Windows 10: microphone wont work its detected but no programs will work.

Discus and support microphone wont work its detected but no programs will work. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hello. i was using my microphones just fine an hour ago and suddenly it stopped working. i use a windows 10 pro laptop and it just stopped with no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by comando0110, Jan 5, 2019.

1. microphone wont work its detected but no programs will work.

hello. i was using my microphones just fine an hour ago and suddenly it stopped working. i use a windows 10 pro laptop and it just stopped with no explanation.

i have tried running troubleshooters, updating drivers, allowing my mic for use in privacy settings. a few other things but nothing works so far. the microphone works by the way. the strange thing is even my laptop build in mic does not work.

now you might thing of a laptop hardware problem but there actually is a single thing within windows that actually seems to reconize my microphone. when i right click my volume icon in the bottom left corner and click sounds, i can click on the recording tab and see the bar indicating that both my plugged in microphone and my laptop microphones still function.

i have tried many sugestions this is so puzzling. as i said, even my computer seems to know that my mics work but no apps do. i went to provacy settings and enabled mic for all my apps.

:)

comando0110, Jan 5, 2019
  2. makesense Win User

Windows 10 No microphone will work

Sorry about the long response time. Work sucks sometime.

I tried both a headset microphone and the usb microphone on another Windows 10 computer. It did not pick up any microphone signal and was showing the same emulated sound output as I noted before.

That is what is really bothering me. Both computers detect the microphones, yet output is being directed to them as well as any plugged in speaker/headphone.

makesense, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Microphone not detected

I've run it, it says the problem was 'Generic audio driver'. But I don't actually feel any problems on playing audios. My problem was about external microphones not detected, this laptop wont detect any external microphones
    plugged in, it will always use the internal microphone. I've done the troubleshoot (recording audio) and the troubleshoot said they can't detect the problem.

M. Nabil Mu'afa, Jan 5, 2019
  4. microphone wont work its detected but no programs will work.

External microphones detected but not working

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing with External microphone. I will surely help you.

I suggest you to run a Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Please follow the below mentioned steps to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Search for Troubleshooting in the
      Search box
      , and run it.
    • Select view all in the left pane of troubleshooting Window.
    • Click on the Hardware and Devices, and follow the
      on-screen instructions.

Please reach back to us if you still face difficulty with external microphone. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

microphone wont work its detected but no programs will work.

1. microphone wont work its detected but no programs will work. - Similar Threads - microphone wont detected

2. Microphone detected, but not working in programs.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone detected, but not working in programs.: I'm trying to use my microphone in programs such as Audacity and Discord, but it's not working. It detects voice activity in the settings, though. I've tried different mics, nothing. I've restarted and shut down my laptop 3 times, nada. Microphone access IS turned on in the...
  3. Microphone detected, but not working in programs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone detected, but not working in programs.: I'm trying to use my microphone in programs such as Audacity and Discord, but it's not working. It detects voice activity in the settings, though. I've tried different mics, nothing. I've restarted and shut down my laptop 3 times, nada. Microphone access IS turned on in the...
  4. Microphone detected, but not working in programs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. microphone detected but not working

microphone detected but not working: no audio input detected in my windows 10 and skype. I tried zoom and it would be same issue. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-detected-but-not-working/16d4baad-31ce-454d-9e4d-9f86156f7e77
  6. Microphone is detected but not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone is detected but not working: My mic is working in other device, however in my dell laptop it was detected but no output sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-detected-but-not-working/0a86784e-a23d-48b4-9150-3939c6c2e442
  7. Microphone is detected but not working

Microphone is detected but not working: My mic is working in other device, however in my dell laptop it was detected but no output sound. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-is-detected-but-not-working/0a86784e-a23d-48b4-9150-3939c6c2e442
  8. Microphone detected, but not working in programs

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone detected, but not working in programs: When I try to use my microphone in Discord or Steam games, there is no input. Apparently, they detect the mic, but they don't pick up any sound. When I listen to the device though, I can hear my voice. submitted by /u/MinxV2 [link] [comments]...
  9. Microphone wont work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone wont work: I have a problem where my microphone wont send out any sound to discord and i have tried using google meet where the same problem occurs. One of my mics in discord sends out the sound that i have on my desctop like sound on youtube. But my other mics wont work(there is 3)....
  10. Microphone wont work

in Cortana
    Microphone wont work: My microphone can't hear me. I have gone through all diagnostics but still nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-wont-work/626f3ab5-af9c-4f0a-8a70-f72cd17eb83e