Windows 10: Microphone wont show in recording devices

Discus and support Microphone wont show in recording devices in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello my computer decided to go AWOL and it started giving me troubles with my recording devices, i am unable to enable or disable my other mics i have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by xxJimmycampxx, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Microphone wont show in recording devices

Hello my computer decided to go AWOL and it started giving me troubles with my recording devices, i am unable to enable or disable my other mics i have in there. The previous mic i use is also absent from the recording devices tab but shows up in the device manager. I tried updating drivers and they are already up to date, i have tried to restart the audio service and still doesn't work, i have even tried resetting my computer but the reset fails so ill have to try a disk reset, i have also tried updating the operating system entirely and it doesn't work, and then i tried to scan for viruses and malware using various antivirus but nothing fixes it and it is really troubling me that i cant get it to work.

Microphone wont show in recording devices 3281bcf2-cf29-4eae-9daf-f935f5979ac5?upload=true.png <----Recording devices | Device manager -> Microphone wont show in recording devices 5576b0b7-b3fb-4771-9579-0dba6c4fc7be?upload=true.png

:)

xxJimmycampxx, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Chuck38 Win User

Headset microphone not recording when headset is default audio device

Have you checked to see if the microphone is disabled?

To make sure that the microphone is not disabled, please follow the steps below.
    a. Right click on the volume icon and select Recording devices.
    b. Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, Show disconnected devices and Show disabled
    devices.
    c. Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

Chuck38, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Jess Can Win User
    Jess Can, Sep 6, 2018
  4. iBSODed Win User

Microphone wont show in recording devices

Headset microphone not recording when headset is default audio device

It is not disabled no, apologies for the late reply.

iBSODed, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Microphone wont show in recording devices

1. Microphone wont show in recording devices - Similar Threads - Microphone wont show

2. microphone randomly disconnected and wont show up in input devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microphone randomly disconnected and wont show up in input devices: I got my zealsound microphone about 3 months ago. Worked fine until a day or two ago, when it randomly disconnected. It no longer shows up on my input devices menu at all. Ive tried replugging in every part of the microphone, and it seems to have power as the light is on. I...
  3. microphone randomly disconnected and wont show up in input devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microphone randomly disconnected and wont show up in input devices: I got my zealsound microphone about 3 months ago. Worked fine until a day or two ago, when it randomly disconnected. It no longer shows up on my input devices menu at all. Ive tried replugging in every part of the microphone, and it seems to have power as the light is on. I...
  4. Why wont my microphone appear in recording devices in sound control panel?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why wont my microphone appear in recording devices in sound control panel?: I'm using a USB microphone called JBL quantum chat its a headset . It is supposed to appear in my input or recording devices as JBL quantum chat but it doesn't. For some reason it does work occasionally. The audio works, but the microphone dosent I also figured out that its...
  5. Why wont my microphone appear in recording devices in sound control panel?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why wont my microphone appear in recording devices in sound control panel?: I'm using a USB microphone called JBL quantum chat its a headset . It is supposed to appear in my input or recording devices as JBL quantum chat but it doesn't. For some reason it does work occasionally. The audio works, but the microphone dosent I also figured out that its...
  6. Why wont my microphone appear in recording devices in sound control panel?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. my headset microphone is not showing in recording

my headset microphone is not showing in recording: I'm using the HyperX Cloud Stinger headset. Instead of my computer using my headset microphone, it was using the one inbuilt into my laptop. I went to recording to switch devices and my headset didn't show. I tried running multiple troubleshooters and reset my drivers with...
  8. External microphone not showing in the Recording tab

External microphone not showing in the Recording tab: My Windows 10 laptop is not recognizing any external microphones. I have two headsets: a Bluetooth one and one for an audio jack. Both headsets work correctly on other devices. When I connect the headsets to my computer, I can hear audio, but the microphones do not work....
  9. Headset microphone not showing up in Recording Devices

Headset microphone not showing up in Recording Devices: Hi, my son has done a Windows 10 update a few days ago on his PC and since then the microphone on his headset is not working. We have tried all the fixes like uninstalling and reinstalling the audio drives but it simply has stopped working and it was working fine before the...
  10. Microphone not showing in Recording Devices

Microphone not showing in Recording Devices: I'm attempting to plug in a SADES SA-708 headset into my onboard microphone jack. The only thing that appears in my recording devices is Digital Audio (S/PDIF) and I cannot get the microphone to show up. I have a Intel D975XBX2 and cannot find any drivers for anything really....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. show recording devices

2. mic not showing up in recording devices on windows 10 on laptop

3. recording devices wont show in task bar

4. microphone is not shown in recording devices,
  5. computer not showing microphone in recording devices