Windows 10: Microphones not working

Discus and support Microphones not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My recording devices are all messed up. The issue is when i plug them in installs drivers and everything fine but when i try use them it just glitches... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ilyas10120837120873, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Microphones not working

My recording devices are all messed up. The issue is when i plug them in installs drivers and everything fine but when i try use them it just glitches out the input devices on the sound settings. It will show up then disappear and then repeat. I have tried it with 2 mics both are usb mics. I have tried using all usb ports doesn't work. Restart pc, Update drives, using different wires still doesn't work. And i have nothing else to try, only thing i can think of now is to reset my pc.

:)

Ilyas10120837120873, Apr 12, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Apr 12, 2021
  3. microphone is not working

Hi Junezryaz,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10 and your steps in solving the issue.

I suggest you to run the microphone troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooter” in the search box and press Enter.
    • Click on ‘View All’ on the top left corner.
    • Click on “Recording Audio” from the list and follow the prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with the necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 12, 2021
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Microphones not working

External microphone does not work

Hi Zarbab,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the microphone being in a disabled state. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works:

• Open Control Panel and categorize to view by
      Small Icons.
    • Click on Speech Recognition and navigate to
      Advanced Speech Options > Microphone > Advanced
    • Check Real Conexant HD Audio, save the changes and exit
      Control Panel.
    • Restart the machine to see if the microphone works.

Meanwhile, you may also want to go through the troubleshooting suggestions given in the following articles and see if they help:

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

Microphones not working

1. Microphones not working - Similar Threads - Microphones working

2. External Microphone was working, then stopped working after computer went to sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Microphone was working, then stopped working after computer went to sleep: I have a Zoom H4n recorder that I use as an external microphone for Zoom music lessons. I was using it with my previous HP Windows tablet with no issues.I got a new HP Windows tablet 2 days ago. The microphone doesn't work. I checked the frequency, restarted the mic,...
  3. Desktop microphone not working

in Cortana
    Desktop microphone not working: I am using a HP pavilion x360 which is running on windows 10 home.My desktop microphone has stopped working. People cannot hear my voice on various online platforms during meetingsdiscord/microsoft teams/google meet. Cortana cannot hear me. I also tried recording my voice on...
  4. My microphone stop working

My microphone stop working: My microphone kind a stop working on my pc yesterday i don't know why. The mic is working though because i tested it on my hp compaq laptop and it worked perfectly there. And i don't think there is a problem with my motherboard because its recognize it. Also my drivers are up...
  5. My microphone stopped working after I installed this program

My microphone stopped working after I installed this program: I recently installed Clownfish Voice Changer https://clownfish-translator.com/voicechanger/, but my internal microphone array no longer picks up any sound once the installation was complete....
  6. External Microphone detected but not picking up audio, while earphone works just fine

External Microphone detected but not picking up audio, while earphone works just fine: So i plugged my earphone to the back port audio jack and i set the output to the "Speakers Realtek high definition audio" and my earphone works fine.And then i bought a microphone, i plug it in at the back port microphone jack too. So i'm using external earphone and external...
  7. Headset Microphone is not working

Headset Microphone is not working: I have a Sennheiser headset with a split jack. One green jack for the headphones and one pink jack for the microphone. When I connect it to the matching port on my Windows Laptop, it detects and uses the headphones for audio output but the microphone is not picking up any...
  8. microphone not working

microphone not working: I just installed an up date and my microphone is now making a really loud screeching sound please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-not-working/bd78f70a-9812-44ce-b2a5-26aed5386a31
  9. External Microphone Not Working with Headphone Jack Realtek Audio Drivers

External Microphone Not Working with Headphone Jack Realtek Audio Drivers: Hi,I have been having a problem over the past couple of weeks where my laptop, Gigabyte Aero 15 WA, no longer uses the microphone from my earbuds that I would like to use and rather just uses the laptop's built-in microphone. The audio output to my earbuds works just fine...
  10. xbox gamebar microphone not working due to privacy settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    xbox gamebar microphone not working due to privacy settings: Hello, so i've been using Xbox Game Bar to record my videos, the problem is that it won't let me use my microphone "due to my privacy settings" but there's nothing wrong in my privacy settings.So as you can see in this screenshot, it says that my privacy settings are blocking...