Windows 10: Microphone works but not in applications

Discus and support Microphone works but not in applications in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, My microphone doesn't work properly for about a week now. Since then i followed several instructions and went over every setting i stumbled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DomiKoh, Jul 30, 2020.

1. DomiKoh Win User

Microphone works but not in applications

Hello,

My microphone doesn't work properly for about a week now.

Since then i followed several instructions and went over every setting i stumbled upon.

In the Sound Settings the microphone looks just normal

Microphone works but not in applications 8cc217a2-6a08-4dbe-917f-2cbdf582ebcc?upload=true.png

but even in the Mic-Configuration Application there is no sound detected
    no software detects the mic except for the sound settings & the sound systemsettings

Microphone works but not in applications 43a86f90-7802-49c6-a79b-a5507ba1a008?upload=true.png

I went over:

- reinstalling the driver both automated and manually
    - using 1 older driver version
    - Mic-Privacy Settings
    - Mic-Exclusive-Usage Setting
    - even went into regedit and checked several settings
    - installing latest windows update

I hope you can help me out :

I already spent hours trying things people recommended online

Greetings,

DK

:)

DomiKoh, Jul 30, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jul 30, 2020
  3. microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Jen.Q Win User

Microphone not working

Hi IlijanKrajinović,

My name is Jen a fellow Windows 10 user and an Independent Advisor. You mentioned that you checked control panel and the microphone is working. Have you tried recording using the microphone or use it on a different application to isolate if the problem is only
    happening on a specific application?

Check this article and see if the suggested troubleshooting steps work for you.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/403488...

Best regards,

Jen

Jen.Q, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

1. Microphone works but not in applications - Similar Threads - Microphone works applications

2. Microphone not working for certain applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone not working for certain applications: Hi I am Joshua.I use an Windows 11 Laptop, and I had been experiencing some issues with the Bluetooth microphones At first, they were working well, but later, A Microsoft visual c++ library error, "Assertion Failed", popped up.From that point, microphone is not working in the...
  3. Microphone not working for certain applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone not working for certain applications: Hi I am Joshua.I use an Windows 11 Laptop, and I had been experiencing some issues with the Bluetooth microphones At first, they were working well, but later, A Microsoft visual c++ library error, "Assertion Failed", popped up.From that point, microphone is not working in the...
  4. Microphone does not work with applications.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone does not work with applications.: I've had issues with my built-in microphone in my laptop for a while now. I use a Samsung Galaxy Book Pro. The microphone works only in the browser for some reason, and although I do get the icon in my taskbar when I use it with apps, the app cannot detect any audio from the...
  5. Microphone does not work with applications.

Microphone does not work with applications.: I've had issues with my built-in microphone in my laptop for a while now. I use a Samsung Galaxy Book Pro. The microphone works only in the browser for some reason, and although I do get the icon in my taskbar when I use it with apps, the app cannot detect any audio from the...
  6. Microphone stops working with applications only*

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone stops working with applications only*: While using Discord and applications that require my microphone, they will initially work. After some time, however, friends may hear a "pop" noise and they will no longer be able to hear my audio output. Through basic troubleshooting, I found that while my microphone is not...
  7. Microphone not working with Adobe Connect Application

Microphone not working with Adobe Connect Application: Hi everyone. I have an issue with the application. my microphone is working perfectly with other apps. it also works when using adobe connect on the browser. however, when using the app, the option to use the microphone is here but no one is able to hear me. i tried the audio...
  8. Microphone not usable by applications

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microphone not usable by applications: My microphone activity shows in the Windows Sound Settings but is unusable by applications. [ATTACH] The privacy settings are enabled. [ATTACH] In multiple applications the device is selectable as Default or Microsoft Array. None are showing application usage of the...
  9. Microphone Detected in Windows but not Working in Applications

Microphone Detected in Windows but not Working in Applications: About a week ago my computer shut down for a windows update. When it came back up, the microphone wouldn't work in desktop applications. The microphone is detected in these applications, but no sound will go through. I have checked security settings and nothing seems to be...
  10. My microphone stopped working on some applications

My microphone stopped working on some applications: Hello everyone, first of all, some details. My microphone and my ports are fine. They are functional and they are working. My microphone is attached to a headset which is the SteelSeries Arctis 3 and I have downloaded SteelSeries Engine 3. The headset is connected to the PC...