Windows 10: Microphone works when I listen to it, but it doesn't work anywhere else

Discus and support Microphone works when I listen to it, but it doesn't work anywhere else in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My question is a bit of an odd one, mostly because I never would've imagined this is even possible, but moving on: I have a microphone, Razer Seiren... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CodersCruxRDP, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Microphone works when I listen to it, but it doesn't work anywhere else

My question is a bit of an odd one, mostly because I never would've imagined this is even possible, but moving on:

I have a microphone, Razer Seiren X, which has worked fine until now isn't such a good mic, but it works.

Yesterday it was just fine but today it doesn't work at all. After doing some research, the problem has nothing to do with cables, and the microphone does work when I go to Recording Devices and I start listening to it. What's odd, is that this is the only place where the microphone registers sounds.

If I go to Sound Settings, and start tapping on the microphone, the volume bar doesn't show any input from the mic, same when I go to my chatting app Discord and try to use it there.

I have the latest available windows version KB4532695 Version 1909, my mic is a USB mic.

I've also tried using another microphone, my headset one and the same problem seems to appear.

:)

CodersCruxRDP, Feb 3, 2020
  2. Bushka Win User

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Feb 3, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Microphone works when I listen to it, but it doesn't work anywhere else [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Feb 3, 2020
  4. Microphone works when I listen to it, but it doesn't work anywhere else

Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

Microphone works when I listen to it, but it doesn't work anywhere else

1. Microphone works when I listen to it, but it doesn't work anywhere else - Similar Threads - Microphone works listen

2. My Headset's microphone won't work on Discord or basically anywhere else.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Headset's microphone won't work on Discord or basically anywhere else.: I have this HP laptop and a JBL Wired Headset with a built in microphone. For a long time, the headset and its microphone worked just fine. At some point, I accidentally broke my HDD and had it replaced with an SSD. After about a week of insanely improved speeds and overall...
  3. My Headset's microphone won't work on Discord or basically anywhere else.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Headset's microphone won't work on Discord or basically anywhere else.: I have this HP laptop and a JBL Wired Headset with a built in microphone. For a long time, the headset and its microphone worked just fine. At some point, I accidentally broke my HDD and had it replaced with an SSD. After about a week of insanely improved speeds and overall...
  4. Microphone doesn't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone doesn't work: I bought an HP laptop and then suddenly found out that my partner couldn't hear me. I installed all the drivers from HP's website but nothing helped. I allowed my mic to every program in privacy settings. Then I checked my sound devices and in "Record" instead of "Microphone"...
  5. I can listen to a microphone in sound settings but it doesn't work with other programs

I can listen to a microphone in sound settings but it doesn't work with other programs: As said in the title, if I go to sound settings, I can listen to the microphone perfectly fine, but it doesn't work in any other programs. It was working fine, until I adjusted my microphone volume as it was too quiet and it just stopped working in other programs past that...
  6. Microphone only works when Cortona is listening?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone only works when Cortona is listening?: For some reason, one day, my microphone just stopped working. It worked fine for about 6 months and just now started to fail. No audio recording or microphone tests can hear it. However, I have discovered that the microphone DOES work whenever cortana is listening. All...
  7. microphone doesn't work

microphone doesn't work: my laptop internal microphone stopped working suddenly without me changing any setting except privacy, I kept changing it for zoom application but it suddenly stopped working with all apps regardless of permission. when I open zoom or voice recorderwhich both have access to...
  8. Microphone doesn't work

Microphone doesn't work: The generic MSI laptop microphone does not work. People can't hear me on Zoom software. The microphone driver is installed and is up to date on Device Manager. In Privacy settings there is access to a microphone from the applications. I tried to update the microphone driver...
  9. microphone doesn't work

microphone doesn't work: Hello, I have an issue in which my headest is registering to my device, but the microphone doesn't work. It comes thgrough as though there is no microphone attached to the device. I've searched for other tutorials, but nothing works. I have to use the microphone built in to...
  10. Is anyone else's microphones not working?

Is anyone else's microphones not working?: I am trying to get my headsets microphone to pick up audio but it doesn't work. The headset works fine but the microphone doesn't pick anything up. I have tried everything. Privacy settings for the mic, updating drivers for the mic, trying to use earbuds as a mic, i even...