06-618c0d7764ca
  6. Can't Change Microphone Default Sample Rate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't Change Microphone Default Sample Rate: I just reinstalled Windows 10 YESTERDAY and haven't even finished installing the software I use and I'm running into problems. I need to have control over my sound settings and I can't change my microphone rate, it's grayed out. See photo attachments. I have uninstalled...
  7. Microphone sample rate

Microphone sample rate: I don't know why after update i have only 44100 and 48000hz. Before i had 192000hz and it vanished. It sucks because i have pretty good microphone, but because of 48000 sample rate the quality is poor. Thx for help...
  8. Can't change microphone sample rate.

Can't change microphone sample rate.: Hello, I use multiple apps that use my microphone and recently I got a better one. The apps I use require either 41100Hz or 48000Hz, but I cant change mine from 192000Hz in the advanced microphone settings. The drop-down box is shaded and I can't interact with it. It gives...
  9. Microphone Sample rate won't apply/change

Microphone Sample rate won't apply/change: Hi, I just freshly installed Windows 10 Pro. For some reason al my Microphone inputs are forced to a sample rate of 8000 Hz (Telephone quality). I am able to change it to my prefered sample rate, but when clicking apply, it doesn't apply. Once I open the advanced settings...
  10. Microphone Sample Rate

Microphone Sample Rate: when i change my mic sample rate in the settings it always goes back to DVD quality instead of Studio quality. Why does it do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/microphone-sample-rate/50f5819d-41df-4300-a274-456979f4769b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Change the sound output rate to 44100 hz

2. cant change microphone usb refresh rate