Windows 10: Microphones not working and settings app crashing when i try to enter "microphone privacy...

Discus and support Microphones not working and settings app crashing when i try to enter "microphone privacy... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi! When i open voice recorder, it says that i need to set up a microphone in settings, and while searching for a solution, one said to open privacy... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DominickMendoza, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Microphones not working and settings app crashing when i try to enter "microphone privacy...

Hi! When i open voice recorder, it says that i need to set up a microphone in settings, and while searching for a solution, one said to open privacy settings and enable microphone in the microphone setting. But whenever i click on microphone in privacy setting, the window is suddenly closing. tried it several times, even after restarting, it'll just crash whenever i click it. Same with my camera. My camera won't work also because they said that they need permission, never bothered me though cause i don't use it anyway but it's the same as the microphone. when i click on camera on privacy setting, it crashes.

in addition none of the microphones that i tried to use to fix this issue are working. I've set my microphone as the default microphone and i can set it as my input device but nothing will pick up audio

everything was working fine about a week ago

it seems there was a similar issue back in 2018 but im still unclear on how it was solved

i've tried just about everything and i can't find a fix

during the lockdown ive been using discord to talk with my friends but now i cant because my mics dont work

this is a really aggravating issue that need a fix

PLEASE HELP ME!

im on windows 10 home

version: 1903

os build: 18362.959

:)

DominickMendoza, Jul 15, 2020

2. window crashes when i open camera or microphone setting in privacy

Answers to your questions:

• Yes, both are working properly before.
    • Yes, i'm logged in as administrator.
    • No app can use camera or microphone. All apps said to allow in the privacy setting.

And i can't really solve using the adjustment on privacy setting. 'cause as i've said before, everytime i open camera or microphone setting in privacy, the window crashes everytime.

as for the troubleshooting, it couldn't identify the problem.

orangeshearts, Jul 15, 2020
  3. ChrisGnam Win User
    The Privacy Settings App crashes when I try to open the "Camera" and "Microphone" settings.

I just attempted to view the Camera and Microphone settings on my computer, but I found that the "Privacy Settings" app crashes every time I try to do so. I can open up the settings for everything else with no problem, but the Camera and Microphone ones
    continue to crash the entire app.

I have a Dell running Windows 10.

ChrisGnam, Jul 15, 2020
  4. John Vil Win User

Microphones not working and settings app crashing when i try to enter "microphone privacy...

The Privacy Settings App crashes when I try to open the "Camera" and "Microphone" settings.

Hi Chris,

For us to better assist you and provide you with the appropriate resolution, we would like to know if your Privacy Settings app crash when you open your Camera and Microphone settings as well. If so, we suggest that you check this
    thread and refer to the steps provided by
    Charles_586 to resolve this issue.

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Microphones not working and settings app crashing when i try to enter "microphone privacy...

1. Microphones not working and settings app crashing when i try to enter "microphone privacy... - Similar Threads - Microphones working settings

2. The Privacy Settings App crashes when I try to open microphone privacy settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Privacy Settings App crashes when I try to open microphone privacy settings: I did mess with services.msc and I want to fix it but don't know how https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-privacy-settings-app-crashes-when-i-try-to/a52aeb78-59ac-4f59-a9d9-329d13d14500
  3. The Privacy Settings App crashes when I try to open microphone privacy settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Privacy Settings App crashes when I try to open microphone privacy settings: I did mess with services.msc and I want to fix it but don't know how https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-privacy-settings-app-crashes-when-i-try-to/a52aeb78-59ac-4f59-a9d9-329d13d14500
  4. 2021 Windows 10 Home 20H2 microphone not working and microphone privacy settings crashes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2021 Windows 10 Home 20H2 microphone not working and microphone privacy settings crashes: Windows 10 Home20H2OS build 19042.1202Windows Feature Experience 120.2212.3530.0Up until last week sometime my microphone was working fine. Now - I'm guessing after a Windows update - all microphone devices are broken and the microphone privacy settings app crashes when...
  5. Microphone not working on programs! No, it’s not a privacy setting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not working on programs! No, it’s not a privacy setting: Hello! I have a notebook and the microphone suddenly stopped working, not only the built-in microphone but when I connect a headphone doesn’t work as well, in the settings it does show as connected but no sound goes through, I’ve tried updating the drivers, disable and enable...
  6. Microphone Privacy Settings for Select Apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone Privacy Settings for Select Apps: Is there a way to allow microphone access to select apps? I have the option to control access to individual Microsoft Store apps, but either all or no desktop apps. Is there an alternative way to restrict access? For example, I'd like to only provide Google Chrome, but...
  7. Privacy Microphone Settings Not Working.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Privacy Microphone Settings Not Working.: Okay, I have researched a lot on this matter of the privacy settings on Windows 10 before having to come to this conclusion. My Microphone Privacy settings for the Xbox Game Recorder is Broken. I try to turn the mic on and it says that my privacy settings don't allow that and...
  8. Settings app crashes when opening privacy settings for microphone.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Settings app crashes when opening privacy settings for microphone.: [ATTACH] I was using my microphone on my razer headset a few days ago, until I come back, and it had just stopped working. The headset works fine, but the mic does not seem to be recording any sound. I have already checked the sound control panel and everything is selected...
  9. "microphone privacy settings"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "microphone privacy settings": I've been trying to get my microphone working for my computer. it was working before and now it stopped working. and not just this microphone. but any other microphones as well. in every app I've tried to talk to others with. it stats that I need to change my privacy settings...
  10. settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic'

in Windows 10 Support
    settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic': in settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic' when this is off, sites do not work (like google hangouts, all else) im guessing that win10 is not disabling hangouts, but that's it's disabling chrome's access to mic entirely this is extremely bad...