Windows 10: Microphone

Discus and support Microphone in Cortana to solve the problem; It looks like my microphone isn't working. I can't use cortana neither any mic requiring apps. What can I do ? Please help me resolve.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by ProthomPranto, Jul 31, 2020 at 12:27 PM.

1. Microphone

It looks like my microphone isn't working. I can't use cortana neither any mic requiring apps. What can I do ? Please help me resolve.

:)

ProthomPranto, Jul 31, 2020 at 12:27 PM
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

3. microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 31, 2020 at 12:30 PM
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Microphone

Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Thema:

Microphone

1. Microphone - Similar Threads - Microphone

2. Crackly Webcam Microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Crackly Webcam Microphone: HP Envy Laptop 64 on Windows 10. My webcam mic is extremely crackly on the Camera Video app and on Audacity audio recording playback and yet my Skype partner says it is OK quality though she says it has been crackly and poor in the past. If I check output on the meter it is...
  3. Headset microphone only transmits system sound?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset microphone only transmits system sound?: Good afternoon, since last night I have the problem with my Windows 10 computer that the microphone of my G230 only plays my system sounds, i.e. everything that is said on TS for example. I reinstalled the Realtek driver, but this did not help either. The device is...
  4. microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    microphone: i cant find the microphone on my Sony Vio laptop. Is there one on there ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone/00b41bbb-7573-4f82-8486-1908add88ae5
  5. Fujitsu & Windows10 microphone?

Fujitsu & Windows10 microphone?: Hi, The Fujitsu ESPRIMO Q558 has Windows10 on it. I can't record anything, don't know how to do it! Indicates microphone is on! Does the device have a built-in microphone? Do I need an external microphone, and if so, which jack should I plug in? Sound I hear over...
  6. Adjust microphone sensitivity under Windows?

Adjust microphone sensitivity under Windows?: Hello! Is there a way to adjust the sensitivity (not the level!!) of the microphone, because it deflects at the slightest touch. TIA Mikrofonempfindlichkeit unter Windows einstellen?
  7. Headset microphone speaks to me but to no one else, help do what?

Headset microphone speaks to me but to no one else, help do what?: Hi folks, I originally wanted to solve another problem and deleted the microphone at audio endpoint in the device manager. The result -> I hear myself talking, but in Teamspeak I'm dead So, I sit jz already for 3 hours to solve this, have the hook "Use this device as...
  8. Windows auto-adjusting microphone volume?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows auto-adjusting microphone volume?: Windows keeps turning my microphone volume down which isn't very helpful since I speak very quietly most of the time. My microphone is a Blue Yeti and I already turned off the exclusive control. submitted by /u/404Aroma [link] [comments]...
  9. USB Microphone stops responding when opening games/applications

USB Microphone stops responding when opening games/applications: The microphone I have is a Tonor Q9, which works completely fine until I open a game or a game launcher. The mic doesn't disconnect or anything, it just stops picking up audio until I unplug and plug back in the microphone, or weirdly enough when I unplug and plug my...
  10. Microphone echo issue after new computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone echo issue after new computer: Hello, Just today I got a new pc and plugged my old headset (HyperX Cloud Stinger), I used this headset on my old pc and it worked perfectly, never had an issue until today. My issue is that I get on either Teamspeak 3 or Discord and people can hear themselves when they...