Windows 10: microSDXC will not play videos and in the folders its showing empty

Discus and support microSDXC will not play videos and in the folders its showing empty in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; how do i get videos to play from my microSDXC?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Persevere_Arts, Nov 25, 2020.

1. microSDXC will not play videos and in the folders its showing empty

how do i get videos to play from my microSDXC?

:)

Persevere_Arts, Nov 25, 2020
  2. ZacharyF Win User

Videos not playing

Hi,

I am also having an issue with my videos not playing on any browser for windows 10. So I followed the steps that you listed for the video option but there is
    no folder called Display Drivers. There are folders called display adapters and disk drivers however. Maybe I should uninstall one of those?

Thanks

Zach

ZacharyF, Nov 25, 2020
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    video not playing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which video player you are using to play the video?
    2. Are you able to play the video on any other computer?
    3. Are you facing the issue with only specific video or with all the other videos?

This issue could also occur when the USB or SD card is corrupted when you have transferred the video.

Try the troubleshooting methods provided below to further narrow down the root cause of the issue.

Method 1: Try a different video player.

1. Try to use a different USB to transfer the video, if you are playing it on other computer or device.
    2. I suggest you to try a different video player and check if it plays.
    3. You can also check on different device or computer.

Step: Run Windows Media player troubleshooter.

1. Press Windows + R key on your keyboard together.
    2. Copy and paste the below command and run each at a time and follow the onscreen instruction on the troubleshooter
    3. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerConfigurationDiagnostic
    4. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerLibraryDiagnostic
    5. msdt.exe -id WindowsMediaPlayerDVDDiagnostic
    6. Reboot the computer and check.
    If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Hope it helps,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Nov 25, 2020
  4. microSDXC will not play videos and in the folders its showing empty

Moved a folder from another drive and rename and it still shows as the old folder name in certain places

Hi Nick,

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check the behavior.

• Create a new folder name it as 'My Videos'.
    • Now copy/cut and paste the contents which are in the folder "Videos", and delete the folder "Videos".
    • Now check the behavior.
    Please keep us updated with the status of the folder, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

microSDXC will not play videos and in the folders its showing empty

1. microSDXC will not play videos and in the folders its showing empty - Similar Threads - microSDXC play videos

2. showing "this folder is empty" when its not

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    showing "this folder is empty" when its not: since i updated my pc from windows 7 to 10 i have had some problems with the local disk Dfor example it shows that the folder is empty but when i search something it shows so its not empty how can i fix it?...
  3. The Video Folder with its icon is missing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The Video Folder with its icon is missing.: The Video Folder with its icon is missing in Windows 11. Where can I locate it? I have already searched the "C: users" directory, but it's not present there....
  4. The Video Folder with its icon is missing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Video Folder with its icon is missing.: The Video Folder with its icon is missing in Windows 11. Where can I locate it? I have already searched the "C: users" directory, but it's not present there....
  5. Videos Folder not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Videos Folder not showing: Hello Windows Community,I just recently updated my windows 11 insider preview and after a few days of using it my videos folder just goes missing.in fact there are no folders under "This Pc" only the disk drive is showing....
  6. Videos Folder not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Videos Folder not showing: Hello Windows Community,I just recently updated my windows 11 insider preview and after a few days of using it my videos folder just goes missing.in fact there are no folders under "This Pc" only the disk drive is showing....
  7. Navigation Pane - empty folders not showing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Navigation Pane - empty folders not showing: I have created a number of new sub-folders: R144,R145,R146,R147,R148,R149,R150,R151,R152,R153,R154,R155,R156,R158,R159 They sometimes appear in the preview pane, but not in the naviagation pane. I know they are there, because if I choose the folder, e.g. ..\R151, it will...
  8. download folders show empty

download folders show empty: i have a lenovo lap top with windows 10 pre installed and when i download any files they show empty https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-folders-show-empty/a865bfc2-3105-4dc0-bf60-53631888f39d
  9. windows 10 showing empty folders

windows 10 showing empty folders: folders showing empty in documents in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-showing-empty-folders/71e46bd1-5e90-4fcd-b8f6-341f856e0df5"
  10. Fonts Folder shows "This folder is empty" message, although it's not

in Windows 10 Support
    Fonts Folder shows "This folder is empty" message, although it's not: Hi,everybody. I've recently installed about 30,000 news fonts on my Windosw 10. The PC slowed down a bit, so I started removing 'some' (many) fonts. However, now that I've removed thousands of fonts, when I open the Fonts folder it only shows the "This folder is empty"...