Windows 10: Microphones are working yet my computer is receiving sound?

Discus and support Microphones are working yet my computer is receiving sound? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; [ATTACH] For some reason, whenever I plug in a microphone sound cannot be received by others. Although like the screenshot shows, my computer is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by UltraTitaniumGalaxy, Oct 11, 2019.

1. Microphones are working yet my computer is receiving sound?

Microphones are working yet my computer is receiving sound? 163b51cd-7631-44b7-ab57-0c63c593d8b8?upload=true.png

For some reason, whenever I plug in a microphone sound cannot be received by others. Although like the screenshot shows, my computer is picking up sound that isn't coming from my voice or surrounding area. Is there any way to solve this problem? I know it's not the microphone itself because it works fine on other devices.

:)

UltraTitaniumGalaxy, Oct 11, 2019

2. Skype "can't access sound card" for microphone

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the microphone on Skype. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

We appreciate your time spent in resolving the issue.

• Do let us know if you have made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Which version of Skype have you installed on your computer?

As a workaround, I suggest you to check if there are any updates for the Skype app in Windows Store. If so, try to install the updates and check if it helps.

Also, I recommend you to check with the settings in Skype app.

Step 1: Check configuration in Skype

Normally, you will receive the message about recording device error, if the microphone or the webcam is not configured properly in Skype.

To check configuration:

• Open Skype and navigate to tools
    • Click options and check for sound device.

Step 2: Verify in the recording tab if the Microphone is enabled and working.

To check:

• Click Start, click Control Panel
    • Click Soundand click Audio.

Hope it helps. Update us the status with the error message on Skype for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 11, 2019
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    External microphone does not work

Hi Zarbab,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the microphone being in a disabled state. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open Control Panel and categorize to view by
      Small Icons.
    • Click on Speech Recognition and navigate to
      Advanced Speech Options > Microphone > Advanced
    • Check Real Conexant HD Audio, save the changes and exit
      Control Panel.
    • Restart the machine to see if the microphone works.

Meanwhile, you may also want to go through the troubleshooting suggestions given in the following articles and see if they help:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Oct 11, 2019
  4. makesense Win User

Microphones are working yet my computer is receiving sound?

Windows 10 No microphone will work

Sorry about the long response time. Work sucks sometime.

I tried both a headset microphone and the usb microphone on another Windows 10 computer. It did not pick up any microphone signal and was showing the same emulated sound output as I noted before.

That is what is really bothering me. Both computers detect the microphones, yet output is being directed to them as well as any plugged in speaker/headphone.

makesense, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

Microphones are working yet my computer is receiving sound?

1. Microphones are working yet my computer is receiving sound? - Similar Threads - Microphones are working

2. My microphone doesn't work on my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My microphone doesn't work on my computer.: I am using Windows 10.I have attached my computer information as an image.I need to plug in my headset with 2 plugins.But my computer has only one port.And the most strange thing is that I have two ports but one at the front and another at the back.Can anybody help me how to...
  3. My microphone doesn't work on my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My microphone doesn't work on my computer.: I am using Windows 10.I have attached my computer information as an image.I need to plug in my headset with 2 plugins.But my computer has only one port.And the most strange thing is that I have two ports but one at the front and another at the back.Can anybody help me how to...
  4. My microphone doesn't work on my computer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My computer is fully compatible for the update. But I have not yet received the download...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is fully compatible for the update. But I have not yet received the download...: My computer is fully compatible with the update. But I have not yet received the download instructions. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-fully-compatible-for-the-update-but/55b6d6ee-7f3a-4d26-82a2-3e1cad100e97
  6. My computer is fully compatible for the update. But I have not yet received the download...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is fully compatible for the update. But I have not yet received the download...: My computer is fully compatible with the update. But I have not yet received the download instructions. What should I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-fully-compatible-for-the-update-but/55b6d6ee-7f3a-4d26-82a2-3e1cad100e97
  7. Sound and Microphone not working

Sound and Microphone not working: So a while ago my ThinkPad E480 laptop stopped giving output to my speakers and the audio jack, and it was annoying but I usually use my Bluetooth headset so I was fine. Then my headset died and it didn't work tried a few things, nothing, restarted my computer the sound...
  8. My computer sound is not working

My computer sound is not working: I have no sound to my laptop. i tried looking for the uaa driver couldnt find it in device manager, my realtek hd sound option isnt there anymore. only sound options i have are for nvidia and its not letting me do anything with that...
  9. Sound is distorting and microphone is not working

Sound is distorting and microphone is not working: So I had this issue 2 hours ago, I was playing a game but I can't hear any sounds, so I did everything that normally would fix my issue reconnect my headphones, restarting my computer but it didn't work now, I tried reinstalling my sound driver, but it didn't work, when I try...
  10. Sister's Computer Has Not Received Windows 10 Upgrade Yet

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sister's Computer Has Not Received Windows 10 Upgrade Yet: I still can't get my sister's computer to upgrade to Windows 10. It says the updates keep failing. Any advice or help on getting the upgrade for her computer? 9572