Windows 10: microphone

Discus and support microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How do I turn the microphone on and off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone/d68d4cbf-f74c-4a91-9875-d4e83e6b2243 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by treerat, Mar 26, 2020.

1. treerat Win User

microphone

How do I turn the microphone on and off

:)

treerat, Mar 26, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Mar 26, 2020
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Mar 26, 2020
  4. microphone

microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 26, 2020
Thema:

microphone

1. microphone - Similar Threads - microphone

2. Microphone wont work

in Cortana
    Microphone wont work: My microphone can't hear me. I have gone through all diagnostics but still nothing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-wont-work/626f3ab5-af9c-4f0a-8a70-f72cd17eb83e
  3. Microphone Strange problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone Strange problem: after installing my new headphones I found that the microphone records from the left speaker I tried different headphones but the same problem appears https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-strange-problem/6ef270d9-030a-4c79-87cf-da87dce56946
  4. Audio and internal microphone

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Audio and internal microphone: I am using a Windows 10, Dell laptop borrowed from the college I work for and I need it to conduct remote instruction for my college classes, Our College, uses Canvas and we all need to be using ConferZoom. However, my audio and recording and microphone stopped yesterday. I...
  5. Combo/headphones jack is not recognizing microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Combo/headphones jack is not recognizing microphone: I have a dell latitude e6520 with a combo jack and i want to use it as a microphone only jack My problem is when i plug my microphone in it doesnt show up anywhere not even as a headphone the microphone im trying to use is the " Turbo X plm100 "...
  6. App not listed for camera/microphone permission so cannot make audio/video calls

in Windows 10 Customization
    App not listed for camera/microphone permission so cannot make audio/video calls: I have installed desktop versions of Messenger and WhatsApp, but I cannot make audio or video calls as it tells me that no microphone / camera is connected. I try to give permission to these apps to access the mike and camera, but they are not listed, so I cannot. Skype is...
  7. Troubleshooting microphone/input audio issue Windows 10 Home

Troubleshooting microphone/input audio issue Windows 10 Home: I can't get input audio to work on my PC. The devices tested works on other computers. The devices checked have been connected thru USB-port or the port with the mic symbol, the used USB-ports works for other devices such as mouse and keyboard. One of the devices is a...
  8. microphone issues

microphone issues: When using headphones with a built-in mic, the mic doesn't work. I assumed it was just an issue with discord, but I'm experiencing this issue with every other app that uses mics. I didn't have this issue for the first 8-or-so months of having this computer acer nitro, but it...
  9. Enhancement tab missing from sounds - microphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Enhancement tab missing from sounds - microphone: I have no idea what to do... please help. submitted by /u/_AlexOne_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fuehxv/enhancement_tab_missing_from_sounds_microphone/
  10. Microphone Volume Auto-Adjusting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone Volume Auto-Adjusting: My microphone volume is being auto-adjusted and I can't find why. I have already disabled allow apps to take exclusive control. Confirmed Skype is not set to auto-adjust. Neither is Steam Friends list. Example Image You can see in the example, it starts out high, can...