Windows 10: MICROPHONE Won't show up anywhere

Discus and support MICROPHONE Won't show up anywhere in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; About a week ago my microphone stopped showing up anywhere, I checked all cables multiple times and nothing was loose. I also just got this microphone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JasonCromer, Feb 6, 2021.

1. MICROPHONE Won't show up anywhere

About a week ago my microphone stopped showing up anywhere, I checked all cables multiple times and nothing was loose. I also just got this microphone 2 months ago. I thought I had messed up settings or downloaded some weird USB software so I used a restore point from that 10 days ago. When my computer booted back up I opened CCleaner and it went dark and wouldn't exit so I turned my computer off and back on. When it came back up it said "Couldn't turn on restarting for you." or something like that and then turned off. When it turned back on it went to windows help blue screen and wouldn't let me do anything. Couldn't use a different restore point, couldn't go straight to windows 10, nothing. I tried everything I could and ended up throwing windows on a USB and restarting the whole thing redownloading windows and everything. Even after all of that my microphone still didn't show up. I thought maybe it was broken somehow and might have to get a new one. Then while I was downloading a Realtek audio driver since the video I watched led me to believe I needed one, the microphone showed back up and started working. When I turned off my computer for the night and turned it on the next day, nothing again. No microphone, and the Realtek audio driver I JUST DOWNLOADED, didn't even show up. I downloaded Realtek again and the microphone still didn't work, and Realtek still never showed up. later that day I wasn't really doing anything and it started working again. Then not surprisingly didn't work the next time I got on. Everytime I search it up no one seems to have the issue, its either the HEADSET MIC isn't working or something else. The one video I did find that had that problem was a guy who kept talking about focusrite usb which I had nothing of. So at this point I don't know what to do can someone help?

:)

JasonCromer, Feb 6, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Feb 6, 2021
  3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Feb 6, 2021
  4. MICROPHONE Won't show up anywhere

Microphone not showing up

Hi,

Normally, the issue you're getting with the microphone not showing up is caused by compatibility issues or that there are drivers that are not up to date. To isolate your concern, we'd like to know if your microphone was already enabled. To check this, follow
    the steps listed below:

• Right-click on the volume icon and select Recording devices.
    • Right-click on an empty space inside the window and select, Show disconnected devices and
      Show disabled devices.
    • Right-click on Microphone and select Properties and make sure that the microphone is enabled.
    • Check if the other microphone that you are using is set as default.

Feel free to post back for an update and let us know if you need more help.

Eileen Gal, Feb 6, 2021
Thema:

MICROPHONE Won't show up anywhere

1. MICROPHONE Won't show up anywhere - Similar Threads - MICROPHONE Won't show

2. Cloud printer is showing as installed but is not showing up anywhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloud printer is showing as installed but is not showing up anywhere: This printer says its installed but is not found anywhere on the computer.Not in print management, settings, or registry editor.What would cause this and how could I fix it?ThanksChrisPic related...
  3. Cloud printer is showing as installed but is not showing up anywhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cloud printer is showing as installed but is not showing up anywhere: This printer says its installed but is not found anywhere on the computer.Not in print management, settings, or registry editor.What would cause this and how could I fix it?ThanksChrisPic related...
  4. Bluetooth not showing up anywhere

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth not showing up anywhere: I googled and tried a lot of different things, I even found an old post with someone having a similar issue. I tried what someone recommended for that person to try. Basically, I used to play PES with my cousin using my ps4 controllers, today I try to do that and I noticed...
  5. Headset not showing up anywhere.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset not showing up anywhere.: I have recently bought a new headset and connected it in to the headphone + microphone jacks, but it doesn't show up as a device. It doesn't show up as a disabled device either, it is nowhere to be found. It still plays sound, it's just that the microphone doesn't show up...
  6. my headset's microphone is not showing up anywhere.

my headset's microphone is not showing up anywhere.: I recently bought an Alienware Aw310h headset, and plugged it into my ALienware M17 r3's headphone jack. But, the microphone is not showing up. Is there something I can do with the computer, or do I need to buy a usb adapter and the splitter cable provided?...
  7. HardDrive not showing up anywhere

HardDrive not showing up anywhere: I just installed windows onto my new ssd but my harddrive doesnt show up anywhere. ive checked the BIOS its not there and ive checked the Disc Management and its still not there please help asap...
  8. Headset microphone not showing up anywhere on Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset microphone not showing up anywhere on Windows 10.: I am using a windows 10 laptop and am trying to set my audio up, but for some reason the microphone doesn't show up anywhere. I've installed the Realtek Audio Driver and troubleshooted,but the microphone from my headsets doesn't show up anywhere, just my webcam microphone....
  9. WiFi Networks Don't Show Up Anywhere

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi Networks Don't Show Up Anywhere: I've been having BSoD problems recently, so I decided to make a scan using sfc /scannow in the command prompt. Due to some complications I had to close the window midway, and since then I'm not able to connect to wireless networks. On the network list on the lower right,...
  10. Start-up Programs not showing up anywhere in Windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start-up Programs not showing up anywhere in Windows: Recently i installed a new VPN software on my pc, but i noticed that it runs up whenever i power up my pc after every shutdown, so i decided to disable that feature from the program's settings, but there wasn't anything in the program to do that, then i decided to disable it...